PDA

View Full Version : BH-363, "Failed To Start"

Custom Search

Hansoon
12-02-2020, 07:34 PM
BH-363, "Failed To Start"
Removed all options such as ADF, cassettes, fax board, hard drive and also the network cable. Reseated memory and NVRAM.

Machine boots up normally - Hourglass, KonicaMinolta Logo - and than the display shows up completely normal but after a few seconds the error "Failed To Start" is popping up in the display. See attachment. After turning off/on the main switch as suggested in the screen the problem repeats exactly the same every time. Updated firmware and I did a trouble reset with keeping the Utility Switch pressed and at the same time I switched the main switch on until dot appears in the screen. Than I confirmed with "OK"

Any ideas other than the main board please?

Hans

tsbservice
12-02-2020, 07:43 PM
Hans review this thread:
Bizhub 283 "failure to start" message (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/54845-bizhub-283-failure-start-message.html)
Some guys have luck with fax board 1 or 2 just removed but left on in service mode.

blackcat4866
12-02-2020, 10:44 PM
Are there any codes stored in service mode? =^..^=

Synthohol
12-02-2020, 11:03 PM
[.02]i would boot to a firmware stick, check the machine type then install the firmware and see how it boots normally.[/.02]

copyman
12-03-2020, 01:12 AM
I was one of the lucky guys tsb mentions. Both times I had it on Biz 223 it was the fax board. Even swapping fax board with a known good board didn't work. Told customer machine can't fax anymore because only way it works is without fax installed. Both times I saw it was within the last few years so machines were already quite old and good reason to upgrade.

KMFLT3CH
12-03-2020, 01:56 AM
I've come across this exact problem before. The fix for me was #2 below. I found this on our knowledgebase.

Problem
"Failed to start. Please power down the main switch." message.

Solution
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Possible FK-508 Fax Kit failure or the Fax Kit is not installed and the MFP is incorrectly configured.
Verify the presence of a Fax Kit. Ensure that, if there is no Fax Kit installed, the machine settings are correctly configured.
Service Mode > System 2 > Option Board Status > Fax (Circuit 1 or 2) > Unset.
If an installed Fax Kit has failed, please replace it as necessary (Item #A22M011). Reboot machine.

2. The machine is equipped with a Fax Kit and an Hard Disk Drive (HDD). The HDD is not enabled or properly formatted.
Enable the HDD (HD-516):
a. Enter the Service Mode and select System 2.
b. Select HDD and select "Installed".
c. Once the hard drive is enabled, access State Confirmation and select "Memory/HDD Adj."
d. Next, select HDD Format and perform the Logical Format.
e. Reboot the machine.

3. Bad connection between the FK-508 Fax Kit and the Overall Control Board (OACB).
Reseat the USB cable between the fax option and the OACB.

You said you unplugged the HDD and Fax Kit and are still getting the error? Make sure you "Unset" the Fax Kit and HDD in service mode as well. If that still doesn't work, format the SSD (yes, SSD) in service mode.

copyman
12-03-2020, 01:52 PM
I've come across this exact problem before. The fix for me was #2 below. I found this on our knowledgebase.

Problem
"Failed to start. Please power down the main switch." message.

Solution
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Possible FK-508 Fax Kit failure or the Fax Kit is not installed and the MFP is incorrectly configured.
Verify the presence of a Fax Kit. Ensure that, if there is no Fax Kit installed, the machine settings are correctly configured.
Service Mode > System 2 > Option Board Status > Fax (Circuit 1 or 2) > Unset.
If an installed Fax Kit has failed, please replace it as necessary (Item #A22M011). Reboot machine.

2. The machine is equipped with a Fax Kit and an Hard Disk Drive (HDD). The HDD is not enabled or properly formatted.
Enable the HDD (HD-516):
a. Enter the Service Mode and select System 2.
b. Select HDD and select "Installed".
c. Once the hard drive is enabled, access State Confirmation and select "Memory/HDD Adj."
d. Next, select HDD Format and perform the Logical Format.
e. Reboot the machine.

3. Bad connection between the FK-508 Fax Kit and the Overall Control Board (OACB).
Reseat the USB cable between the fax option and the OACB.

You said you unplugged the HDD and Fax Kit and are still getting the error? Make sure you "Unset" the Fax Kit and HDD in service mode as well. If that still doesn't work, format the SSD (yes, SSD) in service mode.

I have this bulletin and know a few techs who have told me they had to replace the HDD's but the two 223's I had it on didn't have the optional HDD installed. Most machines of that series didn't have the HDD installed.

Hansoon
12-26-2020, 12:05 PM
Well, after replacing the HD and disconnecting the fax kit it came up and worked fine. Than I reinstalled the fax kit and it looked good until after a few days the error came back. Discussed with the customer the issue and we decided the take the fax kit out since they where receiving faxes anyway digitally through their router. For sending that one or two faxes per month left they would use their C-280 which has also a fax kit. I convinced them that that faxing is a 80's technology completely dying out anyway.

Guys many thanks for all your help again in this case. Will give some back with another contribution to this great site in January 2021. :)

Hans

CP-1015
12-27-2020, 07:55 AM
If you'll need a fax kit for bh-363 , send me email.

Hansoon
12-27-2020, 09:26 AM
If you'll need a fax kit for bh-363 , send me email.

Besten Dank, ich habe hier noch Einige liegen, möchte aber diesen ganzen Faxquatsch bei unseren Kunden beenden. Ich glaube übrigens, dass der Fehler hier eher von der Hauptplatine ausgeht der sich nicht mit dem Faxkit veträgt.

Gruß Hans

Google Translate:

Thank you very much, I still have some lying around here, but I would like to end all this fax nonsense with our customers. By the way, I believe that the fault here is more likely to come from the motherboard, which does not interact with the fax kit.

Greetings Hans

Custom Search