PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C250i Fuser noise

Custom Search

Bix
01-11-2021, 05:51 PM
Hi guys, I have a bizhub C250i installed 1 year ago. This printer is only 30k and started making weird noises from the fusing unit.
After printing, there is a creaking metal noise for 2-3 seconds. Has anything like this ever happened to you?
I will order a new fuser but maybe someone knows a possible cause. It sounds like the classic bearing noise.
Thanks!

Phil B.
01-11-2021, 05:56 PM
Hi guys, I have a bizhub C250i installed 1 year ago. This printer is only 30k and started making weird noises from the fusing unit.
After printing, there is a creaking metal noise for 2-3 seconds. Has anything like this ever happened to you?
I will order a new fuser but maybe someone knows a possible cause. It sounds like the classic bearing noise.
Thanks!

did you try lubing the bearings?

do they move stiffly?

is there signs of the classic dusting?

is it dirty back there?

what have they been running?

did you pull the fuser and physically inspect?

Bix
01-11-2021, 06:13 PM
I didn't do anything. I just wanted to know if anyone has ever heard this kind of noise on the iSeries. On the part list the code has changed but it would not seem to be due to defects. I just did some printing tests and tests to identify the noise.
I inserted a screwdriver to simulate the closing of the door and the noise seems to come from the bearings.

Today on a bizhub C284e I heard the same noises but much louder. I have tried the gear lubrication but I think it is necessary to disassemble it to try. I have never taken a Konica Minolta fuser apart. Actually I did, but I admit I wasn't able to put it back together.

tsbservice
01-11-2021, 06:31 PM
Hi Bix. Sorry I can't help but please can you record the noise and upload somewhere?
That way we can use it in future to identify premature fuser failures.
Check timers in sleep/low power modes. Actually client may decide to prohibit them via admin mode and as we all know fuser will go caput early because of this.

Bix
01-11-2021, 07:52 PM
True, good idea. This printers maybe have problems with standby. I will have to check if it pauses, perhaps that is the reason for the deterioration of the fuser.

blackcat4866
01-11-2021, 10:03 PM
I've lubricated quite a few Konica Minolta and Kyocera fusers, and sadly, by the time you hear the noise it's too late to lubricate it away.

The first time I heard that creaky noise it was a Sharp MX-2300. If you used the HP-500 high temp grease to grease the inside and outside of the heat collars and bearings at the roller change, the fuser would stay quiet almost to the end of the PM cycle. I remember those fusers being rather difficult to PM.
=^..^=

Gift
01-12-2021, 07:45 AM
Thanks!

Yes but it wasn't the fuser I think. Once the noise appear, try to push away the idle rollers away from the exit roller (Gegenlaufrollen Auslauf). If the noise disappears you might have to take a closer look at the exit unit. You might also be able to re-produce the sound if you open/close the front door - machine starts idling with very low speed, that was when the noise came up at some point.

occus
01-12-2021, 09:27 AM
Yes but it wasn't the fuser I think. Once the noise appear, try to push away the idle rollers away from the exit roller (Gegenlaufrollen Auslauf). If the noise disappears you might have to take a closer look at the exit unit. You might also be able to re-produce the sound if you open/close the front door - machine starts idling with very low speed, that was when the noise came up at some point.

Yes, i had this several times on 250i... the exit roller section makes noise. Sometime on new out of the box devices.

Bix
01-12-2021, 10:22 AM
Hi guys, thanks for this additional advice. I could try a load check.
In this case, are there any skills or should you replace the entire paper exit output unit?

Gift
01-12-2021, 10:55 AM
Hi guys, thanks for this additional advice. I could try a load check.
In this case, are there any skills or should you replace the entire paper exit output unit?

In case I'm already on site I would disassemble it and clean+lube the axis for the exit idle rollers, that did the trick in my case. If you plan for a new visit you might also swap the entire assy in case you can claim warranty for the defective one.

mojorolla
01-12-2021, 05:17 PM
Thanks!

Sounds like the pressure release system from your description. If you run this is service mode, does it make the same noise...?

:)

avecosat
01-13-2021, 04:47 PM
I swapped the unit between two machines and stopped making noise . :confused:

Oystercopy
01-13-2021, 05:03 PM
This sounds like the classic fuser bearing noise that I've been hearing from everything from the -8 series forward. I usually disassemble and lube the bearings with something called Krytox from DuPont. Quiets them right down. I had one machine with only 10K do this on an -8 series machine.
OC

Bix
01-22-2021, 03:35 PM
Hi, I replaced the fuser and the noise disappeared.
The energy saving was on 60 minutes/60 minutes. This is definitely not very healthy. So I inserted the cable for the fix of the random ignition + firmware update and restore to the default state of energy saving.

For the first time I have replaced a fuser in iSeries. The lateral rotation mechanism is very strange. Seems to be made to avoid noise hahaha it is really a shame to waste a 30k fuser this way. Do you think it could be the bearings? Can they be lubricated? The weird thing that it only makes noise for 3-4 seconds after printing. So it could be pressure release.

tandztift
09-06-2022, 03:40 PM
Hi, are you sure the noise really comes from the fuser/exit section? I had this problem a while ago, and i was pretty sure i came from this area. I was wrong.
I removed the waste toner transport section above the waste toner box, and there was a pile of toner on the inlet port and inside the machine. For some reason the port didn`t open when the transport section was installed.
It has to be installed absolutely horisontal, otherwise the inlet port won`t open correctly.
I cleaned out the leaked toner and installed the transport section/ waste toner box correctly and the noise was gone.

tsbservice
09-06-2022, 05:17 PM
Hi, are you sure the noise really comes from the fuser/exit section? I had this problem a while ago, and i was pretty sure i came from this area. I was wrong.
I removed the waste toner transport section above the waste toner box, and there was a pile of toner on the inlet port and inside the machine. For some reason the port didn`t open when the transport section was installed.
It has to be installed absolutely horisontal, otherwise the inlet port won`t open correctly.
I cleaned out the leaked toner and installed the transport section/ waste toner box correctly and the noise was gone.

This is common on these and noise can't be mistaken with fuser/exit section noise. They changed some covers shape but advice is to install wtb transport section (upper part) together with actual wtb(lower part). Another I think separate issue with them is when toner rocks blok transfer belt cleaning section, usually customers call for CQ symptoms as blocked section dumps toner on belt and consequently onto paper.

Custom Search