PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Fs537 staple issue

Custom Search

tech51
11-24-2020, 07:22 PM
Hi all.

I have an FS537 attached to a c659 with a staple problem.

The first set of stapled sheets is fine however any subsequent sets have the first sheet of the set offset a few mm from the second and following pages. Sometimes the offset is bad enough that it doesn’t even get stapled.
The unit has done over a million prints, the firmware is the latest. The eject unit and alignment plates have been replaced recently for this problem but has not fixed it.
Does any one have any suggestions or experience on this particular fault?
I look forward to any replies.

Firmaware
11-24-2020, 08:01 PM
I had a similar Issue. It was the paper that cone out from thevfusing unit wavy.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G980F mit Tapatalk

rrrohan
11-24-2020, 08:35 PM
Have you clean/replace the finisher paddles above the eject assy

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

tech51
11-25-2020, 06:47 AM
Have you clean/replace the finisher paddles above the eject assy

Yes forgot to mention those.
However as I said in my post the first set is ok, its the second set and on that has the problem.
The only difference is that the first set goes straight through the fns and directly into the stapler whereas the first sheet for the subsequent sets reverses and is held in a guide where it waits for the second sheet to arrive then they are both exited to the stapler area and the rest of the set goes on top.
I have a feeling that this is where the fault is but cant quite nail it down (yet).

rrrohan
11-25-2020, 06:59 AM
So the alignment plates aren't squaring off paper or the paper doesn't sit back far enough in finisher?

allan
11-25-2020, 03:20 PM
Worth dropping the fuser temp to test the theory. Had similar issues with finisher stacking.
If the paper is of a poor grade flip the ream upside down to see it that reduce paper curl.
In that case get better paper.

tech51
11-25-2020, 06:04 PM
Worth dropping the fuser temp to test the theory. Had similar issues with finisher stacking.
If the paper is of a poor grade flip the ream upside down to see it that reduce paper curl.
In that case get better paper.
Does it on a4 sef and lef and on a3 so I doubt it’s the paper. There is a 958 next to it with the same fns on and that doesn’t have the problem.
i have also swapped the finishers between the two machines and the fault stays with the finisher so it’s not a relay unit or main body issue.
I have various parts on order now and will report back if I fix it.

qbert69
11-26-2020, 07:52 AM
Does this finisher have a reverse roller that tamps the sheets into place for stapling??? Or is it the side guides not tamping the sheets into position???[emoji848] It's also possible that there's either a bad stepper motor that is skipping steps or a problematic driver board missing steps--failing driver chip. Many times if a stepper is not driven at the proper current for a particular load, it can also skip steps!!!...which would probably indicate a bad driver chip.[emoji57]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Firmaware
01-14-2021, 05:39 PM
I would hijacking the finischer door and looking inside during staple process to collect info

Gesendet von meinem SM-G980F mit Tapatalk

tech51
01-14-2021, 05:56 PM
Hi all.

I have an FS537 attached to a c659 with a staple problem.

The first set of stapled sheets is fine however any subsequent sets have the first sheet of the set offset a few mm from the second and following pages. Sometimes the offset is bad enough that it doesn’t even get stapled.
The unit has done over a million prints, the firmware is the latest. The eject unit and alignment plates have been replaced recently for this problem but has not fixed it.
Does any one have any suggestions or experience on this particular fault?
I look forward to any replies.

So I had a brilliant idea and took a slow motion video of the exit to see what was happening. It turned out that the brand new eject unit which had been fitted by a previous technician was faulty and was causing the first sheet out to drag and cause the misalignment.

I replaced the eject assembly again and it’s been working fine since then.

Cheers.....

tsbservice
01-14-2021, 06:16 PM
So I had a brilliant idea and took a slow motion video of the exit to see what was happening. It turned out that the brand new eject unit which had been fitted by a previous technician was faulty and was causing the first sheet out to drag and cause the misalignment.

I replaced the eject assembly again and it’s been working fine since then.

Cheers.....

Indeed tough one. Only few pro-masters can catch such sort of problems. Thanks for following up with solution.

Gift
02-21-2022, 10:20 AM
We just had a similar problem with badly aligned A3 paper in staple mode. It was basicly the first page that was "out of line".

We renewed the paddles, tried different paper, modified the paddles with longer ones - everything with no major success.
Finally we changed the angle of the paper exit tray with some washers between the 2 brackets on the tray assy and the machine and voila, problem was gone.

Custom Search