PDA

View Full Version : Riso 3770 Disposal Error repeated problem.

Custom Search

dfizer68
11-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi, I have a Riso gr3770 that is giving me problems after I switched drums. I changed drums and it seemed to get stuck and would not work. I heard some noise (like one gear turning and one gear not) So I switched the drum back. Now every time I make a new master I get the DISPOSAL ERROR REMOVE DRUM PRINT CYLINDAR AND DISCARD MASTER message. After I manually remove the master it puts the new master on and prints fine. The master usually is pulled off the drum some and sometimes is torn on the end. I'm sure that something has "jumped time" , but is there an easy way to fix it. I don't really like having to manually remove the master all the time. Thanks

techathens
11-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Does this happen when you install a cylinder (color) that has not been used in a while? How old is the ink you are using, and is it RISO OEM or aftermarket? And when you reinstall the black cylinder, or the cylinder that you use most, does the issue go away?

dfizer68
11-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Yes it happened when I put a color drum in that had not been used in a while. Then when I put the black drum back in I get the disposal error at every new master. I have tried other color drums that work fine but I still get the same error.
Thanks

dfizer68
11-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Oh I forgot I only use genuine Riso brand supplies

techathens
11-17-2008, 07:57 PM
What is probably happening (because I see the same thing at McCommons Desktop Publishing with their 15 plus color cylinders) is the clamp is sticking either completely or delaying during the disposal cycle due the cylinder setting for a long period of time. RISO Ink will separate over a period of time especially out of the tube (in the cylinder or on the master material). In the case of the master material / drum body, ink will separate and some of the pigment and carrier (Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, or Soy based) will migrate up the master material and under the clamp plate causing the clamp to stick during disposal motion. You will have to clean the clamp plate magnet and clamp. Also lubricate the pivot points of the clamp plate for easy motion.

This can be a common problem with GR drums that set for a while. The best suggestions I can make is to remove the master manually on one of these cylinders and follow the above steps to clear the ink buildup under the clamp and insure the free motion of the clamp assembly.

Good Luck!

Davisway
09-16-2011, 02:12 PM
I have this same problem and i have a clean drum installed. I had the same grating noise like gears were skipping then the drum could not be removed. After rotating the drum by hand I could remove it but the rear pin that moves the drum was now out of alignment and the only way I could install another drum was to turn it with a wrench. Now when it makes a master, it comes up with the disposal error code that was mentioned above. I think the timing is off somewhere. Any thoughts?

bravo alpha
09-22-2011, 08:09 AM
I guess it's really the timing and also check the drum's Assy; Shaft Joint and Main Pulley; Shaft. Try to replaced it..

Custom Search