PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous BH458e CAD printing issue

Custom Search

dibyendu2008
12-15-2020, 05:53 AM
Dear Team i had facing a problem from the last week. i had installed a BH458e machine it works fine but when user print from Auto Cad application file size of 34 MB it takes long time to print. also at the time of receiving the print data machines Blue leds are blinking but at the same time no print showing in job list therefore multiple suer cannot see in job list if their print is coming to the machine or not. Also customer wants to print through virtual print server but when i installed pcl driver to the print server it takes long time to print. please help.

qbert69
12-15-2020, 06:42 AM
Dear Team i had facing a problem from the last week. i had installed a BH458e machine it works fine but when user print from Auto Cad application file size of 34 MB it takes long time to print. also at the time of receiving the print data machines Blue leds are blinking but at the same time no print showing in job list therefore multiple suer cannot see in job list if their print is coming to the machine or not. Also customer wants to print through virtual print server but when i installed pcl driver to the print server it takes long time to print. please help.The image is multi- layered and not flattened...use a program such as Bullzip to flatten into a single layer PDF before sending to the printer...[emoji57]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

dibyendu2008
12-15-2020, 06:47 AM
Customer not installed any other third party software due to IT policy restrictions. Please suggest further..

qbert69
12-15-2020, 06:51 AM
Customer not installed any other third party software due to IT policy restrictions. Please suggest further..See if autocad has a flatten before sending to print function...other than that I have no other suggestions. It all boils down to the end user knowing WHY their file is spooling so large...[emoji57]..the file needs to spool/rasterize on the PC before sending to the printer.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Bix
12-15-2020, 08:40 AM
Hi, here are my recommendations:
1. Print as an image.
2. Change these settings in the driver:

Preferences - Quality - Font Settings - Download Printer Fonts: Image. Remove the flag from use printer fonts.
Preferences - Finishing - Paper arrangement - Productivity priority.

This solves many of my slow printing problems.

copier tech
12-15-2020, 09:03 AM
Dear Team i had facing a problem from the last week. i had installed a BH458e machine it works fine but when user print from Auto Cad application file size of 34 MB it takes long time to print. also at the time of receiving the print data machines Blue leds are blinking but at the same time no print showing in job list therefore multiple suer cannot see in job list if their print is coming to the machine or not. Also customer wants to print through virtual print server but when i installed pcl driver to the print server it takes long time to print. please help.

Check they are printing via IP & not WSD port.

And as always check the firmware & function version are on the latest.

CAD files are large so will take a while to print, you should have sold them a fiery with the 8 series.

dibyendu2008
12-15-2020, 11:45 AM
After activating print as an image and finishing option some improvement done. but customer having another 2 machines Ricoh and canon. Both competator machines print faster from Konica Minolta machine. still customer not happy with the printing speed. needs to be improvement. please siggest ....

dibyendu2008
12-15-2020, 11:51 AM
Check they are printing via IP & not WSD port.

And as always check the firmware & function version are on the latest.

CAD files are large so will take a while to print, you should have sold them a fiery with the 8 series.

Printing done via ststic IP Address.
Latest firmware and latest function version installed but no improvement.

Firmware Ver- AA6R0Y0-F000-GC2-09
Function ver- 4.1

# this large files are print very fast on canon and Ricoh machines.
please help

copier tech
12-15-2020, 11:56 AM

Function ver- 4.1

please help

This is not the latest firmware or function version.

You could try both the PCL5 driver & PCL6 compare which one works best for you.

tsbservice
12-15-2020, 06:04 PM

Function ver- 4.1

please help

As mentioned update FW, Function version(latest is 4.2) and also don't forget Printer drivers.
Confirm Network Speed is set to Auto. You can try PS driver instead PCL.

progoffice
12-15-2020, 06:29 PM
Are you using PCL or PS driver? We've had better luck with the PS driver in these environments.

dibyendu2008
12-16-2020, 04:05 PM
Using PCL driver. PS driver makes large data to print. PS driver spool the data very slow.using PCL driver a 34MB dwg CAD file printing is about 2 minutes on other hand Using Ricoh PCL driver it takes 1 minute to print in konica Minolta BH458e machine. Please suggest about to loose the contract.

emujo2
12-16-2020, 08:39 PM
You've been given every suggestion under the sun..here's another.!! Next time try printing on the KM device before you sell it..The file is probably being sent as PS..You can try the KM PS driver, but Km does not support true PS printing (except for the Fiery), it uses PS emulation. The other vendors you mention both support true PS out of the box. KM won't play ball with Microsoft so they won't bless their PS drivers..If you don't care about stapling or duplexing you might try a generic HP driver just for these CAD jobs, but the other suggestions about converting it to a flat file are better..You can't "fix" this..You screwed up by not doing your homework..posting 100 times for "more suggestions please" is just gonna start making every one skip your thread. E

copier tech
12-17-2020, 10:55 AM
You've been given every suggestion under the sun..here's another.!! Next time try printing on the KM device before you sell it..The file is probably being sent as PS..You can try the KM PS driver, but Km does not support true PS printing (except for the Fiery), it uses PS emulation. The other vendors you mention both support true PS out of the box. KM won't play ball with Microsoft so they won't bless their PS drivers..If you don't care about stapling or duplexing you might try a generic HP driver just for these CAD jobs, but the other suggestions about converting it to a flat file are better..You can't "fix" this..You screwed up by not doing your homework..posting 100 times for "more suggestions please" is just gonna start making every one skip your thread. E

I did suggest he gets a fiery for this client, after all this is what they were designed for!

If he has a few contacts in the trade could get a used one for peanuts.

Custom Search