PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 368 (non E) SMB error 16714711

Custom Search

richmods
11-23-2020, 10:07 PM
I have a Bizhub 368 installed in a Law office with 1 user. SMB scanning stopped working out of the blue and gives an error code of 16714711, so I went in and checked that the ethernet adapter was not set to public and that none of the SMB features had been turned of in windows features. All checked out ok. Checked for antivirus programs and temporarily disabled--no change. I tried using a static IP instead of the hostname--same error. I tried deleting everything (shared folder and user acct) and started over--same error. At this point I setup my laptop as a test and it worked fine so I know its a PC isssue but was wondering if anyone else has ever run into this and were you able to resolve it? I believe the issue is in win registry but not sure where. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, If anyone has the movie data for this machine I would be willing to trade or buy.

Thanks

edit: the machine is set to NTLM V1/V2

Phil B.
11-23-2020, 10:09 PM
I have a Bizhub 368 installed in a Law office with 1 user. SMB scanning stopped working out of the blue and gives an error code of 16714711, so I went in and checked that the ethernet adapter was not set to public and that none of the SMB features had been turned of in windows features. All checked out ok. Checked for antivirus programs and temporarily disabled--no change. I tried using a static IP instead of the hostname--same error. I tried deleting everything (shared folder and user acct) and started over--same error. At this point I setup my laptop as a test and it worked fine so I know its a PC isssue but was wondering if anyone else has ever run into this and were you able to resolve it? I believe the issue is in win registry but not sure where. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, If anyone has the movie data for this machine I would be willing to trade or buy.

Thanks

what version of SMB is setup for the unit?

what OS are the PC's running?

what OS is on your laptop?

so many questions so little information given.

richmods
11-23-2020, 10:15 PM
what version of SMB is setup for the unit?

what OS are the PC's running?

what OS is on your laptop?

so many questions so little information given.

I've setup 100s of these and if you read my post I have already covered the basics and them some.

WIN10
SMB 1.0 and on1y 1 user

Synthohol
11-23-2020, 10:28 PM
smb 1.0 is dead. especially with win10 and the slew of scanner killing windows updates.
you would have better luck with FTP.
i want to help however i can, relying on smb 1.0 is beating a dead horse especially if the OS is "home" ed.

BillyCarpenter
11-23-2020, 10:32 PM
smb 1.0 is dead. especially with win10 and the slew of scanner killing windows updates.
you would have better luck with FTP.
i want to help however i can, relying on smb 1.0 is beating a dead horse especially if the OS is "home" ed.

Yep.

How to detect, enable and disable SMBv1, SMBv2, and SMBv3 in Windows

See link for instructions:

​How to detect, enable and disable SMBv1, SMBv2, and SMBv3 in Windows | Microsoft Docs (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/file-server/troubleshoot/detect-enable-and-disable-smbv1-v2-v3)

BillyCarpenter
11-23-2020, 10:37 PM
I've setup 100s of these and if you read my post I have already covered the basics and them some.

WIN10
SMB 1.0 and on1y 1 user

I didn't see where you listed the operating system nor the SMB version.

Phil B.
11-23-2020, 10:42 PM

WIN10
SMB 1.0 and on1y 1 user

I did read your post.. you left out what version of SMB what OS you were running on the PC and your lapper.

WIN10 disables SMBv1 soooo..... No you didn't cover everything in the OP THAT's WHY I ASKED.

and it sounds like you were starting to get snippy in your reply.

I saw information I needed to help WASN'T given so I asked.

sorry if you got your feathers ruffled. You won't have to worry about me trying to lend a hand to you anymore...

Hava great life.

Phil B.
11-23-2020, 10:49 PM
I didn't see where you listed the operating system nor the SMB version.

Billy,

Thanks for the confirmation. I read it a few times that's why I questioned SMB and OS ... basics of SMB shit.

you know an old stuffed brain sometimes has to review things several times before typing. :cool:

BillyCarpenter
11-23-2020, 10:51 PM
Billy,

Thanks for the confirmation. I read it a few times that's why I questioned SMB and OS ... basics of SMB shit.

you know an old stuffed brain sometimes has to review things several times before typing. :cool:

I read it several times myself before making that post....just to be sure. He says he's done thousands but doesn't know that SMB 1 has been disabled in Windows 10? Okay....

Phil B.
11-23-2020, 10:59 PM
I read it several times myself before making that post....just to be sure. He says he's done thousands but doesn't know that SMB 1 has been disabled in Windows 10? Okay....

;):D:cool:

richmods
11-23-2020, 11:21 PM
I did read your post.. you left out what version of SMB what OS you were running on the PC and your lapper.

WIN10 disables SMBv1 soooo..... No you didn't cover everything in the OP THAT's WHY I ASKED.

and it sounds like you were starting to get snippy in your reply.

I saw information I needed to help WASN'T given so I asked.

sorry if you got your feathers ruffled. You won't have to worry about me trying to lend a hand to you anymore...

Hava great life.

I see you still don't have anything to add...

Phil B.
11-23-2020, 11:26 PM
I see you still don't have anything to add...

just these few things:

don't say you gave that information to us Wrong you didn't

getting snippy with a senior tech will NOT get you respect/help from that tech again or even others.

and has earned you a CARD ...

done with you.

n25an
11-23-2020, 11:28 PM

Thanks

edit: the machine is set to NTLM V1/V2

Did you verify that the user login and password did not change... for access to smb folder on the destination computer
did you verify that the user login is admin...
Did you verify that the hostname of the computer did not change...
Did you check for IP conflict... by turning off the computer and pinging to it... any response conflict...
Did you check for ip conflict... by turing off the copier and pinging to it... any response conflict
did you try giving your computer the ip address of the copier and related settings that copier have... turning off the copier... and then tried moving files from your laptop to the destination pc to see if that works... might give some insights...
Did you check if the hard drive is full on the destination pc.. that can stop scanning...

Is the admin login used for scanning the default admin login for a server... if so it has a limited amount of concurrent connections it can maintain at a time... so if it has over a certain limit then it stops taking requests until it kills one of those connections or it times out... this is a setting that can be set at creation of the account... its a security feature that sometimes causes trouble for scanning... because scanning to folder can trigger this feature if its enabled in the account... fix is to create an admin account with the limited login feature disabled... rarely seen this one...

***did you try enabling smb in additional features...
did you turn off firewall on destination pc and test...
some antivirus also kill scanning so turn off and test...
***did you check if the destination pc network setting was public if so that will stop scanning sometimes windows will turn it from private to public...
*** did you check if the computer has pending windows updates... that can also stop scanning...
*** (triple asterisk mark those are the things that have most often killed scanning for me)

richmods
11-23-2020, 11:29 PM
Yep.

How to detect, enable and disable SMBv1, SMBv2, and SMBv3 in Windows

See link for instructions:

​How to detect, enable and disable SMBv1, SMBv2, and SMBv3 in Windows | Microsoft Docs (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/file-server/troubleshoot/detect-enable-and-disable-smbv1-v2-v3)

thanks for the link. I have win10 and smb 1.0 working at 500+ customers. The updates that are killing the scanning must be recent because this is the first time I have not been able to resolve an SMB issue.

BillyCarpenter
11-23-2020, 11:34 PM
Did you verify that the user login and password did not change... for access to smb folder on the destination computer
did you verify that the user login is admin...
Did you verify that the hostname of the computer did not change...
Did you check for IP conflict... by turning off the computer and pinging to it... any response conflict...
Did you check for ip conflict... by turing off the copier and pinging to it... any response conflict
did you try giving your computer the ip address of the copier and related settings that copier have... turning off the copier... and then tried moving files from your laptop to the destination pc to see if that works... might give some insights...
Did you check if the hard drive is full on the destination pc.. that can stop scanning...

Is the admin login used for scanning the default admin login for a server... if so it has a limited amount of concurrent connections it can maintain at a time... so if it has over a certain limit then it stops taking requests until it kills one of those connections or it times out... this is a setting that can be set at creation of the account... its a security feature that sometimes causes trouble for scanning... because scanning to folder can trigger this feature if its enabled in the account... fix is to create an admin account with the limited login feature disabled... rarely seen this one...

***did you try enabling smb in additional features...
did you turn off firewall on destination pc and test...
some antivirus also kill scanning so turn off and test...
***did you check if the destination pc network setting was public if so that will stop scanning sometimes windows will turn it from private to public...
*** did you check if the computer has pending windows updates... that can also stop scanning...
*** (triple asterisk mark those are the things that have most often killed scanning for me)

That's a pretty good checklist. I just saved it in my database. Thanks.

rrrohan
11-24-2020, 02:41 AM
thats a weird error code

normally it would be "server connection error" or similar

this is the error list out of user manual but it doesnt list that code
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah_79nptMOdwgYU9JXlCOe5eSYz0GQ?e=OQZabv (download then open in a browser otherwise youll just see the source code)

n25an
11-25-2020, 05:18 PM
a couple of ideas I forgot to include...

are there any big programs that are hogging resources... quickbooks... graphics software... games... anything like that... if so that could cause issues...

also is it an old desktop... is there dust in the case... if the case is full of dust... this can also cause performance issues as the computer overheats... performance suffers...

is memory on the computer good... is ram working ok... etc...

also some of the newer hard drives... might have capacity but they slow down when doing file transfers...

also a lot of times when windows updates it turns on settings that you turned off... its also good to check if any windows updates past or present have issues with smb and need to be rolled back...

sometimes you will find that the most unlikely things block smb scanning because they affect the computer performance...

its also a good idea to ask the customer what they are doing when these issue occurs... if they are surfing the net or watching netflix or playing games online... or doing a conference call on the same pc that does smb scanning... depending on the program and the power of the pc that can also cause performance issues...

some customers like to have everything open on the computer when scanning and the computer simply can't handle it so something gives...

in short...

so if its not the copier...
its not the pc maintenance
its not programs on the pc...
its not pc hardware...
it could be customer computer routine...

a good test if you can do it... is to have the copier scan to two destinations... the desired pc and another pc with no issues... just make the normal scan a group scan and then see if all works out... verify with customer this is ok... let them know its for testing purposes...
then you can always trace back in the logs when the scanning failed to the customers computer... and you can see if its the computer or the copier...if it fails to send to two places... its the copier/network... if it fails to send to one that being customer computer... its the customers computer...

just throwing out some ideas...

copier addict
11-25-2020, 05:30 PM
I have had some luck fixing SMB scanning issues by, with the customer's approval of course, creating a new user with admin privileges on the computer. The new user account needs a password. Then use the new user credentials to setup your SMB one touch. This doesn't always work, but a lot of the time it does.

BillyCarpenter
11-25-2020, 05:31 PM
I have had some luck fixing SMB scanning issues by, with the customer's approval of course, creating a new user with admin privileges on the computer. The new user account needs a password. Then use the new user credentials to setup your SMB one touch. This doesn't always work, but a lot of the time it does.

I try to do the same because customers are always changing their passwords. Some customers look at me sideways when I ask them if I can create a new user on their computer.

copier addict
11-25-2020, 05:36 PM
I try to do the same because customers are always changing their passwords. Some customers look at me sideways when I ask them if I can create a new user on their computer.

I find that once you convince them they won't have to monitor the new account they are okay with it. :cool:

BillyCarpenter
11-25-2020, 05:37 PM
I find that once you convince them they won't have to monitor the new account they are okay with it. :cool:

I always name the new user KYOCERA (as opposed to BOB) and tell them that the copier needs to log on to their computer in order to scan and the copier is the only one with the password. That seems to comfort them. :p

CP-1015
11-26-2020, 09:15 AM

Custom Search