PDA

View Full Version : C5100Pro

Custom Search

leonardcahill
11-20-2020, 02:23 PM
Can anyone tell me what caused all the little bumps on my transfer belt. We just changed the belt cleaning unit and this happened. 47370 It's hard to see with the relection but it looks like the bumps were formed from underneath . Help appreciated before I spend $ on new belt and new cleaning unit.

Thanks

tsbservice
11-20-2020, 02:40 PM
Looks like charge rollers inside belt are contaminated with toner clumps. Happens more often when belt/machine maintenance are overdue or/and compatible toners are used. Generally it's time for new image transfer belt unit now but Ricoh aren't exactly in my field expertise so more experienced guys can help better.

mga
11-20-2020, 07:18 PM
Can anyone tell me what caused all the little bumps on my transfer belt. We just changed the belt cleaning unit and this happened. 47370 It's hard to see with the relection but it looks like the bumps were formed from underneath . Help appreciated before I spend $ on new belt and new cleaning unit.

Thanks

Looks like the new belt wasn't installed correctly ie cleaning the unit before the belt was installed best to get ricoh credited service engineer to do

Phil B.
11-20-2020, 07:21 PM

Thanks

why isn't this in the ricoh copier forum?

copier tech
11-21-2020, 12:08 AM
Looks like charge rollers inside belt are contaminated with toner clumps. Happens more often when belt/machine maintenance are overdue or/and compatible toners are used. Generally it's time for new image transfer belt unit now but Ricoh aren't exactly in my field expertise so more experienced guys can help better.

This is the key here with a Pro machine, replace ALL parts once they hit PM life or you will run into these kinds of issues.

Custom Search