PDA

View Full Version : SMB Server on i series

Custom Search

rrrohan
11-26-2020, 05:50 AM
Am i misunderstanding the point in SMB server?

If I enable it and turn it on I can save a document from copier and access it via PC smb folder but If i put a PDF in the folder at PC it doesnt appear in userbox at the copier.

Was hoping to use it to quickly transfer userbox from old copier into new one

REGSIS
11-26-2020, 05:59 AM
I think that I tried that too, but it didn't work.
You can allways use option in printer driver preferences "save to user box" but that is time consuming if you have many documents.

rrrohan
11-26-2020, 06:15 AM
I think that I tried that too, but it didn't work.
You can allways use option in printer driver preferences "save to user box" but that is time consuming if you have many documents.

i guess could be handy for certain situations like scanning without setting up email on copier or SMB on PC just have the PC browse to the copier and download that way.

just surprising after all these years they still dont have a easy way to transfer userbox data

Bix
11-26-2020, 08:34 AM
Hi, these iSeries have very high security protocols. I wouldn't exclude some flags that block writing (so read only to extract files). This is to prevent some files from compromising the printer. Just a thought.

bsm2
11-26-2020, 08:40 AM
You can transfer the names only not the content

tsbservice
11-26-2020, 01:54 PM
You can setup box of machine to be used as scan folder. Then map this box(scan folder) as network drive. Useful when scan to email or SMB/FTP cannot be used or easy setup.

Custom Search