PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C284e noise

Custom Search

Bix
12-10-2020, 08:00 AM
Hi guys how are you? I hope all is well. I would like to ask you for help. I have unbearable noise in a bizhub C284e with around 300k. I have tried changing fuser with no success. But now I don't understand if the problem comes from the fuser area or something else.
If it were the fuser, the noise had to be there even without printing. Instead it occurs just before the sheet comes out and during the printing phase.

Are you familiar with this? Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71XbJhjg2ws

CP-1015
12-10-2020, 08:16 AM
Hi,
maybe paper exit. It and fuser run before paper pass.

Bix
12-10-2020, 09:41 AM
My doubt is the CL8. The noise seems to me to be active even before starting the paper exit (shortly before). Does anyone know the load check to operate the CL8?

B0265
12-10-2020, 10:54 AM
Do you have the same noise if you print from the bypass tray?
It might be CL7 that makes the noise.

copier tech
12-10-2020, 10:59 AM
Hi guys how are you? I hope all is well. I would like to ask you for help. I have unbearable noise in a bizhub C284e with around 300k. I have tried changing fuser with no success. But now I don't understand if the problem comes from the fuser area or something else.
If it were the fuser, the noise had to be there even without printing. Instead it occurs just before the sheet comes out and during the printing phase.

Are you familiar with this? Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71XbJhjg2ws

Sounds like the exit rollers.

Easy fix I use WD-40 spray all the white plastic rollers then clean up any excess.

Gift
12-10-2020, 12:00 PM
Sounds a bit like the noise in the other video you've posted in february^^

I think I had noise related to the black DV clutch/drive that occuried in the same time window but I can't recall the sound itself.

Bix
12-10-2020, 01:42 PM
Sounds a bit like the noise in the other video you've posted in february^^

I think I had noise related to the black DV clutch/drive that occuried in the same time window but I can't recall the sound itself.

You're right, the noise is very similar!
In the end that resolved itself and it was bizhub C308. I had put some high temperature grease in the fuser area, maybe it got inside the gears after a few days and fixed it. In this case I have some difficulty in identifying.

tech51
12-10-2020, 09:41 PM
Do you have the same noise if you print from the bypass tray?
It might be CL7 that makes the noise.
Had this exact noise yesterday and it was the bypass clutch and the gear that drives it. Quick squirt of a decent silicon based lube should cure it.
I would also do all the idler rollers as previously posted while I was at it.
Incidentally if you get the same noise but intermittently, it’s usually the black toner drive gears on the hopper.
A quick lube sorts that as well.

Phil B.
12-10-2020, 09:44 PM
Sounds like the exit rollers.

Easy fix I use WD-40 spray all the white plastic rollers then clean up any excess.

I prefer using TriFlow to lube plastic parts.. stays intact longer than WD-40

Triflow Lubricants – WE GET YOU MOVIN'!!!

(https://www.triflowlubricants.com/)

Phil B.
12-10-2020, 09:46 PM
Had this exact noise yesterday and it was the bypass clutch and the gear that drives it. Quick squirt of a decent silicon based lube should cure it.
I would also do all the idler rollers as previously posted while I was at it.
Incidentally if you get the same noise but intermittently, it’s usually the black toner drive gears on the hopper.
A quick lube sorts that as well.

Triflow Lubricants – WE GET YOU MOVIN'!!! (https://www.triflowlubricants.com/)

tech51
12-10-2020, 09:55 PM
I prefer using TriFlow to lube plastic parts.. stays intact longer than WD-40

Triflow Lubricants – WE GET YOU MOVIN'!!!

(https://www.triflowlubricants.com/)
Agreed but any silicon based lube will do.

WD40 is actually an oily water displacing agent, originally formulated to protect Atlas ICBMs against corrosion after manufacture. There are videos of it being applied by the gallon in the missile factories!
Good at rust prevention but not so good at lubrication:rolleyes:

Phil B.
12-10-2020, 10:10 PM

WD40 is actually an oily water displacing agent, originally formulated to protect Atlas ICBMs against corrosion after manufacture. There are videos of it being applied by the gallon in the missile factories!

I have tried most of the silicon based lubes on the market over the years, and TriFlow has been the best I've found.

WD-40 wrecked brass bushings years ago... HP and Canon put out a statement saying " Do Not Use " because it dries out the bushing and causes damage to the bushings and the shafts.

I use WD-40 to remove Sharpie marks from covers.

copyman
12-11-2020, 12:19 AM

Agree, I use WD-40 for everything except lube. It's effect with being good for feed rollers is it impregnates the rubber and makes it tacky. If it was a good lube it would never work on rubber feed rollers etc.

My latest thing using WD is after I've cleaned the covers on off lease machines, right before delivery I spay it on a paper towel or rag and put light coat on covers. Really makes the machine look new! Customer always asks is this new?

blackcat4866
12-11-2020, 01:13 AM
My doubt is the CL8. The noise seems to me to be active even before starting the paper exit (shortly before). Does anyone know the load check to operate the CL8?

There isn't any, and I agree it sounds like CL8. Is there rust dust on the plastic arm that engages the fuser drive?

Bix
12-11-2020, 08:13 AM
Hello everyone, thank you very much for your valuable advice. Currently it appears in very good condition, apart from some dust. I have a question: when I do the test for the passage of the paper, are dev, toner hopper, drum, etc. activated? I have made the passage of the paper and the screech is present. Thank you so much!

https://i29.servimg.com/u/f29/16/84/89/65/c28411.jpg

Gift
12-11-2020, 08:18 AM
when I do the test for the passage of the paper, are dev, toner hopper, drum, etc. activated? I have made the passage of the paper and the screech is present. Thank you so much!

Paper passage wouldn't work without an activated transfer belt and if the transfer belt is moving I'd suppose that the BK drum is moving as well and if the BK drum move it's most likely that the dev does also move to avoid any wear of the drum surface.

Bix
12-11-2020, 08:51 AM
Thank you for advice. As I get closer with my ear, I actually hear the noise plus evidence in the door in the area of the transfer belt.
I tried spinning the transfer roller and it made some noise. But it doesn't seem the culprit because by replacing it with another from another C284, the noise is present.
So I should investigate drums, developing units and transfer belts.

Gift
12-11-2020, 10:17 AM
Thank you for advice. As I get closer with my ear, I actually hear the noise plus evidence in the door in the area of the transfer belt.
I tried spinning the transfer roller and it made some noise. But it doesn't seem the culprit because by replacing it with another from another C284, the noise is present.
So I should investigate drums, developing units and transfer belts.

And don't forget the black DV clutch :D

tsbservice
12-11-2020, 12:23 PM
And don't forget the black DV clutch :D
That machine doesn't have black DV clutch it does have Black Developing Solenoid and solenoids make clicking noise but not like machine-guns :D

Gift
12-11-2020, 01:39 PM
That machine doesn't have black DV clutch it does have Black Developing Solenoid and solenoids make clicking noise but not like machine-guns :D

Ah OK, I could swear one of my tech reported me odd noise issues wich has been fixed in that area. Perhaps it was the dev drive itself.

progoffice
12-11-2020, 02:02 PM
You can run a load check for the main motor (or transport motor I think) with the main door open, the duplex section closed and the interlock switch pressed. This will turn a good portion of the machine to listen for noises. Once it's turning, you can slowly close the main door and the gears in the door will mesh just enough to get things turning at the bypass feed. This is how I was able to isolate the noise in our C284e. I've also had it be the black DV in this model, but that's not what I'm hearing here.

Bix
12-11-2020, 03:15 PM
How did I not think about it before? Thanks @faprogoffice! You saved me from unnecessary disassembly.I opened the door and with a screwdriver I simulated closing. With a 40-1 load check I saw that there was no noise with the door open. As soon as I closed the door, the noise appeared.
These gears are the cause of evil. a splash of isopropyl alcohol was enough and the noise disappeared. Sometimes the sounds are easily dispersed. Amazing how I started from the fuser and eventually the noise came from down there.
https://i29.servimg.com/u/f29/16/84/89/65/dke10.png

progoffice
12-11-2020, 03:29 PM
How did I not think about it before? Thanks @faprogoffice! You saved me from unnecessary disassembly.I opened the door and with a screwdriver I simulated closing. With a 40-1 load check I saw that there was no noise with the door open. As soon as I closed the door, the noise appeared.
These gears are the cause of evil. a splash of isopropyl alcohol was enough and the noise disappeared. Sometimes the sounds are easily dispersed. Amazing how I started from the fuser and eventually the noise came from down there.

Nice work! That's where our noise was coming from too.

tech51
12-11-2020, 07:07 PM

That’s the bypass drive gear I told you about in post no.8

blackcat4866
12-11-2020, 11:32 PM
Thanks for sharing Bix. =^..^=

Custom Search