PDA

View Full Version : KM c545e IP not accessible in google for scanning

Custom Search

patrickjlc
12-22-2020, 12:59 AM
Hello, i have a C454e that I installed using the latest driver, and it reads the machine IP and installs it no problem, same with all the other computers on the network.
My problem is trying to setup the scanner, when I put the copiers IP on the google search bar, it comes as not found/ and with the not safe website address.

My question is could the machine have security setting? We had a 454e and it connects fine thru google and the konica setup page.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

afterhours
12-22-2020, 01:00 AM
Hello, i have a C454e that I installed using the latest driver, and it reads the machine IP and installs it no problem, same with all the other computers on the network.
My problem is trying to setup the scanner, when I put the copiers IP on the google search bar, it comes as not found/ and with the not safe website address.

My question is could the machine have security setting? We had a 454e and it connects fine thru google and the konica setup page.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using TapatalkYou should have an option to continue to the website anyways.

Maybe it says advanced or something like that.

You can also try a different browser like Firefox.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

patrickjlc
12-22-2020, 01:04 AM
You should have an option to continue to the website anyways.

Maybe it says advanced or something like that.

You can also try a different browser like Firefox.

Sent from my SM-G981U using TapatalkOk, thru chrome it didn't show anything to go advanced. Will try with firefox or windows. Thanks

BillyCarpenter
12-22-2020, 01:07 AM

Thanks for your help.

You mean like the image below? Your may be a little different. Just click on the advanced button or whatever tab you have and you should be able to connect. See image below:

afterhours
12-22-2020, 01:09 AM
Yes

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

patrickjlc
12-22-2020, 02:54 AM
You mean like the image below? Your may be a little different. Just click on the advanced button or whatever tab you have and you should be able to connect. See image below:

47679No, i type the Ip, get the little triangle on the searchbar next to the ip numbers and a page not working screen...

rrrohan
12-22-2020, 02:58 AM
Never heard of that model

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

patrickjlc
12-22-2020, 03:01 AM
Never heard of that model

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using TapatalkIts a c454e. Typo on the title.

lartis.aineias
12-22-2020, 06:24 AM
try with another pc or (laptop better) with cross cable!

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G975F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

BillyCarpenter
12-22-2020, 01:27 PM
No, i type the Ip, get the little triangle on the searchbar next to the ip numbers and a page not working screen...

Do you have the copier set on the same network range?

Synthohol
12-22-2020, 01:43 PM
are you typing in the search bar (incorrect) or the address bar? (correct)

patrickjlc
12-22-2020, 01:45 PM
Do you have the copier set on the same network range?Yes, i had installed a b/w 454e and sold them a color one to upgrade. It connects fine to print, even from my iphone. But can't access it to set up scan.

I am going to bring another color machine to test or swap. The b/w had no issues. I was thinking it could be a firewall or anti-virus issue.

patrickjlc
12-22-2020, 02:09 PM
It connects fine. Tried on two computer. Tried with a different ip, vonnected ok. But still had no access to it. Even their IT guy had no answer...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201222/c7d97d215e46c0d15328a03fbf3c9cdb.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201222/fd311e0f5072ec5c6f5e5e334bdf6c20.jpg

Synthohol
12-22-2020, 02:14 PM
make sure PSWC is turned on and the HDD is set to installed.

emujo2
12-22-2020, 02:27 PM
make sure PSWC is turned on and the HDD is set to installed.

Stole my thunder..BTW the PWSC setting is called HTTP server in admin..if this is set to off you will never connect to the web page..E

emujo2
12-22-2020, 02:33 PM
if you are trying to find the IP address using google (which your post says) this would be impossible unless you have configure the MFP to be located in a public facing DMZ..and since the 192.168 X.X range is a private IP range it would never work anyway (Finally, net+ training pays off..lol)..I assume you really meant you are trying to open the web page of the machine by using some web browser from you own private network located on the same 192.168. scheme..I'm trying to rule out that you are really trying to see this as a scanner within google. E

srvctec
12-22-2020, 03:12 PM
If none of what has already been suggested works (try ALL the suggestions!!), then it might be time for a Clear All Data in CE mode, after which you will have to set up all network settings again.

patrickjlc
12-22-2020, 03:48 PM
make sure PSWC is turned on and the HDD is set to installed.How would i do that, thru tech mode? I just started using KM nachines.

patrickjlc
12-22-2020, 03:50 PM
Stole my thunder..BTW the PWSC setting is called HTTP server in admin..if this is set to off you will never connect to the web page..EWould that be under network settings on administrator mode?

patrickjlc
12-22-2020, 03:53 PM
if you are trying to find the IP address using google (which your post says) this would be impossible unless you have configure the MFP to be located in a public facing DMZ..and since the 192.168 X.X range is a private IP range it would never work anyway (Finally, net+ training pays off..lol)..I assume you really meant you are trying to open the web page of the machine by using some web browser from you own private network located on the same 192.168. scheme..I'm trying to rule out that you are really trying to see this as a scanner within google. EYes, the computers and printer are in the same network. What I am trying to do is access the machine once it is installed on the network to set up the scanning. And for that I have to type the machines ip in the search bar.

patrickjlc
12-22-2020, 04:17 PM
Yes, the computers and printer are in the same network. What I am trying to do is access the machine once it is installed on the network to set up the scanning. And for that I have to type the machines ip in the search bar.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using TapatalkI used their own computers,on the regular b/w we had there you would install the machine, then from the computer once you created a folfer with the permissions and so on, you would then type the machine ip to complete the set up.

On the B/W it would. Example page https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201222/b1079f140727c98f6730e914c9bbc29c.jpg

Synthohol
12-22-2020, 05:00 PM
I'm confused.
You keep saying search bar. You type the IP in the address bar. Totally dufferent.

patrickjlc
12-22-2020, 05:22 PM
make sure PSWC is turned on and the HDD is set to installed.The HDD was set to uninstalled, I set it to ON and rebooted it. Waiting for it to restart to get PSWC setting. Thsnks for your help

tsbservice
12-22-2020, 05:27 PM
So you can't access PSWC to setup scan to folder? If anything said was tried you have nothing to lose but to try what srvctec suggested. Do Initialize all from Service mode and start on clear. Used with caution this cures a lot of strange problems.

patrickjlc
12-22-2020, 05:38 PM
Now I get why it would not work. The HDD has a password and we don't have the password. I bought it from a dealer after it came back from lease.

I will get the other machine. Thanks again.

patrickjlc
12-22-2020, 05:48 PM
PSWC is on, the HDD was set to uninstalled, probably because they didn't have password. Maybe that is why I can't get in from the address bar.

I have another c454e that will see if the hd is on and pswc is on. If not i will contact the dealer that sold me the machines.

Synthohol
12-22-2020, 06:37 PM
turn off encryption in security in admin mode and format the HDD.
less aggravation.

patrickjlc
12-22-2020, 09:55 PM
I put another copier, and it worked right away.

tsbservice
12-22-2020, 09:59 PM
I put another copier, and it worked right away.

After all that sounds hmm.

patrickjlc
12-22-2020, 11:04 PM
After all that sounds hmm.I think the one we put in must have something wrong, because it locked itself on tech mode, system 2, HDD install- uninstall

Synthohol
12-22-2020, 11:11 PM
when you click "installed" it takes up to 15 seconds for it to switch over.

patrickjlc
12-23-2020, 12:06 AM
It did, prompted me to shut it off then on, got prompted for the HDD password. No one had it, so I tried to uninstall the HDD on Tech mode and it locked up on that screen.

Synthohol
12-23-2020, 01:05 AM
oh, at that point go into admin, it will immediately ask you for the encryption phrase OR format it.
format it.

Custom Search