PDA

View Full Version : C454e ADU clutch no power

Custom Search

fishleg
12-11-2020, 02:01 PM
Hi,

Anyone had this one paper gets out of fuser then stops adu clutch never gets power. Replaced clutch seems to be the printer board connector leads to here anyone had similar problems?

Trying to work out if any of the components have blown on the board.

We traced it to the bottom of that long connector and then 2 diodes but a bit lost from there.

Cheers for any help.

blackcat4866
12-12-2020, 12:09 AM
What jam codes? If it's J30-03, J32-01, or J32-05, you might have a bad sensor PS3 and the clutch will never get the ON signal.

The duplex clutch will cause J32-01 jams.

The exit clutch CL8 will give you exclusively J30-03 jams.

There was a notable case where I had the unlikely situation where BOTH PS3 and the exit clutch CL8 were bad. That was a long call. Fortunately, I was assisting another tech and he ran to the office for the clutch while it was disassembling the exit drive.
=^..^=

BillyCarpenter
12-12-2020, 12:10 AM
What jam codes? If it's J30-03, J32-01, or J32-05, you might have a bad sensor PS3 and the clutch will never get the ON signal.

=^..^=

Every time I read one of your posts I think to myself that I need to step my game up. ;)

slimslob
12-12-2020, 12:48 AM
Every time I read one of your posts I think to myself that I need to step my game up. ;)

David might not have been in the industry as long as I have but he has been here at CTN about 6 years longer and has worked on more lines than I have. He and sandmanmac are very knowledgeable.

blackcat4866
12-12-2020, 12:54 AM
David might not have been in the industry as long as I have but he has been here at CTN about 6 years longer and has worked on more lines than I have. He and sandmanmac are very knowledgeable.

It does help to have been thrown under so many different buses over the years. In addition, the database helps me overcome my memory limitations. =^..^=

slimslob
12-12-2020, 01:18 AM
It does help to have been thrown under so many different buses over the years. In addition, the database helps me overcome my memory limitations. =^..^=

I thought you had a problem with dismounting ladders. Or was that someone else?

blackcat4866
12-12-2020, 01:26 AM
I thought you had a problem with dismounting ladders. Or was that someone else?

I can dismount ladders OK, it's the alighting on the ground that seems to be the problem ... that last 1/2" seems to be the most painful.

Trimalleolar (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/rants-raves-and-everything-else/84940-trimalleolar.html)
=^..^=

fishleg
12-13-2020, 08:02 AM

There was a notable case where I had the unlikely situation where BOTH PS3 and the exit clutch CL8 were bad. That was a long call. Fortunately, I was assisting another tech and he ran to the office for the clutch while it was disassembling the exit drive.
=^..^=

J30-03 is the code we get constantly. Tried the clutch didn't make a difference it's not getting power and I don't think it's the sensor. Tested the sensor in service mode appears to be working fine. Checked all the tiny fuses on the board they all appear ok. We are waiting for the print control board. Would love to fix the board I'm sure it would be something daft just got no idea what to test.

tsbservice
12-13-2020, 08:35 AM
Next would be something burnt on PRCB.

copier tech
12-13-2020, 11:36 AM
Hi,

Anyone had this one paper gets out of fuser then stops adu clutch never gets power. Replaced clutch seems to be the printer board connector leads to here anyone had similar problems?

Trying to work out if any of the components have blown on the board.

We traced it to the bottom of that long connector and then 2 diodes but a bit lost from there.

Cheers for any help.

What else did you check or replace? you mention you 'replaced clutch' but you've not stated which one?

I'd start looking at sensors, usually if a clutch fails it will be intermittent, a sensor failing will give you a jam every time.

How does the image look on the page, is the registration correct?

If PS3 is not reached or is not working the exit clutch won't drive.

allan
12-13-2020, 12:39 PM
Use the manual to find the connector on the PRCB. Test from there use the chassis as a ground.
If the voltage does not fall form high to low while its activated there is indeed something wrong.
Check on the both clutch wires for voltage if you only get on one the circuit is open. If you get nothing there could be no power supplied.

tsbservice
12-13-2020, 04:04 PM
ADU clutch is terminated at CN12, exit clutch(CL8) at CN13. Related ICP on PCRB is ICP3.

As for constant 30-03 jam code, there is NO mention of ADU transport clutch in troubleshooting procedure.

copier tech
12-13-2020, 04:13 PM
ADU clutch is terminated at CN12, exit clutch(CL8) at CN13. Related ICP on PCRB is ICP3.

As for constant 30-03 jam code, there is NO mention of ADU transport clutch in troubleshooting procedure.

My thoughts exactly hence my post from the CE manual.

allan
12-13-2020, 06:14 PM
Check if you can see what drives the clutch solenoid on the PRCB if your ICP's are all ok.
Could be something like a driver IC or a MOSFET that is toast.

fishleg
12-13-2020, 11:53 PM

Sorry yeah I'm getting the two mixed up definitely the exit clutch sorry. How do you know which ICP is for the clutch? I couldn't find any mention of them in the service manual.

fishleg
12-13-2020, 11:56 PM
Check if you can see what drives the clutch solenoid on the PRCB if your ICP's are all ok.
Could be something like a driver IC or a MOSFET that is toast.

Any easy way to check the MOSFETs with a meter? I guess if its driver IC it's a bin board job.

tsbservice
12-14-2020, 07:20 AM
Sorry yeah I'm getting the two mixed up definitely the exit clutch...
Are you sure CL8 (p/n A161M20100) was replaced?

...How do you know which ICP is for the clutch? I couldn't find any mention of them in the service manual.

CTRL+F (IC protector)

fishleg
12-14-2020, 08:43 AM
Are you sure CL8 (p/n A161M20100) was replaced?

CTRL+F (IC protector)

100% sure we replaced the whole drive with all the gears, motor and clutch attached brand new from Konica.

Oooo thanks for that tip :).

Custom Search