PDA

View Full Version : Di 650 leaves "bar code" on pages

Custom Search

fixthecopier
11-14-2008, 12:56 AM
I have seen this before, but it has been so long I cannot remember the fix, and now it has popped up on a machine for a " Problem Child" customer, who called me with it at 10 am and is irritated that it is not fixed by now. The machine seems to be leaving a black patch that somewhat looks like a bar code, it is not on every page. May run 100 or 10, there is no pattern. I do not think that in the past that the drum blade was the problem. The patch is well defined, and none of the text behind it is smeared. I know someone else has had this, please refresh my memory.

Hansoon
11-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Are you talking about this phenomena?

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/10553-minolta-di-450-anybody-seen-before.html

Its the cleaning blade not sitting well for the reasons mentioned in the posts + aftermarket drums can do this. Been using aftermarket drums from the same supplier (Intercopy) for years without problems when suddenly this issue developed. Tried all kinds of blades including OEM with it but the "bar code" didn't go away completely. I'm using now AEG made drums from Germany with OEM blades and for the moment the problem didn't came up yet. Likely OEM drums and blades will not have the issue too.
Also blade flipping occurred often with those Intercopy drums lately causing the mylar under the cleaning blade to creep under the holder of the cleaning blade (see image in the other thread) thus engraving the situation even more.

Hans

fixthecopier
11-15-2008, 12:08 PM
That is not quite it. The patch I am getting is a well defined rectangular block about 2 to 2 1/2 inches by 1 inch. When I checked it again, the mark was showing up about 1 out of every 10 pages. The mark stays in the same spot. I am thinking that it is the density patch, and the machine is out of time and not cleaning it.

JSC
11-15-2008, 01:18 PM
I do remember there being cleaning blade issues with this machine that gives the fault that you discribe. is it a gen Minolta blade?

fixthecopier
11-15-2008, 03:29 PM
I am sure it is not OEM. Since it is in a repeatable pattern, I guess I will change the blade to see if it makes a difference.
I suppose I brought some of this on myself by not fixing it the last time I saw it on a machine. The idiots had wrecked the horizontal transport, which required me to remove it and carry it down 2 flights of stairs, and across 200 yards of parking lot to get to my truck and back to the shop, repair it, take it back and reinstall. At the end of the task, one of the people in the room pointed to the "bar code " looking mark on the document, and ask about it. Being quick on my feet, and not wanting to deal with another problem, I replied " that mark is supposed to be there, it is a new tracking device the government is testing on copiers. They will know, with the help of the microscopic camera hidden behind the control panel, that you made that copy in this building, on this day, at this moment. Once we get the bugs out, you will not even notice it because it will be a watermark in the background." I was being a smart ass, but when I saw that he was eating up everything I was saying, I left and went to do other calls. Of course this guy is not dumb so I have to fix it.

fixthecopier
11-19-2008, 11:59 PM
After going back and looking a little closer, the fix was a new drum blade. The problem was a cheap re manufactured drum blade. The bar code was the density patch not being cleaned off completely. The blade is working fine on normal documents, but not cleaning all of that patch. Nothing else smears, the text is perfect and there are no spots. Thanks for the response.

Custom Search