PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta 654 c3102 error code

Custom Search

kobi gabay
11-04-2020, 06:00 PM
Hi guys.
Having problems with the copier. the code pops up few seconds after boot with out any strange noise or something like that fuser don't heating at all!!!!

What can cause a malfunction in the fuser unit ?
Another fuser is working fine. The faulty unit visually looks in very good condition. Sensors in the unit have been swapped between fuser without any change.
Anyone having such a problem?what can I do to fix the faulty unit?
Thanks in advance for your help 🙏🙏🙏

femaster
11-05-2020, 02:30 AM
That code indicates that the fuser can't turn. If the machine detects that the rollers aren't turning, it won't heat the fuser for safety reasons.

Since another fuser works fine, I'd say that the original fuser has most likely seized up for some reason. Have you tried using the jam removal wheel to see if you can get the rollers in the fuser to turn? If the fuser is removed from the copier already, try spinning the rollers by hand using the drive gear on the fuser. They should rotate very easily.

slimslob
11-05-2020, 02:46 AM
That code indicates that the fuser can't turn. Since another fuser works fine, I'd say that the original fuser has seized up for some reason.

Have you tried using the jam removal wheel to see if you can get the rollers in the fuser to turn? If it's removed from the copier already, try spinning the rollers by hand using the drive gear on the fuser. They should rotate very easily.

I had seen similar with older B/W Ricoh when the customer would repeatedly reset fusing error codes until the hot roller got hot enough to melt the pressure roller to it.

femaster
11-05-2020, 02:51 AM
I had seen similar with older B/W Ricoh when the customer would repeatedly reset fusing error codes until the hot roller got hot enough to melt the pressure roller to it.

I've seen that a number of times as well, both older Ricoh machines when I worked on them, and also on older KM machines.

kobi gabay
11-05-2020, 03:57 PM
Hi..
Thanks for replying..
The old fuser is looks fine and spin smoothly I'd appreciate a few more suggestions..... 🙏

Bix
11-06-2020, 11:17 AM
Hi..
Thanks for replying..
The old fuser is looks fine and spin smoothly I'd appreciate a few more suggestions..... 🙏

Open the fuser covers and you try to turn by hand. See if the gears don't slip.

Synthohol
11-06-2020, 09:49 PM
that fuser has an oil roller on it.
if you can turn the fuser in BOTH directions easily no worries but if it binds up when turned backwards, the oil roller has dried out and can be removed for a bit more life.
dont try to re-oil it, the thermister will blow. (hard lesson day that was)
just take out the small c clip and the 2 tiny springs and toss them along with the oil roller.
its a waaay old box there, not even an E series. sliding panel right?
probably due for a new fuser anyway but if you can get more clicks out of it i go for it every time.

once the oil is all used up the roller gets hot and causes it to drag slowing down the rotation.
good luck!

femaster
11-07-2020, 03:00 AM
that fuser has an oil roller on it.
just take out the small c clip and the 2 tiny springs and toss them along with the oil roller.

I've done this on a number of fusers where the fuser starts squeaking / squealing. The bushings on that brush/oil roller give out (rust powder coming out of the fuser is an obvious sign of this problem) and the metal arm(s) that hold the roller start to rub on the cleaning roller creating a very high pitch squeak/squeal. As you said, just remove the 2 springs, one clip, and slide the assembly to the side and it comes right out.

Custom Search