PDA

View Full Version : Black line 658e

Custom Search

Genotrom
12-18-2020, 06:26 PM
Hi, I have a bizhub 658e with a perfectly linear black line on the sheet.
The drum is 85%. Last time the drum expired earlier than expected. But this time the line does it from both sides. I don't remember if he has already had a similar problem.
Pulling out the drum, it seems to me that I saw the charge roll scored in that point. Unfortunately it can also be seen by turning the sheet but the position of the row is always the same.
The printer has 450k and has been regularly maintained. Do the drums last so short for you too?

tsbservice
12-18-2020, 06:50 PM
Some foreign particle contaminate drum charge you can try to disassembly drum unit and clean it but ultimately new drum unit may be needed.
Btw, good to have French tech here.

allan
12-18-2020, 07:04 PM
Does the drum show a scar there?

Genotrom
12-18-2020, 07:11 PM
yes I noticed a scar in the gray roller under the drum.
It's quite small, I was hoping it was dirty but it actually looks hollowed out.
Thank you guys

allan
12-18-2020, 07:33 PM
Gray roller? What roller are you referring to? Developer roller?

If your OPC drum is scratched there is not much you can do but change it.

Genotrom
12-18-2020, 07:54 PM
Gray roller? What roller are you referring to? Developer roller?
If your OPC drum is scratched there is not much you can do but change it.

Under the surface of the drum there is a little roller gray, I believe that in English it is called the charge roll. :cool:
https://crsimagehosting.com/wp-content/uploads/Ricoh-MPC2500-PCR.jpg

tsbservice
12-18-2020, 07:58 PM
Under the surface of the drum there is a little roller gray, I believe that in English it is called the charge roll. :cool:
https://crsimagehosting.com/wp-content/uploads/Ricoh-MPC2500-PCR.jpg

Yes it is. But it's black color not grey :)

EarthKmTech
12-19-2020, 12:36 AM
DR314's rarely ever last the stated life in my experience, this is very common, just replace the drum unit.

Also note, DR313K drums fit and work in these machines also, but dont have the fancy extra pcr cleaning facilities to get the extra yeild. Make sure someone isnt fitting the DR313K's in error. Though they do work but will fail around 50%

blackcat4866
12-19-2020, 12:40 AM
DR314's rarely ever last the stated life in my experience, this is very common, just replace the drum unit.

Also note, DR313K drums fit and work in these machines also, but dont have the fancy extra pcr cleaning facilities to get the extra yeild. Make sure someone isnt fitting the DR313K's in error. Though they do work but will fail around 50%

I wondered! Good to know, thanks. =^..^=

Custom Search