PDA

View Full Version : Help for authentication configuration

Custom Search

Bix
12-01-2020, 12:22 PM
Hello friends,
I hope you can help me. I have a client with a Ricoh and they use the pin to access the printer. Also, it does not print until the pin is inserted into the printer. They also need to monitor print volumes for each user.

I on Konica Minolta (bizhub C368) could not find anything like this. I have activated account track and user box but to print they have to enter the pin twice (first for the account track and then for the user box). On ricoh you only need to enter the pin once.

I'm pretty sure even Konica Minolta can do it but I can't set it up.

So here are my requests:
- PIN access configuration.
- Prints only if I enter the PIN on the printer.
- Monitor the print volume.
- Avoid inserting the hold print pin multiple times.

Thanks in advance to those who will help me.

BillyCarpenter
12-01-2020, 12:31 PM
Hello friends,
I hope you can help me. I have a client with a Ricoh and they use the pin to access the printer. Also, it does not print until the pin is inserted into the printer. They also need to monitor print volumes for each user.

I on Konica Minolta (bizhub C368) could not find anything like this. I have activated account track and user box but to print they have to enter the pin twice (first for the account track and then for the user box). On ricoh you only need to enter the pin once.

I'm pretty sure even Konica Minolta can do it but I can't set it up.

So here are my requests:
- PIN access configuration.
- Prints only if I enter the PIN on the printer.
- Monitor the print volume.
- Avoid inserting the hold print pin multiple times.

Thanks in advance to those who will help me.

On most copiers all of that can be done under Job Accounting. I this is what you're looking for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGbaTXp_dP0

Bix
12-01-2020, 12:47 PM
Thanks, I already know this. In this case the printer sends the printout directly.
I would like to have this but not print directly. The customer must first enter the pin on the printer. This is to avoid the theft of documents when the user is not present.

BillyCarpenter
12-01-2020, 12:56 PM
Thanks, I already know this. In this case the printer sends the printout directly.
I would like to have this but not print directly. The customer must first enter the pin on the printer. This is to avoid the theft of documents when the user is not present.

You mean something like printing to a secure "job box" where the customer must walk up to the machine and enter a code to print it out? I know how to do this on a Kyocera but not Ricoh or KM. That info should be in the user manual.

Edit: I should have read your post more closely. You've got it figured out but they have to enter the pin code twice and you want to set it to where they only have to enter the pin code once. Sorry for not paying closer attention. Good luck.

tsbservice
12-01-2020, 01:27 PM
I would go one step further and sell them Ysoft card reader and few IC cards. This way you can setup UA and account track on bizhub plus activate ID&Print in driver. That would work exactly like SafeQ without SafeQ :cool:
All they need is to check their card on bizhub - for their jobs to be printed or to use machine other functions. You will have also statistics generating reports for Account Tracking & User Authentication - from the Web Connection.
Take care :)

BillyCarpenter
12-01-2020, 01:31 PM
I would go one step further and sell them Ysoft card reader and few IC cards. This way you can setup UA and account track on bizhub plus activate ID&Print in driver. That would work exactly like SafeQ without SafeQ :cool:
All they need is to check their card on bizhub - for their jobs to be printed or to use machine other functions. You will have also statistics generating reports for Account Tracking & User Authentication - from the Web Connection.
Take care :)

That's even better. No pins.

Bix
12-01-2020, 04:17 PM
Thanks, as always you are the best!
Unfortunately this is a customer who does not want to spend, this is already a used printer. it is a bit complicated to explain to him why this Konica Minolta fails to perform a function that exists on a Ricoh printer from 5-7 years ago.
I will try to investigate if perhaps some setting escapes me.

Bix
12-01-2020, 04:43 PM
Maybe there is a solution. If I don't set the password for the user box as well, that's one step less.
To tell the truth, I don't know if the Ricoh showed only the user's prints or all of them in the job list.
The goal here is to keep track of the counters for each user and not print as long as the user is in front of the printer. it is already something.

D_L_P
12-01-2020, 04:52 PM
Secure print is where you enter a PIN code at the copier to release the print job. I think it's called the same for both Ricoh and Konica.

The output method on the print driver has a drop-down menu to select it and enter the PIN.

BillyCarpenter
12-01-2020, 05:30 PM
Maybe there is a solution. If I don't set the password for the user box as well, that's one step less.
To tell the truth, I don't know if the Ricoh showed only the user's prints or all of them in the job list.
The goal here is to keep track of the counters for each user and not print as long as the user is in front of the printer. it is already something.

I thought about that. The only potential problem is that, I think, anyone can print from the unsecured document box.

tsbservice
12-01-2020, 05:44 PM
Secure print is where you enter a PIN code at the copier to release the print job. I think it's called the same for both Ricoh and Konica.

The output method on the print driver has a drop-down menu to select it and enter the PIN.

That may be something to try.
Bix if you use simple printing for secure print document and also If simple printing for secure print document is enabled, the computer login name is used as the document ID for Secure Print, so you can skip the entry of the document ID.
Use this link as reference:
Print (https://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C658-C558-C458-C368-C308-C258/EN/bizhub-c658-c558-c458-c368-c308-c258/contents/id01-_102789502.html?k=Secure%20print)

allan
12-01-2020, 06:51 PM
Enable ID&Print... As per tsbservice
Only works with user authentication not account track. But you can enable both.
Enable user name list to make things a bit easier.

Works a treat with a card reader.
The NFC works great if every body had a NFC capable phone.

Bix
12-01-2020, 09:49 PM
Thanks a lot! But with this you lose the monitoring of the counters per user right?

rrrohan
12-02-2020, 04:37 AM
UA can still count usage.

If you dont have a authentication device and expect user to type out username and password id suggest giving each user a nice short username like a double digit or something.

lots of guides on youtube for setting up UA and ID/Print

Bix
12-03-2020, 10:24 AM
Hi, in the end I have found a satisfactory solution:
1. Enable authentication. Administrator - Authentication.
2. I create profiles without entering a password. So just username. I thought it was mandatory to enter both but fortunately it is not. Administrator - User registration.
3. In Administrator - Authentication - Administrator Settings I set ON to ID & Print.
4. Block printing without authentication.

With this technique, the printer prints only if it logs into the display. The meter can be consulted from the administrator settings or printed on series 8/iSeries while on series 4 it is only possible to print the report.

wjurls
12-03-2020, 04:07 PM
Here at the school district I work for we will use account track for machine access/limits. For printing, office staff personnel are set up to print directly and teachers are set up for secure print. We don't use user authentication on any of our machines. Secure print is completely independent of authentication and/or account track and can be used on an "unlocked" machine. When account track or authentication is used, the password must also be entered into the driver.

allan
12-03-2020, 04:23 PM
Hi, in the end I have found a satisfactory solution:
1. Enable authentication. Administrator - Authentication.
2. I create profiles without entering a password. So just username. I thought it was mandatory to enter both but fortunately it is not. Administrator - User registration.
3. In Administrator - Authentication - Administrator Settings I set ON to ID & Print.
4. Block printing without authentication.

With this technique, the printer prints only if it logs into the display. The meter can be consulted from the administrator settings or printed on series 8/iSeries while on series 4 it is only possible to print the report.

Glad you got to know how to use this on the bizhub machine. Many of my customers love this function.

Custom Search