PDA

View Full Version : Wear of transfer belt and transfer rollerWear of transfer belt and transfer roller

Custom Search

Bix
01-05-2021, 03:04 PM
hello, I would like to know a curiosity from you.
On each Konica Minolta manual, the transfer belt and transfer roller must be replaced at the same time. So, why does the counter in percentage of consumables indicate two different consumption values for transfer belt and transfer 2nd roller?
From my experience, the transfer roller indicator says 80% when the transfer belt is 100%.

Synthohol
01-05-2021, 03:13 PM
During self calibration and stabilization the transfer belt is using its "minutes of use" but the transfer roller is not being "charged" so there will always be more use to the belt than the roller.

Bix
01-05-2021, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the explanation! I thought that, even if it is not loaded, it rotates during the calibration phase. So the surface may wear out.

snoopyed
01-05-2021, 03:24 PM
Hi, I thought the point is auto gamma and color registration adj. when machine is warming up or before printing, it will do adj but without transfer image to paper. So only the counters of transfer belt is increased .

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

tsbservice
01-05-2021, 05:02 PM
During self calibration and stabilization the transfer belt is using its "minutes of use" but the transfer roller is not being "charged" so there will always be more use to the belt than the roller.
That's also my understanding. Second transfer isn't needed when machine does stabilization only when somebody do gradations(way too rare).

Max
01-07-2021, 04:17 PM
I dont think its the case anymore. Where before you had the roller supplied in the box with the belt to be replaced at the same time where now they are not. Possibly down to the cost. In my experience the transfer roller will outlast 3+ belts with no problem.

tsbservice
01-07-2021, 08:27 PM
I dont think its the case anymore. Where before you had the roller supplied in the box with the belt to be replaced at the same time where now they are not. Possibly down to the cost. In my experience the transfer roller will outlast 3+ belts with no problem.

Although I generally agree, letting CONSUMABLE part for 30€ goes beyond life to the like million of copies is...ughhh :confused:

Bix
01-08-2021, 08:16 AM
That's right, I don't understand the reason to write in the manual to replace both. Even in iSeries that are new printers the same is true

nochick
01-08-2021, 01:05 PM
just clean it. it can use almost forever. ;)

copyman
01-10-2021, 03:28 AM
I service around 75 "4" series from C224 to C754e and have changed the 2nd trans roller maybe 2 times over the last 5-7 yrs. Very rare they go bad.

Custom Search