PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 554e FA-14 errors

Custom Search

Reed
01-13-2021, 04:40 AM
I have a Bizhub 554e that keeps getting FA14 errors. I have replaced the HDD. Tried another memory dimm. Called Hytec and they said sometimes the interface cable from the control panel my throw the code so I changed the cable. Even sent the MFP pcb to have them check it out. They didn't have a problem with it while they had it. They said they reset it (what ever that means). I thought it might have been firmware related but it did it with the latest M1 firmware. I even uninstalled the movie data thinking that might be it. I had it in my shop for 2 weeks. left it on constantly. Occasionally I would power cycle the machine. It was stable the entire time. As soon as I deliver it for a rental the machine starts acting up again. Not sure what else to check. I can't really uninstall the HDD as the customer needs to scan. Any help would be appreciated.

femaster
01-13-2021, 06:25 AM
I have a Bizhub 554e that keeps getting FA14 errors. I had it in my shop for 2 weeks. left it on constantly. Occasionally I would power cycle the machine. It was stable the entire time. As soon as I deliver it for a rental the machine starts acting up again.

Did you have it connected to your network at the shop, and did you operate it while there, like print and scan, etc. with it? If it worked perfectly at the shop, but now acts up again at the customers site, I'd start looking at issues with the customer site instead of the copier itself.

Stable voltage from outlet? Problem with their network perhaps. Do they have POE (Power Over Ethernet) enabled on the network cable going to the copier? Just a few things to consider.

Reed
01-13-2021, 06:31 AM
Did you have it connected to your network at the shop, and did you operate it while there, like print and scan, etc. with it? If it worked perfectly at the shop, but now acts up again at the customers site, I'd start looking at issues with the customer site instead of the copier itself.

Stable voltage from outlet? Problem with their network perhaps. Do they have POE (Power Over Ethernet) enabled on the network cable going to the copier? Just a few things to consider.No I didn't have it connected to my network.. I would look at issues with their network but this is the 2nd time I've tried to rent it out. ( The first time I tried to rent it. I didn't realize it had the issue). But yea I'm thinking it might be something to do with it being on a network

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Custom Search