PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub 225i Abnormal noise when copy/scan (Outer Erase Check Fails).

Custom Search

satisfactionbg
11-17-2020, 07:56 AM
Hi guys.
We already have several of these machines in the field, but some of them failed to pass the Outer Erase Check. The produced copy has a background.
I tried darkening the room, Holding the ADF down in place while copying, but no result. Well, to be fair the Outer Erase Check passed in a pitch-black room, but who can work like that :D.
Any ideas on how to get rid of the background? It seems like this is not the greatest ADF ever made.

PS> It does it when operating both from ADF and Glass.

Bix
11-17-2020, 08:15 AM
Have you tried to update the firmware?

satisfactionbg
11-17-2020, 08:30 AM
Not really. I see there is newer firmware
G01-05 which says it is solving the issue with the loud ADF, but I'll give it a go. Thank you.

Bix
11-17-2020, 10:59 AM
There are also problems with SMB. Updating is recommended

johnnydr
07-01-2021, 10:13 AM
Not really. I see there is newer firmware
G01-05
which says it is solving the issue with the loud ADF, but I'll give it a go. Thank you.

Hi,

Did you solved this problem whit firmware update ??

I have exacatly same problem, whit five new Bh 225i machine ... all of them have background copy problem.

Synthohol
07-01-2021, 02:42 PM
Hi guys.
Well, to be fair the Outer Erase Check passed in a pitch-black room, but who can work like that :D.
everyone!
when we setup machines in the warehouse we always have to dim the lights for the non image erase check.
its not like it has to happen all the time.

johnnydr
07-01-2021, 05:55 PM
As I said, I've setup five new 225i, all of them pass perfectly non image erase check. But all of them had this background copy problem, only when I made copy thru ADF ( DF 633 ). When I copy on glass, everything is fine.

I'm going to do a firmware upgrade but I think that the problem is gonig to remain. We'll see :) :)

We sell aprox one hundred Bizhub 215 & Bizhub 226 and no problem at all, but this Bizhub 225i series going to insane me.

Synthohol
07-01-2021, 11:08 PM
how is the ground at the outlet?
i can sadly only offer general advice as that model is not available here across the great pond.

johnnydr
07-02-2021, 05:50 AM
The ground at the putlet is good, I've tested that.
In fact, I've move one copier to the other location and the problem is the same.

As I said, I will try whit a firmware upgrade but my hope on that is minimal :)

We will see, I'll write the solution here if I find it.

Best regards from Croatia !!

REGSIS
07-03-2021, 05:46 AM
As I said, I've setup five new 225i, all of them pass perfectly non image erase check.

All 5 levels showed OK result?
What have you done to achive that?

I've set up dozens of these and usually left it with Level 1,2,3 OK and level 4,5 NG.

On the last one it was too bright and all levels were NG.
I had to take drastic measures and use ADF box to cover the machine with it to block the light completly.
All 5 levels showed OK result.

Never had problems with the background.

johnnydr
07-03-2021, 08:06 AM
Yep, all 5 show OK.
I go to my "dark room" to do Non Erase Check for this model :cool: it must be more dark then bright room for this model.

Anyway, I did the firmware update but no result.

But I found solution ... this background problem is manifest when you do copy on "Text" mode ... when you switch to "Text/Photo" mode evreything is fine

So I setup all device to "Text/Photo" mode ( Utillity / Copy settings 1 / Quality Priority set to Text Photo ) and there is no background copy problem. Better this then nothing ... but still I don't like this 225i series :D :D

The Bizhub 215 is the best model in this class for me, no problem at all for years since we sell them.

fntsy
10-04-2022, 03:16 PM
Hi, we have installed about 50 machines on the field and found an easy solution for the background problem
Go to Utility - Machine Setting - [DENSITY(ADF)] and set it to Mode2

Custom Search