PDA

View Full Version : C364 not printing black

Custom Search

Chris@paloffice.com
12-15-2020, 10:22 PM
I have a c364 that refuses to print in black. Internals, customer network, faxes. All blank. Printing a demo page... the colors are beautiful but the blacks are just missing. Drums turning but no image is being laid down. I had a C203 do the exact same thing about 5-7 years ago but don't remember my solution. I'm going to try firmware but I was looking for other areas to look at while I'm on site. I appreciate your help!

Phil B.
12-15-2020, 10:27 PM
I have a c364 that refuses to print in black. Internals, customer network, faxes. All blank. Printing a demo page... the colors are beautiful but the blacks are just missing. Drums turning but no image is being laid down. I had a C203 do the exact same thing about 5-7 years ago but don't remember my solution. I'm going to try firmware but I was looking for other areas to look at while I'm on site. I appreciate your help!

are the dev units turning?

what about the K laser?

it sounds like a hardware problem not software.

when did this problem pop up?

what's the count on PM parts and supplies?

Phil B. ' The Dentist '

Synthohol
12-15-2020, 10:43 PM
jig the door and WTB and shine flashlight on drum during copy see if it prints a black streak.
you said the drums are turning, ho 'bout the DV unit? does the mag roller have a nice "brush" on it or are there bare spots?

Reed
12-16-2020, 06:11 AM
Check Developer unit. Maybe one of the gears on the back of the unit is bad so that the developer unit isn't turning

Gift
12-16-2020, 07:11 AM
Or a faulty DV clutch: wipe a little dev away from the mag roller so there's a free sport, then re-insert to the machine, let it run and then check if the mag roller turned. If the spot is thill there it's proably a drive or clutch related issue.

tsbservice
12-16-2020, 07:39 AM
If anything mentioned fails I would be looking at black developer unit solenoid SD4 (A161M20300 Flapper solenoid).

Blizzoo
12-16-2020, 10:08 AM
If everything mentioned above doesn't solve try to jig front door, pull half-way the charge cleaning rod for K and do a copy/print. You should get a black horizontal line in the same position where the cleaning tip has been pulled to revealing that the HV is suppliyng charge

copier tech
12-16-2020, 12:29 PM

Stop the machine half way through printing, check to see if your black image is on the belt?

MVPunisher
12-16-2020, 12:56 PM
If anything mentioned fails I would be looking at black developer unit solenoid SD4 (A161M20300 Flapper solenoid).

I had this solenoid fix a similar issue for me twice. Once it was just gummed up from the pad and the other time it failed..

kingarthur
12-23-2020, 12:45 PM
Or a faulty DV clutch: wipe a little dev away from the mag roller so there's a free sport, then re-insert to the machine, let it run and then check if the mag roller turned. If the spot is thill there it's proably a drive or clutch related issue.

I totally agree....this is basic fault finding. Whenever I've had this problem, it's been the gear on the drive unit that meshes with the DV unit and the one on the end of the DV unit have both failed....I replace the DV unit, and strip down the main drive unit & replace the gear....haven't purchased a new drive unit for years....

copier tech
12-23-2020, 04:13 PM

Now you've been given help, any update on you one & only ever post?

REGSIS
12-24-2020, 07:25 AM

Agree!
Solenoid which releases and stop black dev clutch would be my first suspect on a high meter machine (or old one).
C364 is 7 years old at least.
Open PWB box and take out the solenoid.
Remove old sponge (od what is left of) and glue a thin layer of cardboard.

Better than new!

TEST10
11-20-2023, 05:26 AM

Could you please explain to me what function this solenoid has, because when I disconnect it I recover the black printing!

TEST10
11-20-2023, 05:30 AM
¡De acuerdo!

El solenoide que libera y detiene el embrague de desarrollo negro sería mi primer sospechoso en una máquina de medidor alto (o una vieja).
C364 tiene al menos 7 años.
Abra la caja PWB y saque el solenoide.
Retire la esponja vieja (o lo que quede) y pegue una fina capa de cartón.

¡Mejor que nuevo!

Under what circumstances should the unit brake, what is its function?

REGSIS
11-20-2023, 03:43 PM
[LIST]

Under what circumstances should the unit brake, what is its function?

Its function is to release and stop rotation of developing unit at specific time.
Sponge on solenoid acts as isolator, if it's worn timing is wrong.
Nothing is broken, solenoid works, all you have to do is to repair the isolator (sponge) with a piece of cardboard.
Or buy a new part but it will last only 5-7 years.

Custom Search