PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera M3540idn replace waste toner container message will not go away

Custom Search

adamcopiercali
11-30-2020, 09:05 PM
Installed a new replacement waste toner container but the message will not clear and machine will not go to a ready state. Any ideas?

Phil B.
11-30-2020, 09:07 PM
Installed a new replacement waste toner container but the message will not clear and machine will not go to a ready state. Any ideas?

does it have a counter to clear?

was it a BRAND new CLEAN waste?

adamcopiercali
11-30-2020, 09:15 PM
does it have a counter to clear?

was it a BRAND new CLEAN waste?

No counter that I see, yes brand new container from new toner box.

BillyCarpenter
11-30-2020, 09:17 PM

Not sure about this model but on a lot of TaskAlfa's there's a connector behind the little access door and if it's left unplugged it will show waste toner full. Also, if you empty a waste toner bottle and put it back in, a lot of times the message won't clear.

progoffice
11-30-2020, 10:01 PM
I think I remember reading something about this issue on here or hearing it from Kyocera. It said something about opening and closing either the front door or the back cover to clear this warning. I could be wrong, but it's worth a shot. Good luck!

tonerhead
11-30-2020, 10:06 PM
I am going by memory on this since I haven't worked for a kyo dealer for a year now. It is likely the photo interrupt that looks through the top of the waste container. If memory serves, I had customers empty the wtb and a dusty toner remained by neck blocking the sensor. In your case though it is a new wtb. It seems to me also that there was an issue with ambient light filtering through the door housing the wtb. If I recall we had one that would always show wtb full around noon when the sun peered through the window onto the copier. Try taking some copier paper and hold it to the door to block light just for a test. If I recall right, there was a door update to block ambient light.

copier tech
11-30-2020, 10:41 PM

The machine checks the neck of the toner bottle via LED to check if the waste toner is full. If the bottle neck is soiled with toner or the sensor/LED that looks through the neck is dusty the 'replace waste bottle' message wont clear.

Use an can of air etc to blow/clean in the are marked in this picture.

BillyCarpenter
11-30-2020, 10:45 PM
The machine checks the neck of the toner bottle via LED to check if the waste toner is full. If the bottle neck is soiled with toner or the sensor/LED that looks through the neck is dusty the 'replace waste bottle' message wont clear.

When compressed air doesn't work for me, I fill the bottle up with hot water and shake it and that usually works for me.

adamcopiercali
11-30-2020, 11:17 PM

I have tried two new waste toner containers, even cleaned the necks prior to install and no luck... Is the LED sensor easily accessible to clean it? Is it located in the body of the machine or near the side behind where the collection bottle sits?

tonerhead
12-01-2020, 02:51 AM
I have tried two new waste toner containers, even cleaned the necks prior to install and no luck... Is the LED sensor easily accessible to clean it? Is it located in the body of the machine or near the side behind where the collection bottle sits?

Look at the picture. You should be able to clean led with qtip. It's right there when you open door. The transmitter looks to receiver front to rear at top of bottle. By looking in with the picture it would be left to right at top of bottle. Go into diagnostics and check sensor state, block it and check again. Reseat connections etc. The new waste containers are oem correct?

Custom Search