PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C658 - Can't print with a fold, tri fold, or booklet fold & staple from Mac's.

Custom Search

captainrva
11-04-2020, 07:57 PM
Brand new Bizhub C658 with FS-536 + SD is having a weird issue. The machine has the latest FW and is on function version 4.2

Everything works flawlessly on the 3 windows PC's I tried but I get nothing from 6 different Mac PC's as they seem to bypass the finisher altogether. Can't do a half fold nothing. I noticed an issue when sending landscape document to the specific tray that also had landscape orientated paper in it, It would pull from the portrait paper tray. I removed the portrait paper tray and tried again, it came through the desired tray but still wouldn't fold. I tried the 4 different driver versions and they did the same thing.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: The copier has account track turned on and all the mac's have the code stored and can print fine, just without folds or booklets.

bsm2
11-04-2020, 08:05 PM
Did you add the correct finisher to the MAC driver ? Unlike Windows you must add all the machine features to the Mac driver

trscolin
11-04-2020, 08:07 PM
When you added the printer on the mac it will ask you to select what options are install. That is the usual cause of why finishing options do not work. I am also assuming you are using the correct driver not the generic driver apple installs.

Brand new Bizhub C658 with FS-536 + SD is having a weird issue. The machine has the latest FW and is on function version 4.2

Everything works flawlessly on the 3 windows PC's I tried but I get nothing from 6 different Mac PC's as they seem to bypass the finisher altogether. Can't do a half fold nothing. I noticed an issue when sending landscape document to the specific tray that also had landscape orientated paper in it, It would pull from the portrait paper tray. I removed the portrait paper tray and tried again, it came through the desired tray but still wouldn't fold. I tried the 4 different driver versions and they did the same thing.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: The copier has account track turned on and all the mac's have the code stored and can print fine, just without folds or booklets.

captainrva
11-04-2020, 08:43 PM
When you added the printer on the mac it will ask you to select what options are install. That is the usual cause of why finishing options do not work. I am also assuming you are using the correct driver not the generic driver apple installs.

Yes, used correct driver for the OS, tried it on osx10.13 & osx 10.15. Tried the older drivers as well. When adding the printer it asked for the additional hardware (paper tray, finisher, punch, etc.) all was added correctly and verified in CUPS.

bsm2
11-04-2020, 09:06 PM
How did you setup driver port should tcp/ip not bonjour

captainrva
11-04-2020, 09:13 PM
How did you setup driver port should tcp/ip not bonjour

Yes, I set it up with TCP/IP with the LPD protocol.

Synthohol
11-04-2020, 09:20 PM
Check Every page of CUPS. Sounds like something is missing

captainrva
11-04-2020, 09:27 PM
Check Every page of CUPS. Sounds like something is missing

It is happening on 6 different Mac's. All were setup/resetup identical to the other hundred Mac's I have done and that's why I'm so confused as to what is going on in this customers office or with the Bizhub.

bsm2
11-04-2020, 10:35 PM
Thats a problem I ve seen on Konica instead of telling why it cant do the job it just prints it. Wrong

Double check the the adding finisher and adding the folder to the Macs.

Also there is a minimum number of pages before it can do a booklet.
Another issue could be paper weight or paper type machine has built in protections if paper is too thick or type.
It will just run the job and not fold.
Account track should have nothing to do with it

captainrva
11-20-2020, 09:11 PM
Thats a problem I ve seen on Konica instead of telling why it cant do the job it just prints it. Wrong

Double check the the adding finisher and adding the folder to the Macs.

Also there is a minimum number of pages before it can do a booklet.
Another issue could be paper weight or paper type machine has built in protections if paper is too thick or type.
It will just run the job and not fold.
Account track should have nothing to do with it

I re-flashed the firmware today making sure the finisher was included and it is still not folding for the Mac's. I tried the exact same job on a Windows computer and it prints and folds just fine. I deleted and added the printer back on the mac and made sure all the additions were correct again as well.

All paper types are plain paper, regular weight.

xagerated
11-24-2020, 06:39 PM
Are all the Macs running the newest OS (11.0) which Konica didn't release drivers for yet? I know it still has some functionality but there might be something there.

captainrva
11-24-2020, 07:38 PM
Are all the Macs running the newest OS (11.0) which Konica didn't release drivers for yet? I know it still has some functionality but there might be something there.

All of the mac's tested are running 10.12 - 10.15. I was able to get the finisher to staple a 10 page document in the top left corner but it still won't fold or center fold and staple.

rrrohan
11-24-2020, 08:41 PM
What application are you printing from?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

captainrva
11-24-2020, 09:25 PM
What application are you printing from?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I tried printing from MS Word, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Reader, Text Edit, Preview, Chrome browser. I was able to get a top left corner staple on a document yesterday but no folds.

rrrohan
11-25-2020, 01:53 AM
to test whether or not the copier is even receiving the request to fold/staple id do a secure print job.

when you go to release it if it did receive the fold request before you hit start confirm if fold is selected. if its not id say thats confirmation of a driver issue

captainrva
12-04-2020, 02:54 PM
to test whether or not the copier is even receiving the request to fold/staple id do a secure print job.

when you go to release it if it did receive the fold request before you hit start confirm if fold is selected. if its not id say thats confirmation of a driver issue

*Update: I have setup a C658 with the same finisher here in the office with a mac using the same driver and it works perfectly fine with the only difference being the FW was 1 step down. I updated the FW to match the customer's machine and it still works fine in my office environment with a mac. I guess it has to be something with the MFP they have. I have formatted and reflashed their machine to no avail.

I do have the factory reset tool so I think that is my next option. Any other suggestions?

srvctec
12-04-2020, 05:53 PM
*Update: I have setup a C658 with the same finisher here in the office with a mac using the same driver and it works perfectly fine with the only difference being the FW was 1 step down. I updated the FW to match the customer's machine and it still works fine in my office environment with a mac. I guess it has to be something with the MFP they have. I have formatted and reflashed their machine to no avail.

I do have the factory reset tool so I think that is my next option. Any other suggestions?

Have you done a Clear All Data yet in CE mode? I'd try that before the much more nuclear option.

allan
12-04-2020, 06:31 PM
Stapling is a finisher function...
Wonder if that PPD is not complete of wrong.
Remove the printer and then install latest PPD with CUPS?

captainrva
12-04-2020, 06:42 PM
Have you done a Clear All Data yet in CE mode? I'd try that before the much more nuclear option.

That should have been tried already by another tech but maybe it wasn't. I am going myself on Tuesday (customer is 2 hour drive away) so I will try everything I can before nuking it :)

copyman
12-04-2020, 06:48 PM
I recently had a "4" series copier with some weird issues. This customer was trying to print mixed letter/legal mortgage docs from a Mac, OS: Catalina 10.15.7
It would stop and ask for paper on bypass tray, even if you put the paper on bypass it wouldn't work. Tray one 8.5x11, tray two 8.5x14

My IT wasn't able to get it going last I spoke with him. Still think issue hasn't been resolved.

All settings have been checked and rechecked.

If I end up getting this resolved will post here what it was.

Blizzoo
12-04-2020, 07:19 PM
Worth a shot to take one of your Mac's with you to print direct before All Data Clear? I would blame the Mac's/drivers before the machine if all good on the other Win pc's

Have you tried to reinstall the print queue on the Mac's using a different protocol, other than LPD?

Le:
Did they had a Konica before this one? If so were the old print drivers removed properly?

captainrva
12-04-2020, 07:48 PM
Worth a shot to take one of your Mac's with you to print direct before All Data Clear? I would blame the Mac's/drivers before the machine if all good on the other Win pc's

Have you tried to reinstall the print queue on the Mac's using a different protocol, other than LPD?

Le:
Did they had a Konica before this one? If so were the old print drivers removed properly?

Yeah, I'm bringing the Mac I have at the office with me because I did the exact MFP setup here and I have no issues what-so-ever with folding so I am going to test this Mac on their network.

I have only tried LPD and airprint

Yes, they still have a C652 in the office that has no issues folding or stapling from the Mac's, just the C658.

Blizzoo
12-04-2020, 08:48 PM
I'm guessing there may be a interference with some old print driver files for c652. If you haven't done it yet, try to delete them all and do a fresh c658 ppd install.

This shows how and where to look after print driver files on Mac's

How to Remove Sharp Print Drivers and PPD Files from Mac Computer - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jomWafG_GA)

captainrva
12-08-2020, 08:38 PM
It's all sorted now. Clear All Data and a Logical Format got it all working again. Apparently, they couldn't print more than one copy per print either so that's sorted as well. Thank you all for your help with this!

Custom Search