PDA

View Full Version : C3351i Network TWAIN scanning

Custom Search

Konicatech
12-16-2020, 08:00 PM
Anyone any idea how to set this up? Downloaded twain driver and installed it but the manual it comes with doesn't state how to actually get it working.

The driver installs through an automatic setup and then there is no application to launch or anything..

Edit sorry Bizhub C3350i

bsm2
12-16-2020, 08:02 PM
You have to configure the twain driver under programs kyocera.

Why are you using twain?

99.99 percent scan to folder or email than import.

BillyCarpenter
12-16-2020, 08:03 PM
https://downloads.kyoceradocumentsolutions.com.au/Documentation/Documentation/TWAIN-WIA_DRIVER_OG_R3.pdf

Konicatech
12-16-2020, 08:14 PM
Hi sorry guys its not a kyocera its a Konica Bizhub C3350i (not c3351i as I put in the title)

Konicatech
12-16-2020, 08:14 PM
Also needs twain for a specific program

tsbservice
12-16-2020, 08:18 PM
Are you sure model is C3351i?
Nevertheless twain scanning is pull scan, you really will make your customers more happy if setup push scan(SMB, email,FTP).

bsm2
12-16-2020, 08:19 PM
open the app should be setting to select twain driver.

However some Konice twain drivers don't work with some programs. If the driver not showing up contact the software company an ask.

Been through this before some software only works with Hp equipment etc....

Konicatech
12-16-2020, 08:26 PM
Are you sure model is C3351i?
Nevertheless twain scanning is pull scan, you really will make your customers more happy if setup push scan(SMB, email,FTP).

C3350i sorry. Needs to be twain

emujo2
12-16-2020, 08:28 PM
Open an app that allows you to "import from scanner or camera" Both Adobe and Word have this feature. The 1st time through the app will ask you where the scan is coming from (IP and some other basic settings). I have seen some programs that don't loke the format it scans in (this will not be a PDF..) and in some cases you need to go back and setup SMB scanning..The 3350i does offer a shared HDD that can be used to scan docs to, then users connect and pull the docs from the HDD. After the intial connection it looks just like a push scan using SMB. E

Konicatech
12-16-2020, 08:32 PM
Open an app that allows you to "import from scanner or camera" Both Adobe and Word have this feature. The 1st time through the app will ask you where the scan is coming from (IP and some other basic settings). I have seen some programs that don't loke the format it scans in (this will not be a PDF..) and in some cases you need to go back and setup SMB scanning..The 3350i does offer a shared HDD that can be used to scan docs to, then users connect and pull the docs from the HDD. After the intial connection it looks just like a push scan using SMB. E

Thanks will try this, so if I initially do it through word and set it up do you think it will then work with other programs? They have SMB just now but not suitable for the health software they scan to.

Konicatech
12-16-2020, 08:33 PM
Also, is there not some way of getting this machine to show up as a scanner under windows scanners and cameras?

tsbservice
12-16-2020, 08:39 PM
...The 3350i does offer a shared HDD that can be used to scan docs to, then users connect and pull the docs from the HDD. After the intial connection it looks just like a push scan using SMB. E

This will and work great plus easy to setup but has one big problem - KM limits HDD boxes to store up to 200 docs. So they have to clean Box or it will fill up and block machine till cleared.

Custom Search