PDA

View Full Version : Presence lag on New Series 8

Custom Search

Bix
11-18-2020, 08:08 PM
hi I have currently encountered this problem on two new printers that come from the factory with G00-X4 firmware.

After setup and a few minutes, the display is no longer responsive. Some parts of the display appear as though the touch is faulty. Even after switching off and on again. This happened to me a few months ago on a Bizhub 227 and now on a bizhub 308e.
In the bizhub 227 printer I tried a firmware update without success. I solved it by clearing all data. After the reset, the operator panel started working perfectly. I haven't tried it on 308e yet but the problem will probably be the same.
This does not happen on all printers but only on some new ones with G00-X4 factory firmware. Let me know if anyone has had the same experience as me.

femaster
11-19-2020, 12:33 AM
Have you tried the touch panel calibration? I'm not sure if method (a) below applies to the 8-series machines or not, but I know the method (b) works. Probably wouldn't hurt to try both...

(1) Touch panel calibration
• After replacing the control panel unit, you must perform the touch panel calibration.
Perform one of the calibration procedures described below.
(a) Panel Calibration by using USB memory
1. Connect the USB memory containing the MFP firmware data to the service port.
2. While pressing the ‘Reset’ key, turn the main power switch ON.
3. As the calibration screen appears, press the Start key, perform calibration and wait for a while.
4. Confirm that the completion message. Touch [Close].
5. Turn OFF the main power switch, and remove the USB memory.
NOTE
• Once the panel calibration has been completed, panel screen transit to the firmware writing mode and start to update
automatically after 30 seconds.
(b) Panel Calibration by manual operation
1. Press [Menu] -> [Counter] -> [Display Keypad].
2. Press Stop -> Clear -> 1 -> 1 -> 6 -> 6 -> Start key, then calibration starts.
3. After 30 seconds, turn OFF the main power switch.

Custom Search