PDA

View Full Version : BH-423, C-C211

Custom Search

Hansoon
12-26-2020, 11:54 AM
Guys I hope you all have a save and merry Christmas 2020 and that Covid is not hitting you.

I got from a wholesaler an extremely clean BH-423 with only 22.000 (!) prints on the mechanical counter. The whole machine looks as completely new depending on the state of the drum unit, the rollers, the fuser unit etc. So I believe the 22K are true. However, some ass seemed to play with the NVRAM and when the machine fires up after short time error code c-c211 appears. I removed the hard drive as well as ADF, extra cassettes unit and Fax Kit. The situation stays as it is. Any ideas how to get this beauty back on its feet? Because of the very low meter I would love to make a coin operated machine out of it in spite of its relative age. Should I use the NVRAM reset tool?

Hans

tsbservice
12-26-2020, 12:20 PM
Try to do logical format of HDD. Check that Authentication device isn't set in billing mode.

Synthohol
12-26-2020, 12:28 PM
make sure vendor mode is set to unset.

Description

Error code CC211 shortly after power ON. This error occurs afterfailureto delete authentication data. Itis notdocumented inolder Field Service Manuals.
Solution
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Corrupt data on hard drive.
Perform the logical format of the Hard disk assembly using these steps.
a. Enter Service Mode: Stop g 0 g 0 g Stop g 0 g Clear.
b. Touch these keys in this order: [State Confirmation] g [Memory / HDD Adj.] g Memory/HDD Adj.-HDD Format.
c. Select Logical Format (only when initially setting up).
d. Touch [Logical Format].
e. Press the Start key to start the formatting sequence. The sequence will terminate automatically when it is completed.
f. Turn the main power switch OFF; after 10 seconds or more, turn it back ON.
IMPORTANT : Formatting the hard disk will erase all data contained on it.
2. Failure of Authentication device (AU-102/AU-201H/AU-202H/AU-204H/AU-211P) or MFPB (PWB-MFP).

Hansoon
12-26-2020, 12:56 PM
But guys I removed and unsetted the hard drive as well as ALL options.
Tried the NVRAM reset thingy and is giving me now in Japlish:
"This is invalid External Memory. Please make sure the External Memory."

Tried several USB sticks. Any idea?

Hans

Zesti
12-26-2020, 01:06 PM
Check if NVRAM is seated correctly. Once stuck in 363 with same error and the problem was found to be the Plastics casing of NVRAM, was creating hindrance in seating the NVRAM properly.

Hansoon
12-26-2020, 01:13 PM
Thanks, did already remove the plastic housing before because of that fear. Seems the machine is very, very dead......... :(
But I won't give up!

Hans

Synthohol
12-26-2020, 01:18 PM
can you boot into service mode? stop-9 make sure vendor mode is unset. (not looking for a card reader)

zoool
01-04-2021, 05:55 PM
this is trouble with baypass tray. isolate it in service and check it. for me is clutch

srvctec
01-04-2021, 09:05 PM
this is trouble with baypass tray. isolate it in service and check it. for me is clutch

NOPE!! Not even close.

Hansoon, don't pay attention to this advice (betting you already knew that). The other posts are on the right track.

zoool
01-05-2021, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=srvctec;1652508]NOPE!! Not even close.

Hansoon, don't pay attention to this advice (betting you already knew that). The other posts are on the right track.[/QUOTsorry. you have right. i think about c-0211...
you can make na nvram recovery and install latest firmware. if you need nvram recovery PM me.You can do it without firmware but for me is better with firmware.

allan
01-18-2021, 10:05 PM
Did you get her running?

Hansoon
01-19-2021, 04:12 AM
Yes Allan, thanks for asking and sorry I forgot to post back.

Did a trick with the NVRAM board. More shouldn't be posted here in public...... ;)

The reason for the message "This is invalid External Memory. Please make sure the External Memory." was that I was that day in "Dorky Mode" and too late realizing that USB sticks should be formatted FAT32 and not NTFS.

Machine is up and working "and as new" and once again another big ;) here....... :)

Hans

Custom Search