PDA

View Full Version : anyone else experiencing nightmares with office365 Authenticated SMTP?

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
12-19-2020, 11:36 PM
got one account where everything has been tried

even disabling MFA, removing conditional access policies,, switching off security defaults, making sure basic authentication is still allowed and SMTP authentication is enabled.

still get error 535 (login fail)

does the same on my test machine at home.

port 587 definitely not blocked.

have also tried with app password for this account with MFA back on and still does the same.

as a test tried settings with thunderbird mail application which also fails with login error to smtp.office365.com on port 587. yet pulls the contents of the inbox using same credentials from imap server.

M$ helpdesk cant work it out either.

good news is OAuth is coming to i series next year so none of this rubbish will be required anymore, login will be similar to pc using the web browser gui.

on a side note i have my own office365 account I was using for scanning and that’s stopped working too with 535 login error. I gave up and just set my machine up for direct send, i only scan to myself anyway. this client wants to send external too.

Out of interest, this is the blocked sign in attempt from my mfp logged in my 365 account:

Authentication requirement
Single-factor authentication
Status
Failure
Sign-in error code
Failure reason
Access has been blocked by Conditional Access policies. The access policy does not allow token issuance.

i don’t have any freeking policies setup.

rrrohan
12-20-2020, 12:32 AM
I just setup anonymous relay so auth not req

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Kenny
01-06-2021, 04:58 PM
EarthKmTech

sorry to not be helpful on your post but wanted to ask a question,

what is OAuth? i have a customer that has actually asked if a Konica C308 supports Oauth 2.0.

thank you.

copier tech
01-06-2021, 06:12 PM
got one account where everything has been tried

even disabling MFA, removing conditional access policies,, switching off security defaults, making sure basic authentication is still allowed and SMTP authentication is enabled.

still get error 535 (login fail)

does the same on my test machine at home.

port 587 definitely not blocked.

have also tried with app password for this account with MFA back on and still does the same.

as a test tried settings with thunderbird mail application which also fails with login error to smtp.office365.com on port 587. yet pulls the contents of the inbox using same credentials from imap server.

M$ helpdesk cant work it out either.

good news is OAuth is coming to i series next year so none of this rubbish will be required anymore, login will be similar to pc using the web browser gui.

on a side note i have my own office365 account I was using for scanning and that’s stopped working too with 535 login error. I gave up and just set my machine up for direct send, i only scan to myself anyway. this client wants to send external too.

Out of interest, this is the blocked sign in attempt from my mfp logged in my 365 account:

Authentication requirement
Single-factor authentication
Status
Failure
Sign-in error code
Failure reason
Access has been blocked by Conditional Access policies. The access policy does not allow token issuance.

i don’t have any freeking policies setup.

When I face this issue I set the machine up with a known working gmail account using post 587 just to send test scans.

mojorolla
01-06-2021, 06:37 PM
When I face this issue I set the machine up with a known working gmail account using post 587 just to send test scans.
Agreed. I have set 2 of these new i series up in the past week with gmail and both worked great. I create the account and then have the customer create and enter the password. I give them access to the account and explain if they change the password, it will no longer work. Or change the password and we can bill you...
This gives me extra time to fight the i series machine itself as this box has more bugs than a kid with lice.

:)

Custom Search