PDA

View Full Version : how to test paper passage duplex in service mode from series 4 upward?

Custom Search

ammorex112
11-05-2020, 12:44 PM
hello!
i don't know how to do this operation. the old series ( Bizhub 250/ 282 ) had this option in service mode ( F1 ).
anyone knows if it's possible to test duplex from service mode on newer models ( 4/8 series ) ?
i have some clients that are not so happy to test duplex print from user menu, by copying blank sheets.
thanks!

Synthohol
11-05-2020, 12:46 PM
service mode, test mode, paper passage test.
also you can print the meter sheet 2 sided and the meter does not click iirc.

ammorex112
11-05-2020, 01:15 PM
yes, i know the procedure, how to test using paper passage. but there is no option for duplexing in this paper passage test at this models. my question was about duplexing test. i know that meter count is not counted, but i cannot print 100 sheets of meter counters...
older models ( bizhub 250/282) have this option in paper passage, DUPLEX.

Synthohol
11-05-2020, 01:42 PM
i didnt pay that much attention to the screen, i make 100 copies and keep reusing the same 100 pages over and over.
i also keep a couple reams of paper in my car in case they complain about wasting paper, they have no right to bitch about the clicks when you are there to test or service the machine. you are there to fix it with confidence so if you make 100 or 1000 copies it takes whatever it takes.
iirc in our contracts techs can make up to 500 copies before they can complain or try to not pay for the couple dollars of clicks.

ammorex112
11-05-2020, 02:12 PM
ok. this is how i do it now. but the question remains : are these machines capable of doing paper passage duplex?

Bix
11-05-2020, 02:37 PM
I don't want to say nonsense but I think not. I also looked for this option, especially when customers have set up authentication and I don't want to ask them for the access pin. When I have to test the duplex, I ask them to unlock the machine and I print from the main menu.

tsbservice
11-05-2020, 02:45 PM
Afaik NO. KM screwed this useful feature. You can print MML list 2 sided several times on same paper it will not increase clicks but will consume some toner of course.

ammorex112
11-05-2020, 02:47 PM
ok. so NO means NO! thank you for the answer !

tulintron
11-05-2020, 03:09 PM
ok. so NO means NO! thank you for the answer !Excuse me. Your question ended up getting confused for me.

Do you want to enter Test Mode, within Service Mode and print tests on both sides of the sheet?

If the answer is YES, we can print on both sides.

Gradation Pattern, Halftone Pattern or any other test, in the left corner of the menu, choose option 2 side 1. This option is right above the resolution option.

I hope I understand your question.

Or would it be using the Automatic Document Feeder?

error
11-05-2020, 05:11 PM
hello!
i don't know how to do this operation. the old series ( Bizhub 250/ 282 ) had this option in service mode ( F1 ).
anyone knows if it's possible to test duplex from service mode on newer models ( 4/8 series ) ?
i have some clients that are not so happy to test duplex print from user menu, by copying blank sheets.
thanks!

you can try
Service mode->test mode->halftone pattern->yellow->change density 0->2side->start

tsbservice
11-05-2020, 05:22 PM
you can try
Service mode->test mode->halftone pattern->yellow->change density 0->2side->start

Sounds like legitimate workaround. Good first post ;)
Will try it tomorrow.

KMFLT3CH
11-05-2020, 05:50 PM
Short answer: No you cannot execute 2-sided under Test Mode > Paper Passage Test

The workaround I use is Service Mode > List Output > select all the squares. Then select 2-sided at the bottom right and hit the Start button. Let it run and print out all the reports, this should be more than enough test pages.

tsbservice
11-06-2020, 08:09 AM
you can try

Tested on C250i and it work. You can even choose number of copies using SINGLE not MULTI. Because there is no option to choose paper tray you can open a bit those trays or leave loaded only desired tray...
Thanks again.

Custom Search