PDA

View Full Version : 8 series web browser

Custom Search

xagerated
11-24-2020, 06:49 AM
Hey guys, maybe someone has run across this before. I am in the middle of installing PaperCut on a few 8 series machines (c368, c458, etc) and I'm running into a speed bump in one of them. The web browser is failing to enable, it needs a license code. When I try to generate one in Konica's LMS it tells me that the option has been requested to be deactivated. I've done a lot of machines already and this is the first one that I am seeing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Bix
11-24-2020, 08:02 AM
Hi, you are probably setting up printers without being connected to an internet network. To enable the browser without accessing the LMS, the printer must communicate with the outside of the internet

diedux
11-24-2020, 08:35 AM
Hi,
What LMS link do you use to activate Browser licence?

Maybe its a temporary LMS problem.

Link should be:
"https://lms.konicaminolta.com/activate"

BR.

xagerated
11-24-2020, 01:21 PM
Hi, you are probably setting up printers without being connected to an internet network. To enable the browser without accessing the LMS, the printer must communicate with the outside of the internet

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, the copier is connected and should be working fine, I have already done this to 50+ copiers in the fleet where I am working. I was saying that not even Konica Minolta's website is generating a license for it, it is telling me that there is a request for the option to be disabled or something like that (I forget the exact text, I can put it once I am at my desk).

xagerated
11-24-2020, 01:25 PM
Hi,
What LMS link do you use to activate Browser licence?

Maybe its a temporary LMS problem.

Link should be:
"https://lms.konicaminolta.com/activate"

BR.

I have done this for plenty of other machines so I am 99.9% sure I am using the right one. If anything I guess I can open a ticket with Konica

copyrooks
11-24-2020, 04:29 PM
I had a similar issue where I couldn't get bizhub marketplace to install kept getting cannot obtain obtain request code from mfp on a C659. I contacted Konica about the issue, they tried using a deactivation code and had me reset the copier. That didn't work. They said to perform initialization all. That worked. Hope this helps

xagerated
11-24-2020, 05:16 PM
I had a similar issue where I couldn't get bizhub marketplace to install kept getting cannot obtain obtain request code from mfp on a C659. I contacted Konica about the issue, they tried using a deactivation code and had me reset the copier. That didn't work. They said to perform initialization all. That worked. Hope this helps

Well, some good news, the powers that be decided not to install any software on this machine that requires a web browser so I'll leave it alone for now since all the other functions are fine. I am extremely curious if that would have worked though so I'll try that if anything changes in the future.

splblazer91
11-24-2020, 06:04 PM
Well, some good news, the powers that be decided not to install any software on this machine that requires a web browser so I'll leave it alone for now since all the other functions are fine. I am extremely curious if that would have worked though so I'll try that if anything changes in the future.

Ive seen where the Printer Serial # was input incorrectly in Service Mode and it wouldnt allow it to get a license. Also, if the mfpb was changed you sometimes have to get an initialization code from ssd and then it will work.

rrrohan
11-25-2020, 03:07 AM
Ive seen where the Printer Serial # was input incorrectly in Service Mode and it wouldnt allow it to get a license. Also, if the mfpb was changed you sometimes have to get an initialization code from ssd and then it will work.

some big customers have tight firewalls meaning you cant enable web browser the easy way

i always activate them at runup in workshop to avoid this

Custom Search