PDA

View Full Version : Minolta di2010 on windows 10

Custom Search

DannyL
12-31-2020, 01:08 PM
Hello, I’m not a technician. I purchased this old copier after testing it out and searching the net for available drivers. Unfortunately the net is full of scam websites and I foolishly didn’t goto Konica/Minolta directly to look for drivers. So after paying $100 and logging back to my office and cleaning it up, I found out that no such drivers exist. I then contacted customer service that directed me to a local office which explained I was SOL. He did say that I could try an HP... (PCL or something) driver which I did but it’s still not working.

Is it even possible to operate this copier as a printer from windows 10?

If so, would you be so kind as to explain the steps.

Thank you

tsbservice
12-31-2020, 01:26 PM
Check out this thread:
Minolta Di2010 Windows 7 driver? (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/79774-minolta-di2010-windows-7-driver.html)
Or you can try to download existing driver for older Wndows versions and use Windows Troubleshoot compatibility option.

REGSIS
12-31-2020, 01:48 PM
Hello, I’m not a technician. I purchased this old copier after testing it out and searching the net for available drivers. Unfortunately the net is full of scam websites and I foolishly didn’t goto Konica/Minolta directly to look for drivers. So after paying $100 and logging back to my office and cleaning it up, I found out that no such drivers exist. I then contacted customer service that directed me to a local office which explained I was SOL. He did say that I could try an HP... (PCL or something) driver which I did but it’s still not working.

Is it even possible to operate this copier as a printer from windows 10?

If so, would you be so kind as to explain the steps.

Thank you

Di2010 isn't 64-bit compatible, only 32-bit drivers come to play.

Never tried this, anyway.

Synthohol
12-31-2020, 06:53 PM
i had luck with hp laserjet III drivers on older machines, no finishing options or pretty much anything but it has worked in the past.

Phil B.
12-31-2020, 07:10 PM
i had luck with hp laserjet III drivers on older machines, no finishing options or pretty much anything but it has worked in the past.

+1 HP LJ4 also works

femaster
01-01-2021, 01:36 AM
Di2010 isn't 64-bit compatible, only 32-bit drivers come to play.

Never tried this, anyway.

Looking in the tech portal, there are 64-bit PS (Post Script) drivers available for this model. They are XP/Vista 64-bit, released in 2007, but MIGHT (and that's a HUGE might) work if they are installed through compatibility mode in Win 10. All you can do is try. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't. You could also try and see if Win 10 will allow you to install the 32-bit PCL driver (again, Vista is the newest). It won't be like you are out anything for giving it a try.

Good Luck!

slimslob
01-01-2021, 03:53 AM
When Microsoft dropped support for all Windows versions prior to Windows 7 most printer/MFP manufacturers dropped the listing on drivers for all older versions of Windows. I don't know about Minolta but prior to that time all Ricoh drivers for XP through Win 10 were the exactly the same, same version and download size. You just had to order for the correct processor, 32 bit or 64 bit. To be on the safe side I would recommend using their Win 7 drivers.

copier addict
01-02-2021, 06:55 PM
Also, if I remember correctly, there needs to be a PS kit installed in order for the postscript driver to function. Otherwise you need to locate a PCL driver.

skelband
01-02-2021, 11:07 PM
Also worth bearing in mind, IIRC, Microsoft made a large departure for their driver model in Windows around about the time of Vista.
A lot of stuff stopped working around that time if the manufacturers couldn't be bothered to port their driver code and reissue new drivers.

Custom Search