PDA

View Full Version : Fuser driller damage

Custom Search

positiveg
12-06-2020, 12:36 AM
Ok I'm running my C454e. I got some transfer paper. Honestly I ran a few before this one I didn't read the package but I out it in run a copy then bam bad prints. Then realise I have junk on the fuser. When I take a look this is Wat I found.

Is it fixable?
Or would I need anew fuser or just a new roller or just remove the paper hats in here and good to go again. Nope that's as far as I got. I was able to remove the fuser. As for opening it up no luck so gonna take it to my repair guy.
But I really want to know where I stand please thanks https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201206/a53a3b9a143e6461b1de70b02288bea1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201206/44f4b7a24ca11a52015cef736ea94e6f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
12-06-2020, 12:43 AM
It looks like the teflon is scratched through, to me like. If you can get a heat roller separately, that will fix it, or the whole fuser.

Yeah, I wouldn't have tried transfers.

positiveg
12-06-2020, 01:47 AM
Yea thanks hats wha I thought. I'm trying to take a deeper look (pun intended) so I'll see how to open this up.
Yeah man funny thing is I ran some already.
I not sure what I can get on Island before Wednesday and my Xerox is also down waiting for a Ros laser. So no printer available.
I ran a few already and was like let me run two of my logos so can out on my shirt now look.
Man life could be so crazy

positiveg
12-06-2020, 03:15 AM
It looks like the teflon is scratched through, to me like. If you can get a heat roller separately, that will fix it, or the whole fuser.

Do you happen to have the part number for the heat roller
I was able to find the lower fuser roller on a site I purchase from but not the heat roller
thx

EarthKmTech
12-06-2020, 06:43 AM
KM don't make available the parts inside these fusers.

When i see this sort of thing its new fuser time and a bill for it and the time to change it as media damage isnt covered.

If its your own machine at home then by all means go with aftermarket bits to rebuild that fuser but it's not a walk in the park if you haven't done it before. Personally I'd just find a second hand fusing unit from a scrap machine if buying a brand new one is out of the question.

copier tech
12-06-2020, 10:39 AM
Ok I'm running my C454e. I got some transfer paper. Honestly I ran a few before this one I didn't read the package but I out it in run a copy then bam bad prints. Then realise I have junk on the fuser. When I take a look this is Wat I found.

Is it fixable?
Or would I need anew fuser or just a new roller or just remove the paper hats in here and good to go again. Nope that's as far as I got. I was able to remove the fuser. As for opening it up no luck so gonna take it to my repair guy.
But I really want to know where I stand please thanks https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201206/a53a3b9a143e6461b1de70b02288bea1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201206/44f4b7a24ca11a52015cef736ea94e6f.jpg

Officially you can't rebuild these fusers, simply replace the complete unit. They are good for around 500K prints.

As it happens i'm selling a new one unopened, drop me a PM should you be interested.

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/for-sale-trade-or-wanted/152898-bizhub-c454-fuser-unit-a4fjr70422-a4fjr70444-a4fjr70455-a4fjr70466-a4fjr70477-post1621599.html?152898=#post1621599

positiveg
12-06-2020, 11:18 AM
KM don't make available the parts inside these fusers.

When i see this sort of thing its new fuser time and a bill for it and the time to change it as media damage isnt covered.

If its your own machine at home then by all means go with aftermarket bits to rebuild that fuser but it's not a walk in the park if you haven't done it before. Personally I'd just find a second hand fusing unit from a scrap machine if buying a brand new one is out of the question.Thanks. I needed to remove the paper that's stuck inside hough. I know that should be possible no?

blackcat4866
12-06-2020, 03:13 PM
It looks like the teflon is scratched through, to me. If you can get a heat roller separately, that will fix it, or the whole fuser.

Thanks. I needed to remove the paper that's stuck inside though. I know that should be possible no?

Ok, lets say that you are able to remove the paper. How does that restore the scratched teflon on the roller? =^..^=

Synthohol
12-06-2020, 03:17 PM
yup, cant put a bandaid on a broken arm.

positiveg
12-06-2020, 03:23 PM
I know will need a new fuser. However I've seen the fuser roller sold seperately. I just need to be able to have that part and a new fuser just in case this happens again.

With limited flights to the island I have to be able to be as resourceful in terms of having items on stock.
I've seen some YouTube Videos with persons changing over the fuser roller.
I've done so with my Xerox and now have two funders a new and a rebuilt one just for times like these.

allan
12-06-2020, 03:33 PM
I know will need a new fuser. However I've seen the fuser roller sold seperately. I just need to be able to have that part and a new fuser just in case this happens again.

With limited flights to the island I have to be able to be as resourceful in terms of having items on stock.
I've seen some YouTube Videos with persons changing over the fuser roller.
I've done so with my Xerox and now have two funders a new and a rebuilt one just for times like these.

Not too hard to rebuild. Take lots of photos before and while you disassemble the unit.
Some suppliers sell the parts in kit form. Think there are 2 kits for this fuser.
One include the pressure roller and film sleeve. The other contains the cleaning roller the cleaning brush and bushings.

So get a new one and rebuild the damaged unit for a spare.

blackcat4866
12-06-2020, 03:37 PM
Are you asking if I know a way of making a teflon coated fuser roller out a plastic water bottle and a 14" length of black pipe?

The answer is no. =^..^=

positiveg
12-06-2020, 03:42 PM
Not too hard to rebuild. Take lots of photos before and while you disassemble the unit.
Some suppliers sell the parts in kit form. Think there are 2 kits for this fuser.
One include the pressure roller and film sleeve. The other contains the cleaning roller the cleaning brush and bushings.

So get a new one and rebuild the damaged unit for a spare.Yep thanks. That's the idea, so tats the plan I'll source a rubiold kit and have one as spare. Hanks again.

positiveg
12-06-2020, 03:43 PM
Are you asking if I know a way of making a teflon coated fuser roller out a plastic water bottle and a 14" length of black pipe?

The answer is no. =^..^=Cool. Good thing yoy don't.

tsbservice
12-06-2020, 03:50 PM

So get a new one and rebuild the damaged unit for a spare.

Agreed although I didn't rebuild them. Link to good how-to video:

https://youtu.be/jF5Vc7l-ksI

copyman
12-07-2020, 01:45 PM
I've rebuilt many of these fusers with great success! Both the fuser belt & roller are available aftermarket. I get them from Copylite products.

These are a lot easier to rebuild than the C253, etc.

AL parts
12-08-2020, 07:04 AM
Agreed although I didn't rebuild them. Link to good how-to video:

https://youtu.be/jF5Vc7l-ksI
Thank you for posting our products.

positiveg
12-08-2020, 07:55 AM
Wow this is pretty cool.
I actually saw the video whilst looking on info how to just remove the paper.
Well I got the paper out and was able to out the fuser back in the machine just to check how prints will look. Yeah marks are there seems some customers just needed a print and where the marks didn't show up. I've already ordered the other fuser. Praying FedEx comes in today with it.
If not will be tomorrow.

Such a small world I went to the site did a search but was unable to find the fuser spare parts.

Custom Search