PDA

View Full Version : C250i Color registration error P-21

Custom Search

blinxwap
12-09-2020, 05:46 PM
I have a color registration error p-21 error on a c250i that is basically still new have cleaned idc sensors , removed transfer belt cleaned transfer belt cleaning section when ever the machine warms up or i do image stabilization , either it gives p-21 error of drum unit/developing unit magenta error any suggestions also the machine used 67% lofe of the drum unit k but it has n line on the drum unit k all the other drums are above 90% the machine doesnt even have about 100k copies on it

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

copier tech
12-09-2020, 06:31 PM
I have a color registration error p-21 error on a c250i that is basically still new have cleaned idc sensors , removed transfer belt cleaned transfer belt cleaning section when ever the machine warms up or i do image stabilization , either it gives p-21 error of drum unit/developing unit magenta error any suggestions also the machine used 67% lofe of the drum unit k but it has n line on the drum unit k all the other drums are above 90% the machine doesnt even have about 100k copies on it

Check the magenta dev unit toner levels, should be around 6% any lower & you will get a P21 warning.

As with all new KMs update the firmware to the latest version (last time I checked B6) this enables a developer unit agitation mode this could be your issue.

Max
12-09-2020, 08:39 PM
What are the test k c y m sheets look like? If feint, uneven or lined you will get p 21.

blinxwap
12-09-2020, 08:49 PM
What are the test k c y m sheets look like? If feint, uneven or lined you will get p 21.Halftones has a black line on all copies cause drum unit k needs to be replaced sheets colors looks good

tsbservice
12-09-2020, 08:53 PM

Post machine counter list, PM counter list and CMYK halftone pattern. I once or twice saw tech is posting MML list as PDF file. It will have all info needed. Simply the best way for other tech to check for machine anomalies.

allan
12-09-2020, 08:57 PM
Like mentioned print CMYK half-tones at 150 and post that. If there is poor image creation in the area where the sensors read the patches registration can fail.
Most of the time there is a P-code for the color causing the failure. P6 to P9.

If its only P21 with no other code then its not complaining about density. For that it needs to find the patch first.

How is the print if you do a demo page? Is the registration way out of wack?

tsbservice
12-09-2020, 09:01 PM

Also what exactly means "drum unit/developing unit magenta error"?
What if you swap M with let's say C drum?

Bix
12-09-2020, 10:43 PM
Hi, some have had problems with the drum chip. I had it at some stage of installation. simply remove and replace the drum to fix. But maybe I don't understand your problem well.

Max
12-11-2020, 07:05 PM
Halftones has a black line on all copies cause drum unit k needs to be replaced sheets colors looks good

Good place to start.

REGSIS
12-12-2020, 06:58 AM

If you want to save and continue to use that drum unit K, you may try to take it apart.
My best guess is that primary charge roller is creating a problem. Drum and drum cleaner should be ok.
You can clean the cleaner just in case. Don't clean the drum especialy if there's nothing visible on surface.
Clean primary charge roller with alcohol.
PCR has its own cleaner.
I think that the best way to clean it is to soak it in cold water and dry.

I never tried this! Just my thoughts!
The safest way is to replace K drum, and do the above on your free time for experimental purposes to see if it works and how long it will last afterwards.

tsbservice
12-12-2020, 11:43 AM
If you want to save and continue to use that drum unit K, you may try to take it apart.
My best guess is that primary charge roller is creating a problem. Drum and drum cleaner should be ok.
You can clean the cleaner just in case. Don't clean the drum especialy if there's nothing visible on surface.
PCR has its own cleaner.

I never tried this! Just my thoughts!
The safest way is to replace K drum, and do the above on your free time for experimental purposes to see if it works and how long it will last afterwards.

I experimented on 8 series PCRs and that won't work. I cleaned them they look good but once the lines come on page it's game over PCR is shot. I even cut the rubber with a knife to see if steel core is rusted or something to no avail. Cleaning works well on many small printers SOFT PCRs but this rubber on 8 series won't .

blackcat4866
12-12-2020, 02:21 PM
PCR has its own cleaner.

I never tried this! Just my thoughts! ...

I think you'll find that if you clean the primary charge roller with anything you'll get very bad copies, much worse than when you started. I have not had success with cleaning Konica Minolta primary charge rollers.

Keep in mind that the yield on the C250i drum is 120K, 91% of yield. =^..^=

allan
12-12-2020, 04:08 PM
I think you'll find that if you clean the primary charge roller with anything you'll get very bad copies, much worse than when you started. I have not had success with cleaning Konica Minolta primary charge rollers.

Keep in mind that the yield on the C250i drum is 120K, 91% of yield. =^..^=

Used to clean charge rollers with nothing but running water and a soft cloth.
The older Ricoh machines saliva and cloth was the way.

tsbservice
12-12-2020, 05:01 PM

Wait, is this machine C250i OR C250?

blackcat4866
12-12-2020, 05:19 PM
Wait, is this machine C250i OR C250?

Well it can't be a C250 if it has a charge roller. =^..^=

tsbservice
12-12-2020, 06:05 PM
Well it can't be a C250 if it has a charge roller. =^..^=
Completely agree Sir...but TS never said it has charge roller ;)
In fact he didn't bother to provide samples or answer a couple of questions we asked so I started to wonder why.

blackcat4866
12-12-2020, 09:01 PM
Good point.

blinxwap
12-13-2020, 08:03 PM
Like mentioned print CMYK half-tones at 150 and post that. If there is poor image creation in the area where the sensors read the patches registration can fail.
Most of the time there is a P-code for the color causing the failure. P6 to P9.

If its only P21 with no other code then its not complaining about density. For that it needs to find the patch first.

How is the print if you do a demo page? Is the registration way out of wack?The gdi demo page colours have more green in it like the bird is suppose to be blue it is green

blinxwap
12-13-2020, 08:04 PM
Also what exactly means "drum unit/developing unit magenta error"?
What if you swap M with let's say C drum?Havent tried swapping the drums havent been to the machine yet waiting on parts to arrive

blinxwap
12-13-2020, 08:06 PM
Wait, is this machine C250i OR C250?C250i

blinxwap
12-13-2020, 08:08 PM
I havent been to the machine again waiting on parts to arrive than i will post more details

tsbservice
12-13-2020, 08:24 PM
I havent been to the machine again waiting on parts to arrive than i will post more details

Good luck then. Replace black drum at first and see how it goes. I would also check error history for any image related faults. If anything goes wrong export MML list to USB or print it. Would be helpful in later troubleshooting.

blinxwap
01-12-2021, 08:40 PM
Good luck then. Replace black drum at first and see how it goes. I would also check error history for any image related faults. If anything goes wrong export MML list to USB or print it. Would be helpful in later troubleshooting.So i finally got the the mc , replaced black drum , cleaned transferbeld cleaning section, also wiped toner from transferbelt , cleaned idc sensors , did gradation , image stabilization & initialize , p-21 error didnt display copy quality was excellent.47842

Synthohol
01-12-2021, 09:42 PM
thank you for posting a follow-up!
glad its all sorted for ya!

Custom Search