PDA

View Full Version : Loading IC-306 Fiery software without machine attached.

Custom Search

wjurls
12-28-2020, 08:29 PM
Like the title, I have a C6000 with an IC-306 Pro 80c Fiery that is hung up on starting up. Brought some system discs with me and it doesn't want to load. Maybe bad HDD, Bad DVD-Rom? Either way I am bringing this into the shop to try and resurrect it where I have more resources.

The question is, Can the system software be loaded onto the Pro-80 Fiery without it being attached to a machine?

Will it get so far and then hang? Or will it not get started at all?

Thanks,

Lee

Synthohol
12-28-2020, 10:05 PM
yes it can be done with no machine attached.
you can load system software via USB or disk.
just be careful about versions. the later versions of SS are win 7 and need a bios and ram upgrade to install.
does it have a FACI kit? you can still hook a monitor to it and see up until windows begins to load then the screen goes blank. (usually a good sign) but see if the HDD is even seen during POST or maybe detects a SMART error so you know the HDD is toast.

wjurls
12-29-2020, 12:03 AM
Thanks Synthohol, I found the system printout that indicates this has been updated to ver 3.01. Ver.s 3.0 adds FACI so I could get a monitor on it. I could breifly see the POST and it showed a Hitachi drive. Would then go to boot from CD and nothing. Turns out to be a toast CD-Rom. I rigged up a different drive47730 and was able to boot from the 3.01 system disc. This got me to a point where I could try to do a system recovery. It's still doing it's thing so we'll see I guess. Before this I would just get a blank screen after the POST47729Been at this screen for quite some time now.

Synthohol
12-29-2020, 12:32 AM
Awesome McGuyver man!

emujo2
12-29-2020, 04:34 PM
Not gonna help with your issue, but..I have had many PCs over the years..everthing from 40MB (yes MB) to 2GB drives. Some of these PCs ran for 8 years or more..Never have I had to replace a HDD (upgrade, yes) in any of these..I cannot even begin to count the amount of HDDs I've had to exchange in copiers/printer. WTF why do so many of these go bad..E

Synthohol
12-29-2020, 04:43 PM
The trend of bad hdds seems to be related in poor voltage fluctuations IMHO.
8/10 times the surge protector we have on all the machines show surges, undervoltages and outages recorded on them.

I'm not suggesting it's always the main cause but it really does not help at all.

wjurls
01-02-2021, 05:30 AM
Still battling this one. Hoping Konica left the customer with the software. I won't know until my contact returns on Monday. This particular Fiery was upgraded to ver 3.1 in the past and therefore won't accept the Linux based version 1.1 system code that Konica has made available. The recovery attempt above failed and my only hope is a new HDD followed by system 2.0 then up to 3.0.
According to KM 3.0 can only be installed on a 2.0 system. Is this correct? Or if I get the 3.0 system discs, can I load it to a bare drive?

Lee

Custom Search