PDA

View Full Version : KM-454e paper left on glass error

Custom Search

patrickjlc
11-12-2020, 10:59 AM
I have been swapping on my job from Kyocera to minolta 454e, 554e, 364, etc and on some random machines i get the paper left on glass message.
Sometimes it would only let customers use the ADF and sometimes it would appear when trying to use the feeder and therefore could only use the glass.
Any ideas how to prevent it from happening or is it normal due to the machine being that sensitive. took dissasembling every sensor and cleaning them to remove the error.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

allan
11-12-2020, 02:17 PM
Have a look here.

A4 recognition from glass bizhub c284e (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/151744-a4-recognition-glass-bizhub-c284e.html)

Check if its permanently detecting A3?

If the angle sensor or reed switch with the magnet is not working then this can happen.

bsm2
11-12-2020, 02:28 PM
Customer must also lift lid of adf enough to trigger sensor

patrickjlc
11-12-2020, 03:07 PM
Thank you very much.

copier tech
11-12-2020, 04:23 PM
I have been swapping on my job from Kyocera to minolta 454e, 554e, 364, etc and on some random machines i get the paper left on glass message.
Sometimes it would only let customers use the ADF and sometimes it would appear when trying to use the feeder and therefore could only use the glass.
Any ideas how to prevent it from happening or is it normal due to the machine being that sensitive. took dissasembling every sensor and cleaning them to remove the error.

​I caused this issue once after a PM, when I cleaned the machine etc I made the glass smeary this was the cause!

After taking the glass off & cleaning with glass cleaner the issue never came back.

tech51
11-12-2020, 07:16 PM
I’ve had a few customers cleaning the glass with disinfectant wipes recently because of coronavirus.

This makes the glass smeary and causes this fault.

Also make sure the white sheet under the df is clean as this can trigger the sensor if it gets dirty.

patrickjlc
11-12-2020, 07:41 PM
I did, using the window cleaner on foam and lint free blue paper towels ( like what its used for window tint prep) worked for a day. Today it happened again, but just a few times.
I did the sensor 1and 2 switch on tech mode, system 1, paper detection area and so far is working.
Thanks for all the help, I'll bring another machine to this location and let the customer call their IT guy.

What is funny is the area 2 mode would show the platen as A3 and work fine, but then using the ADF would show original left on glass message.

Gift
11-13-2020, 08:48 AM
Customer must also lift lid of adf enough to trigger sensor

Yeah that's a common cause if you are on site and can't recreate the issue. DF should be openend at least 45 degrees - same goes for original size detection issues.

Custom Search