PDA

View Full Version : how to modify dr313 cmy drum to work in K position

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
12-08-2020, 10:54 AM
I know people out there do things like this - so I thought I'd ask..

I'm at a remote site with a million cmy drums and no K's is this an easy enough thing to accomplish ?

CP-1015
12-08-2020, 12:41 PM
How can I send you the solution per PM?

copier tech
12-08-2020, 01:18 PM
I know people out there do things like this - so I thought I'd ask..

I'm at a remote site with a million cmy drums and no K's is this an easy enough thing to accomplish ?

I simply swap the drum cylinder only 5 minute job.

Ignore the consumable life counters tab or hide the tab using SW 227 set to HEX 08

copier addict
12-08-2020, 02:30 PM
I simply swap the drum cylinder only 5 minute job.

Ignore the consumable life counters tab or hide the tab using SW 227 set to HEX 08

He would also need to swap the charge roller with the drum. It is an easy job too

tsbservice
12-08-2020, 02:39 PM
He would also need to swap the charge roller with the drum. It is an easy job too

That would be my choice. As you will need to swap and chips to make cmy drum unit k. Chips are riveted and that's a bit tricky. So better just use cylinder and PCR from good color unit in place of black one.

xerotec
12-09-2020, 12:28 PM
You can move Drum, Drum Cleaning Blade and PCR to other housing, front Spacer is different and black Drum Cartridge have blockade so you must remove it before use black Drum instead of color and move front Spacer, replace chip with new one .You can use old one but may experience low image quality.
I had same trouble with image quality and solve with new chip.

AL parts
12-11-2020, 03:19 AM
Just need to swap chip

fornerm
12-17-2020, 01:35 PM
But why do you want to do that? It's cheaper to turn a K into a CMY.

darry1322
12-17-2020, 01:44 PM
But why do you want to do that?It's cheaper to turn a K into a CMY.

|"I'm at a remote site with a million cmy drums and no K's is this an easy enough thing to accomplish ?"

It was in the original post.

Gift
12-17-2020, 02:38 PM
You can move Drum, Drum Cleaning Blade and PCR to other housing, front Spacer is different and black Drum Cartridge have blockade so you must remove it before use black Drum instead of color and move front Spacer, replace chip with new one .You can use old one but may experience low image quality.
I had same trouble with image quality and solve with new chip.

We also prefer to chip + mod the units and swap that spacer thingy.

Any insights for the C300i units - haven't had to deal with them yet?

xerotec
01-04-2021, 02:30 PM
We also prefer to chip + mod the units and swap that spacer thingy.

Any insights for the C300i units - haven't had to deal with them yet?

Same thing but you can not move cleaning blade, holes on color and black is not on same place

Custom Search