PDA

View Full Version : C258

Custom Search

Kent
01-01-2021, 02:54 PM
getting a random black line running top to bottom on letter portait, it goes completely edge to edge and not in the feed direction, all the consumables are at 50%, line was noticed when printing but I duplicated it with copying as well,, transfer belt was replaced

Synthohol
01-01-2021, 02:57 PM
can you post a sample?

lartis.aineias
01-01-2021, 03:05 PM
Check the Belt cleaner or bk drum cleaner!

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G975F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

tsbservice
01-01-2021, 03:08 PM
Weird. As Synthohol mentioned post a sample. Do the black line appears on color print?

Kent
01-01-2021, 03:14 PM
black line shows up on everything

blackcat4866
01-01-2021, 05:13 PM
Image sample? I'm not going to speculate until I see the sample. =^..^=

Kent
01-01-2021, 05:42 PM
can you post a sample?

Ill post samples after the weekend

Kent
01-04-2021, 03:45 PM
47765here are samples

Synthohol
01-04-2021, 04:48 PM
Looks like drum/charge roller.
You can print the 4 gradation test patterns to see which drum it is.
forgot the part about top to bottom, sorry.

tsbservice
01-04-2021, 06:36 PM
Any non genuine consumables used? As I said lines perpendicular on paper feed direction are weird. You should run Stabilization followed with gradations and then print CMYK test patterns.

copier tech
01-04-2021, 09:28 PM
47765here are samples

Are you rebuilding the image units?

Bix
01-04-2021, 10:17 PM
I have had a similar problem: is the transfer belt cleaning blade. If you take it apart, you can vacuum it with the vacuum cleaner. Warning: if the toner granules have made the groove, you must replace the transfer belt because the line will probably come back.

blackcat4866
01-04-2021, 11:10 PM
If you look at the color density where the line passes through the 40% fill squares, you'll see that the color density CMYK ratio stays the same as the rest of the box, just more dense.

If it were a primary transfer cleaning issue the lines would be composite black in color, so it's probably not primary transfer cleaning.
Since it affects all colors equally it must be a primary transfer or secondary transfer issue.

There might be a primary transfer drive issue causing a compression.
There might be variation in the transfer voltages.

If you had a like machine i would try the primary transfer belt, and second transfer roller each separately. I think you'll find that it's a primary transfer issue. I've seen something similar on a Kyocera Matsuri series, and a Toshiba Weisshorn 2H series. In both cases one of the electrical contacts was either out of position (not touching the facing roller or bushing), or I had left off a contact spring to the facing roller at the cleaning unit end.

Does any of that help? =^..^=

Kent
01-04-2021, 11:59 PM
Any non genuine consumables used? As I said lines perpendicular on paper feed direction are weird. You should run Stabilization followed with gradations and then print CMYK test patterns.
Got there this morning and lines were gone ran some tests asked users and it has been fine,,Im not thoroughly convinced will wait and see

tsbservice
01-05-2021, 08:51 AM
If you look at the color density where the line passes through the 40% fill squares, you'll see that the color density CMYK ratio stays the same as the rest of the box, just more dense.

If it were a primary transfer cleaning issue the lines would be composite black in color, so it's probably not primary transfer cleaning.
Since it affects all colors equally it must be a primary transfer or secondary transfer issue.

There might be a primary transfer drive issue causing a compression.
There might be variation in the transfer voltages.

If you had a like machine i would try the primary transfer belt, and second transfer roller each separately. I think you'll find that it's a primary transfer issue. I've seen something similar on a Kyocera Matsuri series, and a Toshiba Weisshorn 2H series. In both cases one of the electrical contacts was either out of position (not touching the facing roller or bushing), or I had left off a contact spring to the facing roller at the cleaning unit end.

Does any of that help? =^..^=
Makes sense to me especially as OP mentioned of transfer belt replaced but wasn't specific about whole new genuine TBU or just aftermarket belt only.

Custom Search