PDA

View Full Version : White spots

Custom Search

wynter17
12-07-2020, 08:50 AM
Hello,i have this problem with my konica minolta c550,when i print something black it always has spots,the rest of the colors are working fine,is this repairable or not?because a new IU is pretty expensive,thanks!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201207/f8df23b8676029f1c90b6f61f7cf8321.jpg

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Blizzoo
12-07-2020, 10:50 AM
To me looks like a 1st transfer issue. Your 1st transfer roller inside Transfer Belt may be worn out/dirty. Try swap the K 1st transfer roller with another color to identify if the problem moves with the roller.

K 1st transfer roller tends to wear out much quicker than the other ones because is in a permanent contact with K drum.

wynter17
12-08-2020, 02:18 PM
To me looks like a 1st transfer issue. Your 1st transfer roller inside Transfer Belt may be worn out/dirty. Try swap the K 1st transfer roller with another color to identify if the problem moves with the roller.

K 1st transfer roller tends to wear out much quicker than the other ones because is in a permanent contact with K drum.Thanks! So i changed the first roller and the problem is still there,this is a full black image,i have a brand new black IU and that one is printing worse than this.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201208/bca6a80f52f836b3dfc1c6932b50e608.jpg

allan
12-08-2020, 03:37 PM
Not hijacking the threat.:rolleyes:

Hey thanks for starting this thread. I have a machine that is doing the same. Changed drum unit, dev unit and checked all the settings to be default. Its not a C550 but similar setup only a 958. Transfer belt is in good health secondary roller is not looking fresh but tested that. The B423 machines also did that. Been doing this for too long now and this problems solution still evades me.

In its current application the machine does not print any solids only thin line tables so it does not show.

Environmental issue could it be?

wynter17
12-08-2020, 04:17 PM

Hey thanks for starting this thread. I have a machine that is doing the same. Changed drum unit, dev unit and checked all the settings to be default. Its not a C550 but similar setup only a 958. Transfer belt is in good health secondary roller is not looking fresh but tested that. The B423 machines also did that. Been doing this for too long now and this problems solution still evades me.

In its current application the machine does not print any solids only thin line tables so it does not show.

Environmental issue could it be?Hello! The first thing i was thinking is enviromental issues,my machine is in a cold enviroment during the night,so i believed it is moisture because of the pattern but why only the black drum?
P.S. sorry for my english

Edit: i added another photo with partial color

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201208/5d9e63125eaaee15b1daee2bc720cae9.jpg

tmw
12-08-2020, 06:06 PM
Grounding issue ? Discharge lamp ? Just freethinking if they haven't been checked

tsbservice
12-08-2020, 06:13 PM

Environmental issue could it be?

Allan, friend of mine showed me some time ago similar copy from bh958 and for him change of ITB unit solve this. But he's riding belt way past supposed life. Just a thought.

M94
12-08-2020, 06:14 PM
Is there a way to run these guys but with removing the charge step as an option? I'm not familiar with this model but with some you can disable charge at one place or another. Would result in a solid black page if the problem is charge related and the problem would remain if it's transfer\developer related. I'm still new to this but someone should be able to see this and re-state it in a way that makes sense.

BillyCarpenter
12-08-2020, 06:17 PM
Since all the other colors are fine, I'd be looking at the K DV unit.

Synthohol
12-08-2020, 06:52 PM
Since all the other colors are fine, I'd be looking at the K DV unit.

Lol its a c550!
I'd be looking into buying a machine from this century lol

wynter17
12-08-2020, 06:57 PM
Allan, friend of mine showed me some time ago similar copy from bh958 and for him change of ITB unit solve this. But he's riding belt way past supposed life. Just a thought.I tried another itb,same result :)

wynter17
12-08-2020, 07:03 PM
Lol its a c550!
I'd be looking into buying a machine from this century lolIt is from 2007 so i'm good haha

Synthohol
12-08-2020, 07:57 PM
Funny story from today.
Got sent to a Kyocera fax machine from 2005 with issues.
I fixed it by plugging the fax line into one of the 2 new 558e machines and turnd off the Kyocera.
They didn't know both the konicas have fax units.
Best call all year.

wynter17
12-08-2020, 08:29 PM
Funny story from today.
Got sent to a Kyocera fax machine from 2005 with issues.
I fixed it by plugging the fax line into one of the 2 new 558e machines and turnd off the Kyocera.
They didn't know both the konicas have fax units.
Best call all year.Haha,i can't count how many times customers forgot to plug in electronics,i get so angry [emoji23]

afterhours
12-09-2020, 03:48 AM
What's the count on the black unit?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

wynter17
12-09-2020, 05:40 PM
So i spent a lot of time today figuring out what is the problem,the black iu is not getting enough toner.

allan
12-09-2020, 08:14 PM
So i spent a lot of time today figuring out what is the problem,the black iu is not getting enough toner.

Mmm...
Toner you say?
How did you go about fixing it?

wynter17
12-10-2020, 06:43 PM
Mmm...
Toner you say?
How did you go about fixing it?Sorry for my late response,i was quite busy,yes,i tried adding manually some toner and it is a lot better now,sometimes i get the message "install toner cartridge k" or " set toner cartridge k",tried with a new toner but same problem,i checked everything related to the toner but nothing is broken.
So i think the problem is with the toner sub hopper assy,looks like the toner is not getting through,will check tomorrow.

allan
12-10-2020, 08:15 PM
Sorry for my late response,i was quite busy,yes,i tried adding manually some toner and it is a lot better now,sometimes i get the message "install toner cartridge k" or " set toner cartridge k",tried with a new toner but same problem,i checked everything related to the toner but nothing is broken.
So i think the problem is with the toner sub hopper assy,looks like the toner is not getting through,will check tomorrow.

My mind just can't figure out why it would make the white spots when its under toned.

Bix
12-16-2020, 11:19 AM
I had a similar problem on a bizhub 658e. In my case it was a K drum. A piece of internal plastic has blown.

Custom Search