PDA

View Full Version : c284 firmware woes

Custom Search

copiertec
11-20-2020, 12:33 AM
I'm sure you Konica techs are tired of this series being posted concerning firmware, so please, bear with me as I am not adept on these boxes concerning firmware. We had a c284 with firmware ver. GD1-A9, I was under the impression that this was old firmware, so I installed G00-72 ( I should of just left it alone I know better!) Now the client can't scan to email with any encryption (ssl, tls) and it wiped out the account codes on top of it.
What did I do wrong? What can I do to fix it? Any help would be grateful.

Synthohol
11-20-2020, 12:41 AM
there was special firmware (A9) that made the "non e" model do the same as the "e models"
yeah that was a mistake.
never touch firmware on a konica unless you are addressing an issue. if it aint broke, dont fix it.
i know it was an honest mistake but kind of a rookie move :).

copiertec
11-20-2020, 01:15 AM
there was special firmware (A9) that made the "non e" model do the same as the "e models"
yeah that was a mistake.
never touch firmware on a konica unless you are addressing an issue. if it aint broke, dont fix it.
i know it was an honest mistake but kind of a rookie move :).

I'm with you, synthohol, it's not my first rodeo and thought the same thing before updating it. I kicked myself mentally for doing it because my instinct told me to leave it alone. Any suggestions to fix what I FUBARED?

copiertec
11-20-2020, 02:21 AM
Is it possible to downgrade the firmware back to GD1-A9 at this point? Or is that too old of a firmware?

Synthohol
11-20-2020, 03:09 AM
not so much as a downgrade but it tricks the machine into the capability and security level of the e series.
i tried to DL it but 2 browsers loop back to the main page when i select one stop support.
i think the site is under maintenance.

copiertec
11-20-2020, 03:24 AM
I appreciate your help, Synthol. Keep me posted on any solutions you may have, uhhgg.

Max
11-20-2020, 02:39 PM
Just delete current certificate and install a new one self signed. Make sure all types of encryptions are ticked under security tab. If needs be drop to normal firmware instead of special. Check machine and type are correct too when installing firmware.

EarthKmTech
11-23-2020, 12:37 PM
Just a tip:

any old 4 series running the special version up firmware should have a sticker or some such advising of the special firmware installed on the machine near the service port so such mistakes dont happen.

There is much newer than that version up fw you were running anyway and the usual suspects that sell firmware on here could probably help you out :cool:

copiertec
11-23-2020, 12:50 PM
Just delete current certificate and install a new one self signed. Make sure all types of encryptions are ticked under security tab. If needs be drop to normal firmware instead of special. Check machine and type are correct too when installing firmware.

We tried deleting the certificates and installing new ones, no go. What we may do at this point, is replace this mfp with A) a newer machine B) replace it with an e series and be done.

tsbservice
11-23-2020, 01:55 PM
There is specific procedure (see attached) to make them an e-series. You will need GB0-A9 and GBF-M0 firmwares, I feel a bit guilty as I may mislead you...unfortunately I don't have access to them.

copier tech
11-23-2020, 03:41 PM
I'm sure you Konica techs are tired of this series being posted concerning firmware, so please, bear with me as I am not adept on these boxes concerning firmware. We had a c284 with firmware ver. GD1-A9, I was under the impression that this was old firmware, so I installed G00-72 ( I should of just left it alone I know better!) Now the client can't scan to email with any encryption (ssl, tls) and it wiped out the account codes on top of it.
What did I do wrong? What can I do to fix it? Any help would be grateful.

I did exactly this at a real estate agents!

It was an easy fix, simple re-install the 'version up firmware'

copiertec
11-23-2020, 08:35 PM
There is specific procedure (see attached) to make them an e-series. You will need GB0-A9 and GBF-M0 firmwares, I feel a bit guilty as I may mislead you...unfortunately I don't have access to them.

No worries, tbs, things happen. I honestly knew better as I was on the fence about this series and everything was fine with it, I shit the bed when I seen it come back up with no account codes, then no one could scan to the email as it wiped out all the email setup. We replaced it with a loaner until we come up with a solution, either we get the above mentioned firmware from a kind soul here on CTN, or we upgrade them into a newer mfp.

copiertec
11-23-2020, 08:36 PM
I did exactly this at a real estate agents!

It was an easy fix, simple re-install the 'version up firmware'

Ditto, however we do not have the version up firmware.

copier tech
11-23-2020, 08:42 PM
Ditto, however we do not have the version up firmware.

Here ya go I feel your pain bro!

https://mega.nz/file/9J8yUJZJ#go9zJ03Ki5sdaVhUrPBgElgYouM0P0Wi61iYQa_DN a8

copiertec
11-23-2020, 08:56 PM

Thank you, copier tech, much appreciated!

Synthohol
11-23-2020, 10:33 PM

im grabbing a copy as well if you dont mind to fortify my extensive library.

Synthohol
11-24-2020, 04:36 AM
is the link dead?
it stopped at 90%

tsbservice
11-24-2020, 06:24 AM
is the link dead?
it stopped at 90%
Synthohol it's not dead. Try again.

Synthohol
11-24-2020, 12:07 PM
it says "

Too many connections for this download"

copier tech
11-24-2020, 04:43 PM
it says "

It was very popular I see.

Had to delete it now.

copiertec
11-24-2020, 09:44 PM
it says "

If you still need a copy send me a PM, Synthohol. Thanks again to Copier Tech.

Custom Search