PDA

View Full Version : C227 boot problem

Custom Search

Toxic
12-12-2020, 01:52 PM
I got C227 with no boot,stuck on 2 pillars on screen and just one drive motor is runing.
Tried disconnect hdd,adf, reseat all connectors on mfpb,sata board,emmc,eeproms...
When try to boot firmware from usb it stuck on 3 pillars.
Troublereset dont work.
Selfdiagnostics procedure dont work.
Voltage 24V and 5V is ok on mfpb.
I think it is little bit over 100k counter but machine is from earlier productions (end 2016).

I would try replace emmc first.
Some other suggestions?

copier tech
12-12-2020, 02:08 PM
I got C227 with no boot,stuck on 2 pillars on screen and just one drive motor is runing.
Tried disconnect hdd,adf, reseat all connectors on mfpb,sata board,emmc,eeproms...
When try to boot firmware from usb it stuck on 3 pillars.
Troublereset dont work.
Selfdiagnostics procedure dont work.
Voltage 24V and 5V is ok on mfpb.
I think it is little bit over 100k counter but machine is from earlier productions (end 2016).

I would try replace emmc first.
Some other suggestions?

Try the NVram reset tool.

blackcat4866
12-12-2020, 02:11 PM
I would try replace emmc first...

Me too. Or if maybe a memory DIMM (if there is a removable memory DIMM).
=^..^=

tsbservice
12-12-2020, 02:23 PM
Me too. Or if maybe a memory DIMM (if there is a removable memory DIMM).
=^..^=
+2
On third pillar machine would access eMMC board obviously it can't.

Toxic
12-12-2020, 05:39 PM
Machine does not have optional memory DIMM, only onboard.
Is there nvram reset tool for C227, i never see it before...?

tsbservice
12-12-2020, 05:52 PM
Toxic search infohub for a789be.tar
If you're unable to find it I can search in my docs Monday.

Toxic
12-12-2020, 06:06 PM
I found that file in my 8 series folder, did not know it is the same for 7 series.
To be honest, never have need to use this reset file.

tsbservice
12-12-2020, 06:14 PM
I found that file in my 8 series folder, did not know it is the same for 7 series.
To be honest, never have need to use this reset file.

Me too but better be prepared than sorry is my Mojo.

copier tech
12-12-2020, 06:33 PM
Machine does not have optional memory DIMM, only onboard.

Yes, nothing to loose, worth a try before ordering expensive boards.

blackcat4866
12-12-2020, 09:03 PM
Just saying, I've had to call the hotline for a CE password reset every time I've used the MFPB reset Tool. =^..^=

tsbservice
12-12-2020, 09:25 PM
Yes, nothing to loose, worth a try before ordering expensive boards.

eMMC boards for 7/8 series aren't exactly one of expensive boards they're comparatively cheap.

Toxic
12-12-2020, 09:34 PM
I will contact KM at monday anyway about emmc.
What is approximate price for this emmc TSB?

tsbservice
12-12-2020, 09:46 PM
I will contact KM at monday anyway about emmc.
What is approximate price for this emmc TSB?

50€

copier tech
12-13-2020, 11:19 AM
eMMC boards for 7/8 series aren't exactly one of expensive boards they're comparatively cheap.

I'd always try f/w first before ordering any parts no matter what the cost, quite often this will save a 2nd visit. i'm all about first time fix.

allan
12-13-2020, 12:16 PM
+2
On third pillar machine would access eMMC board obviously it can't.

Ok so there is meaning behind those fins. Only ever had them stuck of 2 fins.
Is that info in the service manual?

Just saying, I've had to call the hotline for a CE password reset every time I've used the MFPB reset Tool. =^..^=

Does it then lock you out of service mode, or did you use it to clear the CE password?
My experience of using the reset tool is not that rosy. But it did help to get machines up and running but it leaves ghosts behind to pops up.
They can also take with it values from a used board. Life stop setting, Toner levels, life counters that did not "reset".

I'd always try f/w first before ordering any parts no matter what the cost, quite often this will save a 2nd visit. i'm all about first time fix.

One guy that started a electronics repair lab. He had a deal with the local dealers and collected all the failed boards. Including some of the warranty parts that was supposed to be shipped back. You need the error code or some other fault description to get anywhere. If you are luck only re flowing the solder can fix bad
joints. None of the boards he had came with a description of the fault so it made it difficult to trace the problem. You will be surprised at how many was nothing but an ICP. Made good money at selling the stuff back to them.

Im not much of a board changer or a firmware jockey for that matter. Replacement board costs a tone and can screw you if you are independent.

tsbservice
12-13-2020, 12:26 PM

While normally I agree with you this case isn't just regular one.
Therefore some alternatives should be considered atleast I would. For example I know if machine isn't sold from local KM main distributor but imported second hand they can refuse you to issue CE password reset code. As BC mentioned without CE password reset code you're stuck outside CE mode. Not really desirable. But I guess it depends on Toxic's case. It's always better have plan B.

Toxic
12-13-2020, 03:13 PM
Nice thinking from everybody, i must agree with all at some point.
If machine is mine/leased i would go for most cheap good solution but in this particular case i got machine from customer who buy it from us few years ago and just one time buy black toner.
Now i see he used some replacement toners inside machine bought who knows where and in cases like that i mostly go for repair in "officially by the book " way.
For mine loyal customers i usually make the best and most cheap solutions possible in every situations.

For @allan

BOOT UP ISSUE
1. If the 7 series MFP* is LOCKED during the boot sequence, follow the steps below.
Power OFF the main switch, wait 10 Seconds and then power the MFP back ON while holding down the op-panel’s Power Button. Wait for a “beep”, and then release the Power Button to enter [Self Diagnostic mode]. Press the Start button when it turns blue. Look for any NG results.
When the machine is stuck at any pillar during boot-up, always remove all accessories from the main body (DF, Finisher and any optional paper trays)
2. Understanding the “phases or timing of the boot process” can help us understand where faults may be.
● Specific boot-up processes take place at each pillar
○ First Pillar:
 Machine starts boot cycle and verifies the firmware file.
○ Second Pillar:
 Machine memory Check (Standard onboard memory, DIMM, ASIC777, ASIC30 EFI, ASIC777 DS board) Scanner moves and initializes, energizes scan lights (e and 4 series)
○ Third Pillar
 Accesses eMMCB board
○ Fifth pillar
 Scanner homes and exposure lamp calibrates

blackcat4866
12-13-2020, 03:47 PM
That's good information!

Thanks Toxic. =^..^=

blackcat4866
12-13-2020, 03:50 PM
Does it then lock you out of service mode?

Every time.

allan
12-13-2020, 06:08 PM
Every time.

Reset tool on the 4 series never gave me issues.
So only on the newer machines?

tsbservice
12-13-2020, 06:22 PM
Reset tool on the 4 series never gave me issues.
So only on the newer machines?

I don't know for sure allan but I would trust BC.

Custom Search