PDA

View Full Version : SERVICE PORT BIZHUB C364e

Custom Search

AhmedChamumi
12-03-2020, 09:38 PM
Helo everyone,

Hope this finds you well, kindly assist on the following scenario im currently facing;

I have a bizhub C364e on which im trying to rewrite firmware and the reason for rewriting firmware is this printer has PKI firmware and i want to install a non PKI firmware because the printer requires authentication in printing and does not allow printing / scanning with thumb drive.

After inserting the thumb drive containing a non PKI firmware the printer simply boots up normally and ignore the presence of firmware and when it reaches READY TO COPY stage it flashes the message that external drive function is not available, the same thumb drive works perfectly on other printers, i tried to exchange the service port flap and sensor and still the results are the same.

Is there any setting or procedure i happen to skip? or possibly any parameter in administrator mode need to be changed?

Kindly assist.

Ahmed

THE PRINTER RUNS [A5C10Y0-F000-GDL-M1(00) PKI MFP CONTROLLER FIRMWARE

Synthohol
12-03-2020, 09:47 PM
what size is the drive?
what brand?
what exactly is put on the root of the drive?
ok, can you get to service mode and disable any vendor mode(s) and do a system data clear. then firmware, then movie data?

aussieducker
12-04-2020, 12:43 AM
try another thumb drive, 8gb or less. All firmware files in root, not in a folder.

copier tech
12-04-2020, 10:56 AM
Helo everyone,

Hope this finds you well, kindly assist on the following scenario im currently facing;

I have a bizhub C364e on which im trying to rewrite firmware and the reason for rewriting firmware is this printer has PKI firmware and i want to install a non PKI firmware because the printer requires authentication in printing and does not allow printing / scanning with thumb drive.

After inserting the thumb drive containing a non PKI firmware the printer simply boots up normally and ignore the presence of firmware and when it reaches READY TO COPY stage it flashes the message that external drive function is not available, the same thumb drive works perfectly on other printers, i tried to exchange the service port flap and sensor and still the results are the same.

Is there any setting or procedure i happen to skip? or possibly any parameter in administrator mode need to be changed?

Kindly assist.

Ahmed

THE PRINTER RUNS [A5C10Y0-F000-GDL-M1(00) PKI MFP CONTROLLER FIRMWARE

What version are you trying to install? sometimes trying an older version then work your way up to the latest works.

AhmedChamumi
12-04-2020, 12:55 PM
what size is the drive?
what brand?
what exactly is put on the root of the drive?
ok, can you get to service mode and disable any vendor mode(s) and do a system data clear. then firmware, then movie data?

In root directory i put extracted firmware the expanded version.
-2GB HP brand drive
-4GB Sandisk

Kindly if you happen to have movie data and OCR dictionary for that specific printer please PM.

Best regards,

Ahmed

AhmedChamumi
12-04-2020, 12:57 PM
What version are you trying to install? sometimes trying an older version then work your way up to the latest works.

I'm trying to install A5C10Y0-F000-G20-M1

larweedad
12-04-2020, 05:07 PM
If I remember correctly you have to install it differently than normally. You need to go through service mode first and turn on download. Read the pdf with firmware.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

emujo2
12-04-2020, 05:37 PM
You need to set softswitch 41 and 12 back to their defaults..These switchs put the machine in PKI mode...I do not know if this affects the firmware update or not..Usually if the machine just boots as normal, you either have a USB that can't be read, the firmware is not organized on the drive correcly, or the service port is not seeing the shutter open and not looking for firmware. E

tsbservice
12-04-2020, 10:14 PM
If I remember correctly you have to install it differently than normally. You need to go through service mode first and turn on download. Read the pdf with firmware.

G20-M1 update is pretty much standard procedure nothing fancy in my experience.

blackcat4866
12-04-2020, 10:21 PM
You need to set softswitch 41 and 12 back to their defaults..These switchs put the machine in PKI mode...I do not know if this affects the firmware update or not..Usually if the machine just boots as normal, you either have a USB that can't be read, the firmware is not organized on the drive correcly, or the service port is not seeing the shutter open and not looking for firmware. E

Thanks Emujo. I wish the DIPSW's had better documentation. Most of the time I have to learn about them from a bulletin or from you. =^..^=

tsbservice
12-04-2020, 10:31 PM

Thanks Emujo. I wish the DIPSW's had better documentation. Most of the time I have to learn about them from a bulletin or from you. =^..^=

For the protocol. Maybe Emujo meant soft switches not DIPSW's(often referred as engine FW DIPSW).
I may be wrong thought.

AhmedChamumi
12-07-2020, 11:43 AM

Thanks for the input but i have read read the pdf manual and havent found the procedure you have describe, can you please elaborate.

Best regards,

Ahmed

AhmedChamumi
12-07-2020, 11:52 AM

Thanks for your valuable input i get back to you with the results, by the way what is the KMBS recommended brand when it comes to thumb drive?

emujo2
12-07-2020, 03:28 PM
for this machine I would stick with 4-8 GB..Most models work fine unless they have preloaded software on them. You can download HP' disk formatter tool and use his to truly format and erase any drives. We have been using Scandisk and Transcend for years, but I have various drives that work just as well. E

AhmedChamumi
12-08-2020, 01:29 PM
for this machine I would stick with 4-8 GB..Most models work fine unless they have preloaded software on them. You can download HP' disk formatter tool and use his to truly format and erase any drives. We have been using Scandisk and Transcend for years, but I have various drives that work just as well. E

Thanks i really appreciate the effort.

allan
12-08-2020, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the input but i have read read the pdf manual and havent found the procedure you have describe, can you please elaborate.

Best regards,

Ahmed

Normally the readme file and firmware files gets unzipped from one file.
You need that specific firmware versions documentation.

AhmedChamumi
12-09-2020, 03:58 AM
Normally the readme file and firmware files gets unzipped from one file.
You need that specific firmware versions documentation.

Unfortunately the DLBT file wasn't attached along with the firmware file when it was sent over to me, i have no access to the KMBS website since our company has shifted to RICOH dealership anyone who happen to have that DLBT file please help me get it as service manual doesn't have a detailed info on that specific area.

The firmware version is A5C10Y0-F000-G20-M1.

Thanks.

Custom Search