PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C227, paper jam in drawer 3 & 4 ??

Custom Search

GeorgeBest
12-21-2020, 03:45 PM
Hi,

This C227 gives an paper jam on both cassettes 3 and 4 (?)
It stucks as if the registtation on both drawers doesn't work, see the paper in the picture after the jam.

not much experience on this model

anyone?
Thanks in advance

gr George47674

BillyCarpenter
12-21-2020, 04:11 PM
There are no individual registration rollers for cassettes. Not that I've ever seen. I'm not familiar with this model but I'd look in the service manual (if you have one?) for a clue of what's causing the jam. It should help you narrow it down.

Lastly: Is that a picture of the jammed page after you removed it from the copier? There's nothing to be gained by looking at that. :D

copier addict
12-21-2020, 04:24 PM
Hi,

This C227 gives an paper jam on both cassettes 3 and 4 (?)
It stucks as if the registtation on both drawers doesn't work, see the paper in the picture after the jam.

not much experience on this model

anyone?
Thanks in advance

gr George47674

Is the jam occurring at the same place every time?
What jam code is being generated?

allan
12-21-2020, 04:27 PM
Jam code?

GeorgeBest
12-21-2020, 04:31 PM
error 14-01

changed the complete pickup unit with another machine, no results . . .

Is the jam occurring at the same place every time?
What jam code is being generated?

GeorgeBest
14-01

Jam code?

BillyCarpenter
You say tray 3 & 4 are jamming? I'm assuming that tray 1 & 2 are working fine?

copier addict
12-21-2020, 04:38 PM
error 14-01

changed the complete pickup unit with another machine, no results . . .

J14-01 is specific to tray 4. Is that the feed assembly you swapped?
The manual says the paper isn't making it to PS123, which is the vertical transport sensor on tray 4 feed assembly.

GeorgeBest
12-21-2020, 04:56 PM
it started with jam on the tray4, customer said it had never worked. (machine sold half december)

This is what did, I noticed that the paper did stuck at the seperation roller, as if the registration did not feed.

Si I simulated this on tray 3, disconnect the connector of the sep motor, and got the same problem on tray3
So I thought to change the motor from tray 3 tot tray 4 because I thought it might be the sep motor from tray4 was defect and both motors were the same . . .

but no results non that, it got worse, because when I put the motor back on tray 3, now the same problem on tray 3 !! (?)

and yes, the belt is in the right place, on both units . . .

So, what's going on here . .

J14-01 is specific to tray 4. Is that the feed assembly you swapped?
The manual says the paper isn't making it to PS123, which is the vertical transport sensor on tray 4 feed assembly.

GeorgeBest
12-21-2020, 04:57 PM
1 & 2 are fine

You say tray 3 & 4 are jamming? I'm assuming that tray 1 & 2 are working fine?

BillyCarpenter
12-21-2020, 05:07 PM
it started with jam on the tray4, customer said it had never worked. (machine sold half december)

This is what did, I noticed that the paper did stuck at the seperation roller, as if the registration did not feed.

Si I simulated this on tray 3, disconnect the connector of the sep motor, and got the same problem on tray3
So I thought to change the motor from tray 3 tot tray 4 because I thought it might be the sep motor from tray4 was defect and both motors were the same . . .

but no results non that, it got worse, because when I put the motor back on tray 3, now the same problem on tray 3 !! (?)

I THINK I get the gist of what you're saying. You say the paper isn't making it past the separation roller. I'm with you up until this point. But what is a "separation" motor? You lost me right there. I think I'd start with replacing all the feed rollers @ tray 4 and go back and correct the problem that you caused @ tray 3.

copier addict
12-21-2020, 05:19 PM

I am going to assume that when you say sep motor you actually mean the feed motor.
So, if the pick-up roller is turning but the feed roller is not then the issue would have to be with either the feed roller or the one way bearing beside the feed roller because both the pick-up roller and feed roller are driven by the same motor. There are also the three small gears within the assembly that can wear and cause feed issues.
Also check that the sep roller torque limiter hasn't seized.

tsbservice
12-21-2020, 05:29 PM
From what I understand he basically assumed that separation roller isn't driven then disconnected 3 drawer feeed clutch of course it won't work either then. So he put feed clutch of 3rd tray in place of the one for 4th tray and at the end they both won't work. Some pictures may come useful. Also could be installation of additional drawers went wrong.

GeorgeBest
12-21-2020, 05:32 PM
On both trays ?
there are 2 motors, as `I said, diconnected one (left) motor on tray 3, got the same jam.
new machine, so assume that the torque limiter hasn't seized and gears did not wear.

But thanks for responce, continue to look for it tomorrow . . . hoping to get the solution

I am going to assume that when you say sep motor you actually mean the feed motor.
So, if the pick-up roller is turning but the feed roller is not then the issue would have to be with either the feed roller or the one way bearing beside the feed roller because both the pick-up roller and feed roller are driven by the same motor. There are also the three small gears within the assembly that can wear and cause feed issues.

BillyCarpenter
12-21-2020, 05:38 PM
On both trays ?
there are 2 motors, as `I said, diconnected one (left) motor on tray 3, got the same jam.
new machine, so assume that the torque limiter hasn't seized and gears did not wear.

But thanks for responce, continue to look for it tomorrow . . . hoping to get the solution

Having worn feed tires will give you the same jam as when you unplugged the feed motor. That's because the paper isn't making it to the first PF sensor...the paper isn't moving out of the tray. You're going about this all wrong. Inspect the entire PF unit - gears, rollers, and check for any binding...make sure it turns freely. I'd go ahead and replace all the feed rollers and once you're done let us know if it works.

Genotrom
12-21-2020, 06:36 PM
Try running the load checks to see if power is coming. It may have some power problems.

lartis.aineias
12-21-2020, 09:23 PM
If the paper is stuck on registration roller, is 90% registration clutch!

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G975F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

GeorgeBest
12-22-2020, 02:28 PM
4768447685I mean the registration motor yes, the pickup and feed is driven by one motor yes, but the registration is driven bij the second motor, that's were the problem is

larweedad
12-22-2020, 03:06 PM
Try this idea. Had one new out of the box jam every time. Ordered the wrong cabinet for that model.

GeorgeBest
12-22-2020, 03:15 PM
Haha . . . it's an idea yep. Wish it was :cool:

Try this idea. Had one new out of the box jam every time. Ordered the wrong cabinet for that model.

copier addict
12-22-2020, 04:17 PM
4768447685I mean the registration motor yes, the pickup and feed is driven by one motor yes, but the registration is driven bij the second motor, that's were the problem is

I think there is a bit of a communication issue here.
When you say "registration" are you talking about the vertical transport roller?

GeorgeBest
12-22-2020, 09:48 PM
yeah you're right, what I mean is the vertical transport roller, in both pickup units there is an vertical transport roller that's driven by a motor.
So it looks like both motors don't get the signal to run because it jams just when reaching the roller. (in tray3 and 4)

I think there is a bit of a communication issue here.
When you say "registration" are you talking about the vertical transport roller?

Custom Search