PDA

View Full Version : xm1246 fax issue

Custom Search

dalewb74
11-19-2020, 07:03 PM
on this copier when the fax confirmation report prints. it doesn't print the image of the first page that was sent. though it does print all the other info at the top: date, time, fax number, status, and etc.. i know some of the older lexmarks there was a checkbox to check that would include the image of the first page of the fax. this model doesn't have said checkbox. i have updated the firmware, and formatted fax storage, per lexmark. i have also used the embedded web server to look at the settings. i have a second copier that works fine, exact same model on the same network. compared the fax settings of both, which is identical. has anyone else seen this issue before? i am an authorized lexmark tech.... i have called lexmark 4 times. 3 times each person i spoke with didn't understand what i was saying. since the call center is in the Philippines it's the language barrier. the 4th person suggested the format fax storage, that didn't fix it. thanks for any suggestions.

arnh79
11-19-2020, 09:47 PM
I've been struggling with the same issue! I was told there is no option to print image on a confirmation report, but it's interesting that you say you have the same model and it does print an image. I've had the exact same frustrations with calling Lexmark. It took me forever to explain what a confirmation report was, let alone try and describe what I want to see happening. I hope someone can give you (and me!) a solution.

dalewb74
11-19-2020, 10:01 PM
I've been struggling with the same issue! I was told there is no option to print image on a confirmation report, but it's interesting that you say you have the same model and it does print an image. I've had the exact same frustrations with calling Lexmark. It took me forever to explain what a confirmation report was, let alone try and describe what I want to see happening. I hope someone can give you (and me!) a solution.
i will update post if i ever get a fix for it. i suspect it will be like another issue i had before. lexmark had no idea of the issue and had to build a special firmware for that issue specifically. that took 3 weeks for them to develop a fix.

dalewb74
11-25-2020, 09:07 PM
update on the fix. it was sending a blank cover page. so that is why when it printed the confirmation sheet it didn't show the first page of fax sent. actually it did, just the cover page and not the other page/pages in the fax.

arnh79
11-25-2020, 09:18 PM
update on the fix. it was sending a blank cover page. so that is why when it printed the confirmation sheet it didn't show the first page of fax sent. actually it did, just the cover page and not the other page/pages in the fax.
Do you mean they had the cover page option enabled on the Lexmark, or they were physically sending a blank sheet as the first page?

dalewb74
11-25-2020, 09:29 PM
the option was enabled. so the lexmark was sending a cover page by default.

Custom Search