PDA

View Full Version : Misaligned Page in ADU (Duplex) on C8000

Custom Search

adkw
01-09-2021, 09:47 AM
I'm having an issue with pages going that are going through duplex trigger a misaligned error/jam. It looks like the paper shifts slightly to the left as it goes through the ADU on the bottom side causing it to jam. It happens about 4-5 sheets into a job. All rollers and roller bearings inside the ADU were recently replaced. pages printing singe sided are fine it's only happening on duplex pages. Anyone ever experience this?

snoopyed
01-09-2021, 10:30 AM
What is the error code?

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

blackcat4866
01-09-2021, 05:34 PM
Jam code?

=^..^=

adkw
01-09-2021, 06:49 PM
Jam code?

=^..^=

It's J-9345. I couldn't find it in the service manual. It says Paper was fed with mis-centering. I can see the paper is physically slanted to the left under the ADU

blackcat4866
01-09-2021, 07:27 PM
Is the first side image properly square, centered? If yes, it happened after the first side was imaged and before the jam location. If no, the skew happened before the page was imaged. =^..^=

tsbservice
01-09-2021, 07:32 PM
Any clutches in ADU? You may want look at them if any.

adkw
01-09-2021, 07:34 PM
Is the first side image properly square, centered? If yes, it happened after the first side was imaged and before the jam location. If no, the skew happened before the page was imaged. =^..^=

The first side comes out properly square, but as it flips over it looks like the page shifts. I've tried replacing all the rollers and roller bearings in the ADU as well as the registration roller and the issue hasn't gone away. Had a few Konica techs look at it and they can't seem to figure it out. Could it possibly be a bad clutch? f

blackcat4866
01-09-2021, 07:40 PM
What about the fuser and inverter/exit assembly? A page skewed in the fuser may not identify a jam until further down the paper path. =^..^=

adkw
01-09-2021, 07:45 PM
What about the fuser and inverter/exit assembly? A page skewed in the fuser may not identify a jam until further down the paper path. =^..^=

Let me swap out the fuser and I'll update you. I have a spare fuser assembly I can try. The belt and shaft on the exit assembly were recently replaced but I will take another look at it.

Could the fuser or exit assembly/inverter be an issue since the jam seems to only happen on a duplex. Single sided copies are perfect it only runs into an issue when we're printing double sided jobs.

blackcat4866
01-09-2021, 07:52 PM
Possible, yes.

tsbservice
01-09-2021, 07:55 PM
Found something maybe similar:
Konica Minolta C6000 with J-9451 can't duplex (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/116538-konica-minolta-c6000-j-9451-cant-duplex.html)

adkw
01-09-2021, 09:18 PM
Any clutches in ADU? You may want look at them if any.

The clutches appear to connect to the main body and not to the ADU portion of it. It rollers are above the ADU unit. Clutches seem to be spinning without much resistance and no grinding.

adkw
01-09-2021, 09:40 PM

I tried cleaning the conveyance roller and I was able to print around 10 pages prior to another jam (furthest I've gotten in awhile). The rollers feel a bit smooth and worn out. Going to replace this and the pressure roller on the exit assembly and see if that does the trick.

Custom Search