PDA

View Full Version : C258 - Faded print on one side of 12x18 inches art card

Custom Search

diwakar
01-08-2021, 02:34 PM
Hearty hello to all !

We are encountering a strange problem with our Konica Minolta C 258, wherein, when print on 12x18 inches sheet of 260 GSM, we are getting faded print on one side. I have attached the image in which the left side can be seen with light (faded) colours as compared to the right side.

We called in the expert technician and he dis-assembled the drum and developer units and cleaned the laser unit assembly by inserting cloth piece inside the cavity. However, after he is done with the cleaning, the print quality deteriorated and faded prints started coming in thick strips.

After few more prints, the fading pattern restored back to one side fade print as it was earlier before the clean up.

Please advise.

Thank you for reading this and we truly appreciate if anybody can come up with some suggestions.
A lovely and safe day ahead.

With warm regards,

Bix
01-08-2021, 04:07 PM
Most likely, some consumables need to be replaced. But without counters, without references to the type of toner, etc. it is difficult to arrive at a solution.

Synthohol
01-08-2021, 04:07 PM
That symptom would be addressed by adjusting the 2nd side transfer voltage not taking apart a drum and developer.
Not exactly the"expert" tech in my opinion.

diwakar
01-08-2021, 04:23 PM
That symptom would be addressed by adjusting the 2nd side transfer voltage not taking apart a drum and developer.
Not exactly the"expert" tech in my opinion.

You are absolutely right, even we were skeptical about his ways of addressing the issue. We will change the transfer voltage and see if there is any improvement. We will decrease and then increase the voltage depending upon the result.

Thank you very much for your precious time and valuable advice.

diwakar
01-08-2021, 04:24 PM
Most likely, some consumables need to be replaced. But without counters, without references to the type of toner, etc. it is difficult to arrive at a solution.

Yes, we are thinking of first altering the transfer voltages and see if we can arrive at any positive outcome. We will keep everyone posted here.
We thank you for your time and advice.

Thanks and regards,

emujo2
01-08-2021, 05:26 PM
1st...260 GSM pretty tough for a C258..This should only be run through the bypass tray and thick 4 should be selected, and in limited quantities..In copier land we use terms that are dependant on which way the paper is going through the machine..In your case the short edge would be the lead edge..So when you say the right side do you really mean the trail edge (based on paper travel)?? I don't think it's a laser issue. Let us know how you are setting the machine up to run this paper..And if you were to run this job on pain paper of the same size, what is the result?

blackcat4866
01-09-2021, 01:36 AM
1st...260 GSM pretty tough for a C258..This should only be run through the bypass tray and thick 4 should be selected, and in limited quantities..In copier land we use terms that are dependant on which way the paper is going through the machine..In your case the short edge would be the lead edge..So when you say the right side do you really mean the trail edge (based on paper travel)?? I don't think it's a laser issue. Let us know how you are setting the machine up to run this paper..And if you were to run this job on pain paper of the same size, what is the result?

x2. Does plain paper print correctly? I suspect it does.

My guess is that the very rigid 260gsm media is hesitating at the bite of the fuser rollers, causing the media to pull away from the transfer belt (looking exactly like 2nd transfer loss).

My advice is to find a media in the 200gsm range. You are asking a lot from your 25cpm office machine (not production print).
=^..^=

diwakar
01-09-2021, 04:31 AM

Thanks for the response and your time.

Yes, we run our thick 260-290 GSM 12x18 art cards through bypass tray only with Thick 4 setting. However, we have set the first transfer voltage to -7 and second transfer of front (600dpi, thick 4) and back (600dpi, thick 4) as these settings reduce the grain to minimum on our art cards.

We tried running it on 120 GSM art card and got the same result

diwakar
01-09-2021, 04:36 AM
x2. Does plain paper print correctly? I suspect it does.

My guess is that the very rigid 260gsm media is hesitating at the bite of the fuser rollers, causing the media to pull away from the transfer belt (looking exactly like 2nd transfer loss).

My advice is to find a media in the 200gsm range. You are asking a lot from your 25cpm office machine (not production print).
=^..^=

Yes, it could be the reason. However, before this, we were printing flawlessly and this problem has grown over days, as we picked up some previous few week back prints and the fading was there but was very limited.

The noticeable appearance started from yesterday.

tsbservice
01-09-2021, 11:37 AM

Yes, it could be the reason. However, before this, we were printing flawlessly and this problem has grown over days, as we picked up some previous few week back prints and the fading was there but was very limited.

The noticeable appearance started from yesterday.

Consider consumables wear and tear. What you may have printed before pushing machine on its limits may bite you back now. Post fuser and TBU counters. I mean as always BC nailed it down.

Phil B.
01-09-2021, 02:26 PM
Consider consumables wear and tear. What you may have printed before pushing machine on its limits may bite you back now. Post fuser and TBU counters. I mean as always BC nailed it down.

+1

livancicm
01-09-2021, 07:40 PM
clean the plligon mirror

Phil B.
01-12-2021, 10:13 AM
clean the plligon mirrorPolygon motor?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

xerotec
01-12-2021, 10:38 AM
Polygon motor?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

yes is polygon motor mirrors on laser unit

rychardwall
03-02-2022, 08:11 PM
Hi, did you happen to solve the problem? I have a similar problem!

Gift
03-03-2022, 07:07 AM
I bet it was a dirty polygon mirror motor

rychardwall
03-03-2022, 11:31 AM
Aposto que era um motor de espelho polígono sujo

oh yes, I was suspicious too, but I was looking to see if there was any other factor. Thx!

Custom Search