PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub FW update general question

Custom Search

tsbservice
11-12-2020, 08:29 AM
Hi fellow techs. Anyone familiar with FW updates via FTP, HTTP or Webdav and care to enlighten me?
What's like setup looks, any hidden pitfalls. In what environments(customers) we can setup such scenarios?

Bix
11-12-2020, 09:27 AM
Hi, I have never done this but I have used WWRSPF. But I believe the concept is the same.

My advice is to proceed with scheduled updates. You avoid starting them during the day. With the WWRSPF I schedule the update in the night.

Here's what you need to know:
- In the iseries there is a buffer that in case of failure, restores the printer with the previous update.
- In 8 series in case of failure (printer shutdown or other), there may be problems.

How does it work? You send the update and the printer downloads it. The customer display will show "remote connection, do not turn off the printer". It will proceed with the reboot upon completion.

The annoying thing is that you must then proceed with the dipswitch. Therefore a remote connection with WWRSPF is highly recommended and then proceed with this change if the update is completed.

tsbservice
11-12-2020, 12:49 PM
Hi, I have never done this but I have used WWRSPF. But I believe the concept is the same.

My advice is to proceed with scheduled updates. You avoid starting them during the day. With the WWRSPF I schedule the update in the night.

Here's what you need to know:
- In the iseries there is a buffer that in case of failure, restores the printer with the previous update.
- In 8 series in case of failure (printer shutdown or other), there may be problems.

How does it work? You send the update and the printer downloads it. The customer display will show "remote connection, do not turn off the printer". It will proceed with the reboot upon completion.

The annoying thing is that you must then proceed with the dipswitch. Therefore a remote connection with WWRSPF is highly recommended and then proceed with this change if the update is completed.
Bix thanks my friend.
Unfortunately No way for us to use WWRSPF/CSRC. Therefore I ask here for possible alternatives.

occus
11-12-2020, 01:07 PM
I have updatet once for a test with ftp. You store the adress in the bizhub and in your webspace you can change the files to the newer one.
After you can update manual in customer enviroment without usb stick. But it tooks more time to update... thats the reason why i'v never changed.

Custom Search