PDA

View Full Version : C227 no longer scanning to email

Custom Search

Gaffers01
12-18-2020, 10:44 AM
I have a customer that has a C227 which they scan to email, all was working fine until they had a new HIHI phone system installed.

The problem is no one is taking responsibility for the problem, they have the telephone people saying its not them,
the email provider telling them its not them and there network people saying its not them.

The customer understands it was working before the telephones were installed but still giving me grief because its my device thats not working.

The real question I have has anyone had experience of phone systems causing issues with the email on a machine?

Blizzoo
12-18-2020, 11:37 AM
Maybe the DNS has changed on the new network and the machine still got old DNS settings?

Gaffers01
12-18-2020, 11:42 AM
First thing I did was check the network addresses, ran on DHCP then checked setting with one of the pc's onsite, but nothing had changed.

Haaland
12-18-2020, 01:58 PM
Could it be SSL Certificate?
Not sure about the C227, but the C284e and similar sometimes stop scanning because of SSL certificate is not longer valid.

Blizzoo
12-18-2020, 02:01 PM
Do a ping test to google for example 8.8.8.8 to check replays and make sure you can login into that email account if possible to check password or any other issues

BillyCarpenter
12-18-2020, 02:51 PM
What error message are you getting on the copier?

Start with the obvious and make sure the password hasn't changed for the email account.

Try flushing the DNS records.

Run tracert to the email server to make sure it's not down.

Check your DNS settings on the copier.

You can try entering the IP address of the email server instead of the host name and see if that works.

If all else fails, wait for Ken, slim or one of the other network guru's to respond.

tsbservice
12-18-2020, 04:29 PM
I have a customer that has a C227 which they scan to email, all was working fine until they had a new HIHI phone system installed.

The problem is no one is taking responsibility for the problem, they have the telephone people saying its not them,
the email provider telling them its not them and there network people saying its not them.

The customer understands it was working before the telephones were installed but still giving me grief because its my device thats not working.

The real question I have has anyone had experience of phone systems causing issues with the email on a machine?

Are you sure that problem started with their new phone system. May be coincidence or even not related.
What was checked? Does this machine has fax option?

M94
12-18-2020, 05:20 PM
Definitely consider what TSB is saying. Coincidence happens and you don't want to be stuck on an assumption while glazing over something else. That being said though were the phones VOIP? I know we deal with a lot of them locally and while it's not very common I have seen the setup of those types of service negatively impact network health, especially if the people who are dealing with it are unfamiliar. Best of luck to you.

copier addict
12-18-2020, 05:29 PM
First thing I did was check the network addresses, ran on DHCP then checked setting with one of the pc's onsite, but nothing had changed.

Turn on the network error code display and let us know what error code is being generated.

tsbservice
12-18-2020, 05:56 PM
Turn on the network error code display and let us know what error code is being generated.

👍 forgot to mention that maybe because when setup new machine I always turn on network error code display via [Maintenance] - [Network Error Code Display Setting].

bsm2
12-18-2020, 06:05 PM
Recheck network settings also see if the phone system put in a sonic wall or some other port blocker.

emujo2
12-18-2020, 07:54 PM
HIHI is a VOIP solution..Is HIHI also their ISP? Did HIHI add a new router for their systems..I would put py laptop on their network, grab an IP and verify I could get out to wwww. If so I would run telnet and see if I wa able to access the email server and ports the machine is using..My guess is you will find these ports now blocked. Standard email ports for the machine are 25 (no authentication), and various ports for SSL (465 usually). The best test is to give your laptop the same IP scheme as the copier and test the above using these settings. If you have a long enough cabel try running the Cat6 cable directly back to an open port on the router..If the jack runs back to a new mananged switch you may want to see if some kind of security setting is blocking here..IMHO..if this all started after the VOIP system was installed, this is where the issue is..My billable timer would b have started already. E

copier tech
12-18-2020, 09:48 PM

Set the copier to DHCP allow it to pull the new settings then try a test scan.

tsbservice
12-18-2020, 09:56 PM

Set the copier to DHCP allow it to pull the new settings then try a test scan.
Looks he already did it.

Custom Search