PDA

View Full Version : Restart 454e

Custom Search

uzi mana
12-14-2020, 01:50 PM
HII
i have two machines 454e and thay Restart several times and then rising When I turn off power completely and turn it on again they repeat the startup several times and then stabilize without a problem What needs to be done for a machine to stop booting?

Gift
12-14-2020, 02:02 PM
Probably it's a faulty ssd board or hdd issue.

copier tech
12-14-2020, 02:09 PM
HII
i have two machines 454e and thay Restart several times and then rising When I turn off power completely and turn it on again they repeat the startup several times and then stabilize without a problem What needs to be done for a machine to stop booting?

If the machine comes to ready after you power off & on its not the SSD.

Check the error history most likely C-2557 etc errors logged.

uzi mana
12-14-2020, 02:12 PM
Probably it's a faulty ssd board or hdd issue.

I replaced and did not help

copier tech
12-14-2020, 02:34 PM

Did you check to see is any errors are in the history?

Gift
12-14-2020, 02:35 PM

Both? OK, try and see if the error comes up if the network cable is unplugged.

Another thing what comes in my mind is the PSU. Does the machine collapse right in the moment when the print engine starts it's idle-initialisation run?
You can try and start the machine with an open door to see what happens without the additional load from fuser, maindrive, fan etc.

uzi mana
12-14-2020, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=Gift;1636399]Both? OK, try and see if the error comes up if the network cable is unplugged.

Another thing what comes in my mind is the PSU. Does the machine collapse right in the moment when the print engine starts it's idle-initialisation run?
You can try and start the machine with an open door to see what happens without the additional load from fuser, maindrive, fan etc.[/

i did and did not helpThe machine is not connected to the networkOnly copy

After she finishes doing a restartIt works without a problem and also prints

uzi mana
12-14-2020, 03:13 PM
Did you check to see is any errors are in the history?

no eror

Bix
12-14-2020, 03:55 PM
Hi, sure they're not connected to a faulty power strip? They have maximum power parameters. Is there a UPS? Is the ethernet cable powered?

uzi mana
12-14-2020, 04:06 PM
Hi, sure they're not connected to a faulty power strip? They have maximum power parameters. Is there a UPS? Is the ethernet cable powered?
no ups and I took them to my lab

tsbservice
12-14-2020, 05:11 PM
Do Clear All Data in service mode.

uzi mana
12-14-2020, 05:23 PM
Do Clear All Data in service mode.

I exchanged memoryI replaced nvramI replaced h.d.dAnd still did not get along

allan
12-14-2020, 05:44 PM
Ok so as mentioned before will remain on if you leave the side door open?

Take a video of the machine starting up. That could help.

uzi mana
12-14-2020, 05:53 PM
Ok so as mentioned before will remain on if you leave the side door open?

Take a video of the machine starting up. That could help.

Tomorrow morning I'll go up to a video site

uzi mana
12-15-2020, 06:17 AM
Tomorrow morning I'll go up to a video site
454e.mp4 - SendUp (http://www.sup.co.il/25950815)

Gift
12-15-2020, 08:49 AM
Is the battery on the controller board OK? I've seen some dying on the xx4e series leading to several issues, like data lost (counter "0").

Edit: I think the voltage should be arund 3.3V

copier tech
12-15-2020, 08:56 AM
Is the battery on the controller board OK? I've seen some dying on the xx4e series leading to several issues, like data lost (counter "0").

Edit: I think the voltage should be arund 3.3V

Interesting, we are always getting 'asked' how to clear the 4e series counters, so simply removing the battery will do the trick!?

Gift
12-15-2020, 09:16 AM
Interesting, we are always getting 'asked' how to clear the 4e series counters, so simply removing the battery will do the trick!?

Yeah it might but I never tried to force it that way. I had a case with complete data loss after the machine was unplugged during a preventive maintanance and another case when we swapped a unit and powered it on when it arrived in our workshop for inspection and a "normal" data clear due to privacy protection.

uzi mana
12-15-2020, 04:02 PM
Anyone know what to do?

srvctec
12-15-2020, 04:06 PM
Anyone know what to do?

You still haven't mentioned whether you've done a Clear All Data in service mode as suggested by tsbservice in post #11. You replied to him with a completely different answer like you didn't even think his suggestion had merit. Maybe you just overlooked it or didn't get what he said or maybe there is a language barrier?

uzi mana
12-15-2020, 04:15 PM
You still haven't mentioned whether you've done a Clear All Data in service mode as suggested by tsbservice in post #11. You replied to him with a completely different answer like you didn't even think his suggestion had merit. Maybe you just overlooked it or didn't get what he said or maybe there is a language barrier?
yes i did it and dont help

Gift
12-16-2020, 07:13 AM
battery check?

uzi mana
12-16-2020, 01:17 PM
battery check?

I checked
3.2 v

Gift
12-16-2020, 03:24 PM
If you really tried everything suggested here it's hard to tell how to proceed, especially if there's no chance for the sales guy to sell a new MFP and write this one off ;)

Have you tried swapping any boards/electrical components so far, like PSU, MFP board, operation panel? Perhaps you have a part donator for stripping some stuff.

uzi mana
12-16-2020, 03:37 PM
If you really tried everything suggested here it's hard to tell how to proceed, especially if there's no chance for the sales guy to sell a new MFP and write this one off ;)

Have you tried swapping any boards/electrical components so far, like PSU, MFP board, operation panel? Perhaps you have a part donator for stripping some stuff.

I have not tried it yet
Strange it happens to me in 2 machines same problem
I need to get another machine to replace parts like PSU or MFP

femaster
12-19-2020, 08:31 AM

Even just shorting the battery for a few minutes works. I have seen it cause other issues though, which requires a re-shorting of the battery, or reset firmware to bring it back to life.

allan
12-19-2020, 12:55 PM
Even just shorting the battery for a few minutes works. I have seen it cause other issues though, which requires a re-shorting of the battery, or reset firmware to bring it back to life.

Shorting the battery that keeps the SSD running is a bit risky in the field. Like you said don't know the weirdness that can follow.
3.2V is close enough to correct should be 3.3V regulated.
Measure on a working machine anyway.

uzi mana
12-19-2020, 04:32 PM
even just shorting the battery for a few minutes works. I have seen it cause other issues though, which requires a re-shorting of the battery, or reset firmware to bring it back to life.

o.k
i try it and tall you if it is working
ty

tsbservice
12-19-2020, 04:40 PM
o.k
i try it and tall you if it is working
ty

Don't do that. You may have luck but you may also turn the machine into a boat anchor.

uzi mana
12-19-2020, 06:08 PM
Don't do that. You may have luck but you may also turn the machine into a boat anchor.

o.k

but What to do?

allan
12-19-2020, 06:26 PM
You know what to do.

Start changing stuff out...

uzi mana
12-19-2020, 07:36 PM
You know what to do.

Start changing stuff out...
like what?

Custom Search