PDA

View Full Version : Swaping developer units bizhub C360

Custom Search

tsbservice
12-11-2020, 06:33 PM
So I went and put 2 used developer units(in good condition) C and Y in one bizhub C360.
TCR readings went like 10 for C and 15 for Y.
Bear in mind I didn't put new chips in dev units.
Now machine started to throw C2552 and C2556 codes for high toner density obviously for such a high readings other 2 colors being normal around 6.5 values.
Next I did some halftone patterns printing starting from yellow at 255 density it will allow few then throw C2556 I open close front door error resets and repeated for like 15 pages.
TCR readings for Y went down from 15 to like 9 but at that point for my surprise yellow halftone test pattern depleted ALL toner inside and started to pull out Y developer.
As everyone may guess I didn't like that at all. So back to the adding yellow toner via service mode. It took a long time, few machine restarts and stabilizations but at the end I left machine with some toner in dev unit still undertoned but atleast not pulling dev out. So finally TCR was like 9 for C and 8 for Y still higher than normal but no error codes.

Thanks for reading and... my questions to more experienced in that matter are:
- what to expect next
- what is your recommended/proven way doing this without much troubles

TIA

copier addict
12-11-2020, 07:44 PM
So I went and put 2 used developer units(in good condition) C and Y in one bizhub C360.
TCR readings went like 10 for C and 15 for Y.
Bear in mind I didn't put new chips in dev units.
Now machine started to throw C2552 and C2556 codes for high toner density obviously for such a high readings other 2 colors being normal around 6.5 values.
Next I did some halftone patterns printing starting from yellow at 255 density it will allow few then throw C2556 I open close front door error resets and repeated for like 15 pages.
TCR readings for Y went down from 15 to like 9 but at that point for my surprise yellow halftone test pattern depleted ALL toner inside and started to pull out Y developer.
As everyone may guess I didn't like that at all. So back to the adding yellow toner via service mode. It took a long time, few machine restarts and stabilizations but at the end I left machine with some toner in dev unit still undertoned but atleast not pulling dev out. So finally TCR was like 9 for C and 8 for Y still higher than normal but no error codes.

Thanks for reading and... my questions to more experienced in that matter are:
- what to expect next
- what is your recommended/proven way doing this without much troubles

TIA

The only thing I could add is before you remove the dev unit from donor machine maybe do "initialize and stabilize" first? I don't know if this would help, but it wouldn't hurt.

tsbservice
12-11-2020, 08:25 PM
The only thing I could add is before you remove the dev unit from donor machine maybe do "initialize and stabilize" first? I don't know if this would help, but it wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for idea, that's something to think about. What bothers me is the fact I failed to find correct logic and make decisions based on that. Strange but to me that seems a lot easier process when dealing with other techs problems.
Should rest sleep and start over fresh.

Custom Search