PDA

View Full Version : C450 Paper rollers(pu, sep & feed) life??

Custom Search

excanonguy
11-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Just wondering what you guys find to be a real life expectation as far as paper feed parts go on these machines(not what KM says they will last), what kind of volume are you getting from your machines and are you regularily changing any other paper feed parts?

Thanks Steve

redime
11-13-2008, 03:30 AM
Just wondering what you guys find to be a real life expectation as far as paper feed parts go on these machines(not what KM says they will last), what kind of volume are you getting from your machines and are you regularily changing any other paper feed parts?

Thanks Steve
450-800k depending on stock type and how often they are cleaned. Keeping the feed unit shafts and one ways clean is super important, these style feed units which are used every where on KM machines need to be kept clean and I would honestly recommend doing this service every 100k.

Once you have done a few of em, it doesnt take a long time - even second tray feed where you have to remove the bypass to get to it. A little tricky going in and out at times, but you will get the hang of it. If you are experiencing random no feeds or half feeds id put money its a dirty feed shaft/one way and not the tires 9,999 outta 10,000 times.

So long as the tire edges dont chip on the tires and start to peel youre good to go! Clean em up with any non-alcohol based product and roll out the door copy guy/gal!

excanonguy
11-13-2008, 04:17 PM
450-800k depending on stock type and how often they are cleaned. Keeping the feed unit shafts and one ways clean is super important, these style feed units which are used every where on KM machines need to be kept clean and I would honestly recommend doing this service every 100k.

Once you have done a few of em, it doesnt take a long time - even second tray feed where you have to remove the bypass to get to it. A little tricky going in and out at times, but you will get the hang of it. If you are experiencing random no feeds or half feeds id put money its a dirty feed shaft/one way and not the tires 9,999 outta 10,000 times.

So long as the tire edges dont chip on the tires and start to peel youre good to go! Clean em up with any non-alcohol based product and roll out the door copy guy/gal!

Thats exactly what I am seeing on a couple of different machines...so are you saying dont use alcohol on the rollers(tires) or the feed unit shafts and bearings? What have you found to be the best for cleaning them?

Steve

redime
11-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Thats exactly what I am seeing on a couple of different machines...so are you saying dont use alcohol on the rollers(tires) or the feed unit shafts and bearings? What have you found to be the best for cleaning them?

Steve
Never use alcohol on any rubber surface, you will dry it out and ruin it.

409 cleaner or simple green seems to work wonders on most areas - the shafts/one ways clean the surface quickly with alcohol to remove surface dirt, then hit it with about a dozen turns with a green scotch brite pad. As soon as you take the one way off you will see exactly where it sits on the shaft, use the scotch brite to remove the build up. A dozen turns should be enough with moderate pressure, if not -- might want to replace the shaft. But I have done this type of cleaning many times on the same machine, so if you are a million copies deep and finally have to replace a shaft, so be it - no ones going to cry about it :cool:

Custom Search