PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous MS 710dn Legacy firmware ??

Custom Search

sandmanmac
11-18-2020, 09:12 PM
I don't think I've visited the Lexmark forum in the past, I pretty much deal exclusively with Ricoh.... so HELLO all! :o.

So, I've created an issue for myself here.....I was given a very low use MS710 printer from one of my clients the other day, along with 2 new compatible cartridges. I decided (foolishly) to download and install the latest F/W (March 2020), and it rendered the printer unusable due to "unsupported toner cartridge" (or similar) - which I'm sure will come as no surprise to many of you. :p
Apparently it isn't all that uncommon for it to happen even with the Oem cartridges installed when F/W is updated (way to go Lexmark!).
Anyway, I found a few sites with links to older versions of firmware but they were all dead ends.
Can anyone help me out with a link to an older version in order to roll it back? I probably need it to be at least 3 years just to be safe, because I know the cartridges I have are roughly that old.
Or (and I doubt this is possible) can the printer be reset back to factory and therefore the F/W it came with?

Any help/ advice is much appreciated.

Cheers!

sandmanmac
01-01-2021, 07:14 PM
Well, It seems that a source for Older F/W is more difficult to get then I thought....but just to update and close out this thread, I did manage to secure a few toner chips from a supplier some time ago, that confirmed they were compatible with the latest F/W. Once installed on the cartridges my printer has been revived. :p

Happy New Year to ALL!

tsbservice
01-01-2021, 07:27 PM
Enjoy to read and thanks for following up Brother!
Happy New Year :)

BillyCarpenter
01-01-2021, 08:07 PM
A few years ago I supplied toner carts for a school district and they had about 200 Dell 2335dn printers. They are rebranded Lexmark. When the firmware was updated, the carts would no longer work. I called Static Control, the company that made the chips, and they told me they were working on a solution. They told me that Lexmark used military-level encryption on their chips and it was difficult for them to read the chip and make a compatible. About a year later they were finally able to do it. That's been several years ago, I don't know where it stands today.

nanohitmen
01-04-2021, 10:15 PM
Well, It seems that a source for Older F/W is more difficult to get then I thought....but just to update and close out this thread, I did manage to secure a few toner chips from a supplier some time ago, that confirmed they were compatible with the latest F/W. Once installed on the cartridges my printer has been revived. :p

Happy New Year to ALL!

Mind messaging me the supplier for the chips?

sandmanmac
01-04-2021, 10:28 PM
Mind messaging me the supplier for the chips?

This was a company that just did me a solid.
They don't specifically sell cartridge parts/chips. They sell Genuine, and aftermarket parts and supplies and they also remanufacture cartridges, and my Rep did me a nice favour, and sold me 3 chips.

As stated by Billy, I'm sure that Static Control's are current by now as well.
I used to have an account years ago, but not anymore, and I think you have to buy 10 minimum. At $25+/- each, that's more than I wanted to spend, when I 'd never have a use for 7 of them.
Ink jet & laser toner cartridge supplier | Static Control (https://www.scc-inc.com/)

Custom Search