PDA

View Full Version : Jams Tray 2 bizhub 4 series printers

Custom Search

Genotrom
12-21-2020, 11:13 AM
I buy several used Series 4 printers. All of them (bizhub c284e, c364e, c454e) very often have one problem in common: tray 2 jam. Replacing the rollers does not solve the solution. The paper jams a few centimeters after the rollers.

The solution is to clean the gray rollers but in some cases, it is not a permanent solution. Someone advised me to replace these springs but I wanted to know if you have had any experience. Thanks!

Synthohol
12-21-2020, 12:31 PM
what is the jam code?
probably the 1 way bearings that drive the rollers.
clean the needle bearings and scuff the shafts where the needles ride.

qbert69
12-21-2020, 01:08 PM
what is the jam code?
probably the 1 way bearings that drive the rollers.
clean the needle bearings and scuff the shafts where the needles ride.Spot On!!! We had some 808's that had about 1.5 million copies on them that were misfeeding... took out feed units and where the one way bearings are, the shafts were polished SLICK!!! Slick shaft = slip shaft!!! Took some 3M green scrub pad, abraded the shafts linearly with the shaft NOT IN THE ROTATION DIRECTION!!!...put a few drops of silicone oil in the bearing & slipped back on the shaft!!! No more slippage!!! NOTE!!!: This has to be done to the pickup and feed shafts with the one way bearings!!! ALSO, take the feed units out...open the trays, open the side doors, remove about 6 screws, remove approximately 3 connectors and you have your feed unit out of the machine...SIMPLE!!![emoji16][emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

tsbservice
12-21-2020, 01:25 PM
Please always post jam code especially when talking for paper jams. Easy to test, swap rollers and one ways from tray one to tray two. But it would be one ways 99%.

rrrohan
12-21-2020, 03:35 PM
Doesnt the clutch that drive transport rollers have a spring that comes out of its position or am I thinking of the wrong model

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

allan
12-21-2020, 03:44 PM
Will guess its J-2002?
Or even J-99XX

KMFLT3CH
12-21-2020, 04:31 PM
The solution is to clean the gray rollers but in some cases, it is not a permanent solution. Someone advised me to replace these springs but I wanted to know if you have had any experience. Thanks!

Correct, you'll need to replace the 3 springs next to the white plastic rollers with the newer style ones: 47676
I would also recommend replacing the long grey drive roller with the newer style as well. 47677

Springs x 3 - A64J815500
Roller x 1 - A5C1P00100

If you can't get ahold of the parts, just add some metal washer shims to the door, you can find them at any hardware store. I've done this a dozen times and never got a call back!

Genotrom
12-21-2020, 06:34 PM
Yes, the code is J2002Thanks for your valuable advice!
Although personally I don't understand why, after cleaning the gray rollers, there are no more jams. Yet they don't look dirty.

EarthKmTech
12-22-2020, 09:22 AM
Correct, you'll need to replace the 3 springs next to the white plastic rollers with the newer style ones: 47676
I would also recommend replacing the long grey drive roller with the newer style as well. 47677

Springs x 3 - A64J815500
Roller x 1 - A5C1P00100

If you can't get ahold of the parts, just add some metal washer shims to the door, you can find them at any hardware store. I've done this a dozen times and never got a call back!

The modification roller can annoy some customers with the extra noise generated by the ribbed (for her pleasure) surface of the roller. I give them the option of, its either that noise, or jams, you choose. (after showing the roller) and that stops the whinging.

Crappy, dusty paper and harsh dusty environments wear the grey factory roller to a racing slick in as little as 30k pages and 2002 jams start. I keep about 20 in stock, once fitted this problem is solved, forever, I don't have any old serial # machines left with the soft springs so dont carry them anymore.

Genotrom
12-23-2020, 01:54 PM
Yesterday I picked up 8 bizhub C454e. Total counter: 80k, 90k, 400k, 100k, etc. so it is not due to excessive use of the printer.
7 out of 8 have these problems:
- Tray 2 jam and Tray 3 jam.
These are used printers and I have seen that they also have version 7, so someone has maintained them.The jams have started now because they are not present in their history.

After cleaning the gray rollers, everything starts working again but it is not known for how long.
These printers have been inactive for several months. Maybe the gears and clutches need a good cleaning. We'll see!

Gift
12-23-2020, 02:06 PM
for her pleasure

;););)

Yeah we also had to undo this mod from time to time thanks to the noise issue. This series is also very sensitive when it comes to pre-printed paper when it comes with too much offset powder. Almost no chance to feed some of these sorts unless you can put it in tray 1 (tray 1 feeds directly to the reg roller).

EarthKmTech
12-25-2020, 06:46 AM
;););)

Yeah we also had to undo this mod from time to time thanks to the noise issue. This series is also very sensitive when it comes to pre-printed paper when it comes with too much offset powder. Almost no chance to feed some of these sorts unless you can put it in tray 1 (tray 1 feeds directly to the reg roller).

Yep, i do the same thing.

BTW you can silence the grrrrrr noise from the high traction mod roller by applying thick grease to the axle of the white pressure rollers that touch it - it is those rattling around on their shaft that makes all the racket.

The noise will be attrocious in thick paper mode too due to the lower mm per second transport speed.

I'm hoping they release a modification roller for the i series too as they have gone back to the terrible solid black roller again.

Custom Search