PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta bizhub 25E. SD card replacement

Custom Search

lasersmithllc
11-05-2020, 06:42 PM
I have a couple of these 25e's missing the 4g sd card. Is it possible to buy a generic SD 4Gig card and format it? Right now when I turn it on with the generic card in, all I get is green lights(one of them flashing)

I know they don't have alot of value there, but I hate the idea of just throwing them in the dumpster.

Synthohol
11-05-2020, 10:12 PM
just asking without researching it first... have you tried booting up with firmware?
maybe it doesnt have the digital signature from the machine on it yet?

lasersmithllc
11-06-2020, 03:51 PM
I'm new to KM. Are you saying I can boot up with a firmware flash? No I haven't tried that. How is that done.

Synthohol
11-06-2020, 07:10 PM
Being it's a muritec piece of paperweight it's best if I just give you the service manual and see if you can make heads or tails of it as its unlike any other konica manual the way it's written.
Gimme a minute and check your PMs.
Thanks for being a contributor!!

scanmc
11-06-2020, 07:46 PM
Being it's a muritec piece of paperweight it's best if I just give you the service manual and see if you can make heads or tails of it as its unlike any other konica manual the way it's written.
Gimme a minute and check your PMs.
Thanks for being a contributor!!

He will also need to load the files on the SD card. Not the firmware but the actual files for the card

lasersmithllc
11-06-2020, 08:54 PM
He will also need to load the files on the SD card. Not the firmware but the actual files for the card

could I potentially get an sd reader/writer plug it into a computer and write to it?

scanmc
11-06-2020, 09:09 PM
could I potentially get an sd reader/writer plug it into a computer and write to it?

I use one of those little thumb drives that has multiple slots in it for different size cards. Possibly from someone that has access to the KM files can email them to you. And yes nothing special about the cards that I'm aware of. Good luck

lasersmithllc
11-06-2020, 11:03 PM
Thanks. Does anyone have the files for the 25E. I am going to try to create a sd card for it.

thankyou

Synthohol
11-06-2020, 11:44 PM
ck your PMs Ohio ;)

Synthohol
11-07-2020, 12:55 AM
all i see is firmware, i searched KM and there is no indication of how or what files go on the SD card.
hope the manual was of help, Muritec may be of more help if needed? i thought you can just boot to a USB and rewrite FW.

lasersmithllc
11-09-2020, 07:21 PM
I have the base file, but still no luck(green lights). Do you think there is a folder name it is looking for? Right now I just put the base file in the root directory of the sd card.

scanmc
11-09-2020, 09:47 PM
I have the base file, but still no luck(green lights). Do you think there is a folder name it is looking for? Right now I just put the base file in the root directory of the sd card.

What files did you put on the SD card? The firmware is loaded though the usb port on the side of the display. If you have the firmware you need to unzip then drop the boot file on the root of the USB drive. Then insert the drive in the USB slot and turn on the power. These machines are manufactured by Muratec. I can send you the files for the SD card from a MFX 3530 but not sure if that is going to help you.

lasersmithllc
11-09-2020, 10:06 PM
What files did you put on the SD card? The firmware is loaded though the usb port on the side of the display. If you have the firmware you need to unzip then drop the boot file on the root of the USB drive. Then insert the drive in the USB slot and turn on the power. These machines are manufactured by Muratec. I can send you the files for the SD card from a MFX 3530 but not sure if that is going to help you.
Just the .bin file is on the sd card. I was expecting it to boot up to a point where I could then add the current firmware also a .bin file. Am I correct?

Custom Search